• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Mugen reveal trailer

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
P. S.
Fuck waifu culture, what a fucking cancer.
Waifu Culture is good. But only if it's Senran Kagura.

This game however is going to be an easy pass as mobile will hold it back.

And it's all about that Gacha money anyway.

GHound

Gotta be honest all these anime looking games in the last 5ish years look the same. It all seems like they are made by the Genshin Impact devs.

Genshin

Tower of Fantasy
zzz
Mugen
Blue protocol
Star Rail

Am I missing any ? It’s so hard to differentiate these games to me and not think they are all just gacha games with piss easy combat for idiots without any kind of end game or challenge to go up against.
These three ARE made by the Genshin devs.

Last edited:

kondorBonk

Shameless Chinese developer stealing animations again. Shit needs to be shunned from the industry outside of an example of what A.I. will eventually churn out.

Aenima

Very pumped to start playing this game. After seeing extended gameplay of ZZZ that has the same urban setting as this one, but seems to be very linear and not open world, my interest is gone cuz thers no exploration, so all my interest is all on this project. Praying for a fair monetization and cool characters to keep me playing for a good while.

Labolas

Another softcore H-game
Confused Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

Anyways, the game is gatcha so my interest has really dropped but I'll still check it out at some point.

Soodanim

Gold Member
There's only one Mugen, and this thread does nothing but send me to SaltyBet whenever I see it. Thanks Obama.

Bkdk

Why is so hard these devs to make proper game thats not F2P gacha crap? If Cygames can do it with Granblue then so can they.
Because it's very profitable and market still hasn't really got enough of these games to compete with them. When COD was successful the amount of COD clones far exceed big budget gacha games. I'd rather play gacha then playing games with the current western female chars design like what sony is doing. I play more mobile games these days due to this reason. Or I play PC games where the characters are moddable that mod devs will change how the western devs design their characters. These games specifically target the audience that really hated how western devs design their female chars and the market is proven to be very profitable. Still, the western devs refuse to make more genshin clones and missing out on billions of dollars.

Last edited:

Valonquar

I think I hate Gatcha games more for their stupid amount of extra tiers of bullshit grinding to eek out every last ounce of an asset more than just the BS 5 star chance percentages. Not only do you have a .001% chance of drop... but you need FIVE of a unit to merge together to get a 6 star etc. This game looks really flashy, but so do a lot of the newer ones showing up. They look great in trailers, then you download it, play through the insanely long, boring tutorial and uninstall.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Because it's very profitable and market still hasn't really got enough of these games to compete with them. When COD was successful the amount of COD clones far exceed big budget gacha games. I'd rather play gacha then playing games with the current western female chars design like what sony is doing. I play more mobile games these days due to this reason. Or I play PC games where the characters are moddable that mod devs will change how the western devs design their characters. These games specifically target the audience that really hated how western devs design their female chars and the market is proven to be very profitable. Still, the western devs refuse to make more genshin clones and missing out on billions of dollars.
Or I could play games like Granblue Fantasy Relink that play them completely solo and offline without ever dealing with F2P or gacha crap....In fact there bunch of great Japanese games with character designs that are not F2P gacha game.

Gambit2483

Just came across this IGN interview on reddit.

Gamescom showed us exactly what's different between Western and Eastern devs. Eastern devs like to show off actual gameplay and aren't afraid at incorporating proven ideas from other games to make more fun and interesting games.

Western devs almost always focus more on cinematics or narratives while inserting PC agendas into thier characters and settings.

I'm way more interested in games like this and Crimson Desert than in what I've seen from Fable, Hellblade 2 and Dustborn.

Full transcript:
Technical Director

Hi everyone! We are very excited to introduce our game Project Mugen, an urban-themed open-world RPG.

You will play as an investigator, searching for and researching Chaos, traveling the world, making friends, and facing dangerous adventures together.

We hope that Project Mugen can bring you a fresh way to experience freely exploring an urban metropolis.

Our development team is devoted to combining the feeling of "freedom" with the "metropolis" vibe. To achieve this goal, we introduced technology that procedurally generates city environments, allowing us to quickly build an entire city, in addition to customized urban ecosystems, which together create a complete and vibrant urban landscape right before our eyes.

In a city this large, how can characters navigate the urban environment efficiently? Movement like swinging, grappling ,swimming, riding, and driving are integrated into a single, intuitive system. This is our solution, the highly mobile "3C system."

With the 3C system, you can easily switch between different movement methods, shuttling around and between the skyscrapers of the city.

Game Designer

In addition, we have striven to ensure that the game showcases lively urban life.

Indoor scenes are seamlessly integrated into the external world, enabling players to easily explore the shops and stores while exploring.

With the lively outdoor scenes, vivid cutscenes and unique gameplay that are close to life, you can experience a fascinating urban life in Project Mugen without even leaving your home.

In the future, we will further explore the diversity and possibilities that cities offer.

Technical Director

When discussing urban exploration, our designers pointed out that objects on the street should not just be decorations, but also things to vandalize or utilize, opening up new possibilities for exploration and interaction.

This idea meant a lot of extra work for our development team, but we believe that offering this sort of freedom is what really matters when making a game like Project Mugen.

Strolling on the streets in Project Mugen, you can interact with almost any object that you can see.

Whether you want to wreak havoc on the streets like a bully, or relive your childhood by playing peekaboo with cats, there is no limit to what you can do here!

Well, that's all for now! Thank you, and we hope you can join us in Project Mugen's metropolis soon!

Top Bottom