• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post-Starfield reviews, which game do you see doing best on the GOTY circuit this year?

Which of the following games do you see doing best on the GOTY circuit this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeOf9

This is only about critics, not your personal GOTY

Starfield reviews are out, meaning we have most of the big GOTY contenders for the year released now (you can make a case for Spider-Man and Mario, and we can revisit this question when those are out).

Of the five big games listed below, which one do you think will do best on the GOTY circuit and why?

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I thought TOTK had this in the bag but now I think BG3 will win it. The story surrounding the game and its development is better and more unusual and the public has much more love for it than for TOTK.

Last edited:
While I am enjoying BG3, I'm not feeling any emotions about it. It's a quality product but I need some tears in my eyes or something, a wow moment, which so far it hasnt given me. I'm hoping Spider-man 2 will.

yurinka

This is only about critics, not your personal GOTY

Starfield reviews are out, meaning we have most of the big GOTY contenders for the year released now (you can make a case for Spider-Man and Mario, and we can revisit this question when those are out).

Of the five big games listed below, which one do you think will do best on the GOTY circuit and why?
I bet Spider-Man 2, which isn't in your lilst, will be at least in the top 3.

I also bet that once the outlets that didn't receive a code for the Starfield review will publish their review the Starfield MC will substantially drop.

Last edited:

skit_data

Baldurs Gate 3, I think TotK is simply too similar to BotW and BG3 will be considered more impactful due to that.
Might be wrong though.
Also I wouldn't count out Spider-Man 2 scoring really high but I can't see it winning either. BG3 it is.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
From the ones already released I'd say Baldur's Gate 3. Zelda is fantastic but at the same time it's BOTW turned to 11 so it might get negative points. Either way, we win.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
FF16 or AC6.
Personally, I think Hogwarts was the biggest surprise for me... or ff16.. IDK good year

Lupin25

So far…

It’s BG3 for me. But it’s definitely Baldur’s Gate versus Zelda this year.

I think Spider-Man & Alan Wake 2 will be incredible and much better than their predecessors, just not quite as good as those 2 at the top.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
It's Baldur's Gate.

Between the reviews, the sales numbers, the achievement, and the hype nothing is going to touch that game.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I think that critics are aware that if they want any chance of change in the industry they need to celebrate Baldur's Gate III. Zelda is just another Zelda.

Lokaum D+

My god, FF16 have better score then Starfield, Damn...

on Topic, my vote is BG3/Zelda/ then FF16, but i really believe that BG3 is the only one that can stole Zelda goty this year but we need to wait for SP2

kaizenkko

Hogwarts Legacy MUST BE nominated. Best surprise of the year. Spider-Man 2 and Alan Wake 2 can fight for a place.

Regginator

Obviously a coin toss between TOTK and BG3, and I wouldn't dare to predict one to save my life. One is the ultimate sandbox experience in which player freedom boggles the mind and is virtually limitless, whereas the other (from what I have seen people say, haven't played it yet) sets a new standard for RPGs with an unbelievable package of story, characters, game mechanics, and player choice.

At the moment TOTK is my GOTY, by far. But I have to wait for the PS5 version of BG3 before I can play that. Looking very much forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom