• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown - Gameplay Overview Trailer

Kurotri

I was initially thrown off by this when it was revealed, but after looking at the actual gameplay I have to say it looks fantastic. I just wish they gave the protag different hair. Also their marketing team is dumb as rocks, throwing hip hop and the like in its trailers, it did some serious damage to how people perceive this game.

mcjmetroid

This has potential to be Ubisoft's best game since Mario and Rabbids kingdom battle. I liked when I saw originally.. all the rest of the drones laughed at it though 😂

It's sales potential though is very limited.. it's a risky game for sure

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Looks like utter mobile barf and makes the 2008 shitstain of a game look like a masterpiece.

Ill stick with my OG Xbox Sands of Time trilogy thanks

kiphalfton

Would this be considered metroidvania? Seems like it, based on needing to unlock certain skills to move to different areas.

TexMex

I think this looks fucking awesome. Love PoP, love the Metroidvania pivot. Easily the most interesting thing Ubisoft has done in quite some time. I feel like everyone was a little sour on it at the initial reveal but after they had a hands on event a couple months back, the impressions have been great. Gerstmann, who seems to hate basically everything these days, even came away pretty high on it.

Sentenza

I can't fucking stand this art style and character design, but let's hope the game is at least decent in other areas.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
This has potential to be Ubisoft's best game since Mario and Rabbids kingdom battle. I liked when I saw originally.. all the rest of the drones laughed at it though 😂

Looks like it might be the best 2D metroidvania game since Metroid Dread.

And just to shit in everyone's cereal, will likely be a lot better than Hollow Knight 2.

Last edited:

Deerock71

It's not a bloated 1 billion dollar game to produce, though. More like:
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Prince of Persia Metroid. I hope at the end the character takes off their costume and reveal they are a girl.

mcjmetroid

It's not a bloated 1 billion dollar game to produce, though. More like:
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF
Even still though, I would imagine normally Metroidvania would fans look at Ubisoft games with disgust and the exact opposite to what they normally want in a game. I know I do.

So for them to suddenly do a metroidvania is certainly unusual, especially with a fairly dead series.

Not to mention fans of the series seem to be mocking this because they just want a sands of time sequel or whatever.

So what we have is:

a 2D game
in metroidvania style,
by a company that has a reputation of releasing shite and the opposite to what metroidvania fans normally want
A fairly dead series
and nowhere near the genre the game series is normally known for

I think if it's really good It'll be a slow burn sales once word of mouth gets out but this has a lot going against it sales wise.

But IM interested and I think it'll surprise people. I like what I'm hearing

Last edited:

ikbalCO

Looks great.

Ubisoft is killing it lately. With mirage, nexus and the avatar game they have been on a roll. But its sad they dont get enough credit for their recent output :/

Fake

They hate persian or something?

I mean, there is other game that represent persian people like this franchise? Why change?

Last edited:
Top Bottom