• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake - First Teaser Trailer | Ubisoft Forward 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake releases in 2026​

The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake has been in development for a very long time now, and today Ubisoft revealed that it's coming in 2026. No footage was shown, but we do finally have at least a release window for the long-awaited remake.

UyzrnN7.png

Last edited:

Red5

I've never been blueballed by a video game teaser, this is a first.

I'm guessing they switched studios after the awful remake footage they showed last time?

FeralEcho

We're at a point where just remakes of already well established games take like 5 years to make. Remember the Crazy Taxi remake is also coming like 2027...

tfw GIF

This industry.Reset it man,just do a reset.

Barakov

Gold Member

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake releases in 2026​

The Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time remake has been in development for a very long time now, and today Ubisoft revealed that it's coming in 2026. No footage was shown, but we do finally have at least a release window for the long-awaited remake.

UyzrnN7.png

Mark Bonnar Lol GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

What are they doing?

RCU005

With the horrible reception the first trailer had, they had to remake the remake.

Hopefully this time they get it right. Sands of Time is a classic, and the IP deserves huge respect.

Sleepwalker

- Sees title
- awwyess.jpg
- clicks on video
- puts it on fullscreen
- its just a fucking lamp

fuck ubisoft.

Last edited:

Frwrd

They better not fuck Sands of Time or I'll fucking go and burn their HQ myself... Fucking motherfuckers, matter of fact just update the textures of the game, don't even touch the rest.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Imagine wasting people time for nothing lmao
This could've been an email.
- its just a fucking lamp

fuck ubisoft.
Cool. They showed nothing. Pointless.
It's fucking nothing.

^...I see.

So....I don't know folks, maybe people can stop trying to ask companies to just show shit for the sake of showing shit, as this is the reaction when news is given just because.

Yet we have threads like this...

My view. If something is maybe a year or so out, its fair to start a marketing campaign, teaser, trailer and start showing footage etc.

If not, don't show anything at all. So those jumping on this idea of, this publisher needs to respond to this or that, also need to take into account, showing some fucking logo or revealing a game premature also has this reaction too. Maybe it makes sense to just show nothing and only reveal with its within that release window of a year or something.

Cause how I see it.

Show nothing = bad
Show something = bad

lol Its like the gaming community will cry about either situation, so maybe its best to just only show when something is relevant to talk about, regardless of people's reaction of the publisher's absence.

We're at a point where just remakes of already well established games take like 5 years to make
? Huh? Sir...why the fuck would that be a shorter thing? You do know a remake is them well...REMAKING the game right? A remake doesn't mean something will be shorter sir, it will still take the time a normal game releases.

As in, it took 4 to 5 years to make Resident Evil 2 remake like it took Persona 3 remake about 4 to 5 years to make, where the fuck you are getting that a remake suddenly means something shorter is beyond me.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Remember, Games take longer to make these days guys.
They lot bigger and more advanced then games made in 2003.

Remember, Games take longer to make these days guys.
They lot bigger and more advanced then games made in 2003.

Sure. It takes even longer when you make a game, have it go Gold, open it up to pre-orders, then scrap the entire thing at the last second and start over.

Anyways, I really hope the rumors of Yuri no longer voicing the prince are false. Such an iconic voice actor.

I think a lot of people are missing that this switched developers and restarted from scratch, like Metroid Prime 4. This is really just them acknowledging that yes, it still exists and is still happening, now please stop asking about it for a while.

Top Bottom