• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Postal 1 and 2 are free on GOG

GrayChild

No, it's not PoRtal, that joke got old after the first 2176837647 times.

And of course, certain game journos and that forum went apeshit crazy.

https://www.pcgamer.com/postal-2-a-very-bad-videogame-is-free-on-gog/

Enjoy some of the best entertainment there is. And don't forget to check out Postal 4: No Regerts as well.

Last edited:
From germany, use e.g. Opera with integrated VPN service. Than go to gog and just add it. It is not free on the game page, but in the startpage you can claim it with one click.
Will try it from my phone, cause @ work theres no way to direct the traffic through vpn. Thanks for the info.

ROMhack

Well they're absolutely awful games so I wouldn't waste your energy really.

A curiosity sure, but awful games. Just play GTA instead.

Last edited:

Fbh

Thanks for the heads up. I'm never saying no to a free game game with no DRM

That PC Gamer article mentions Hatred. Didn't this forum ban any discussion on that game?

Wasn't that during the crazy days of old Gaf?

Last edited:
From germany, use e.g. Opera with integrated VPN service. Than go to gog and just add it. It is not free on the game page, but in the startpage you can claim it with one click.
Worked! Thanks again!
Well they're absolutely awful games so I wouldn't waste your energy.

A curiosity sure, but awful games. Just play GTA instead.
I know how "good" they are, but the "free" version I had in the times of the wild west internet, got lost in the netherrealms of old. A friend and I just fucked around with cheats for hours in this buggy mess of a game. GOG indeed. :)

ROMhack

I know how "good" they are, but the "free" version I had in the times of the wild west internet, got lost in the netherrealms of old. A friend and I just fucked around with cheats for hours in this buggy mess of a game. GOG indeed. :)

I can dig it. They're very much cultural artefacts as much as games go.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Postal 1 was legit pretty good back in the day. It was edgy and 90's as fuck but it was certainly unique. As a teenager, I thought it was the coolest thing.

I can dig it. They're very much cultural artefacts as much as games go.
I told my friend about the freebie and we delved into nostalgic "ah...the good old bring your 12tons-PC+CRT-monitor-combo into my home and we have a stupendous fun "LAN" party with three people, Unreal Tournament, Postal (when it was generous enough to run), beer, and Jedi Academy II-times... We were so young..."
I think, I need to pack in my laptop and visit him :D

Senua

Gold Member
lol...
Jesus fucking christ this place was embarrassing

Also...can we talk about Hatred again, please? As far as i'm aware, they don't have ties to anything dodgy and their game was actually quite fun.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Not interested in the Postal games but I'm just here to say I adore GOG.

Imo the best thing to happen to digital distribution and for gaming in general this decade.

I never use Steam unless I absolutely have no other choice.

My only wish is if they were able to acquire more older and newer titles.

Edit: also their tendency to give away free games. I got Magrunner, Shadow Warrior, Fallout 1 and 2 and other great one's in the past from them. Not to mention all the great sales.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
lol...
ModBot said:
Discussion of this game was banned not because it's a horrific assault to our sensibilities but because it was such a blatant attention grab from edgemasters with nothing else worthwhile to promote.
So, I’m guessing Zoe Quinn games were banned from discussion back then too, based on this logic.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant ‘game’, not ‘games’.

Last edited:
Top Bottom