• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project X Zone |OT| Reiji & Xiaomu VS The World

CorvoSol

I depend almost entirely on Chun Li and Morrigan and Yuri and Estelle. This is because as much as I'd rather use X and KOS-MOS the game thinks that choosing where to deploy your units is stupid, so they're always stuck in the back, and since they're made from lead, they're invariably late to the party.

Everyone from Sakura Wars is my least favorite character, followed closely by that dumbass from Shining Force. I don't know you people, get out of the way of characters I want to play as.

LiK

I had no real favorites. They were all effective teams. But I did enjoy the fighters the most cuz I loved juggling with them the most.

Finally finished this a few days ago. I enjoyed it but it's too damn long. Used it as a palette cleanser between other games, it's too repetitive to be played on it's own without breaking it up with other games.

cj_iwakura

I agree with the idea that more teams would have helped. Also, take ten levels off of the game. It really started to get old by 25-26.

To name a few....
Ulala & Pudding (SC5)
Jude & Milla (Tales of Xillia)
Beat & Gum (JSR)
Sakura & Karin (way to drop the ball, Banpresto, they were in NxC!)
Hideo & Kyoko (Rival Schools, also in NxC)
Strider & Guy
Gen & Akuma
Mega Man & Roll (would've been a fun mix up with X & Zero)
Sonic & Tails (well, why not?)
etc.

By the way, I think I realized why the subtitles during moves only accompany little things like HAAAAA and Mifune Ryu Finishing Kempo. They're attached to cut-ins.

Oddly enough, the only time I saw an enemy get his dialogue subbed was Clone Heihachi during 40. And he had no cut-ins.

Bladenic

Wonder if they'll make a sequel to this game eventually. I'd buy it honestly. Even with its laundry list of issues, it was a fun game.

Shizuka

Since the sequel has been announced, I decided to finally start the game and get it over with before the sequel gets here. I've just started it, but during the battle bits, I feel like I'm just mashing commands left and right. Is there a strategy behind it?

cj_iwakura

Since the sequel has been announced, I decided to finally start the game and get it over with before the sequel gets here. I've just started it, but during the battle bits, I feel like I'm just mashing commands left and right. Is there a strategy behind it?

Yes, timing attacks to keep the enemies in the air longer. There is a method to the game's chaos.

Shizuka

Should I beat all enemies before taking down the target for the mission? Should I refrain from using counter or defend to gather more XP? Does XP mean the same as EXP, meaning the more I get, the faster I'll level up?

cj_iwakura

Should I beat all enemies before taking down the target for the mission? Should I refrain from using counter or defend to gather more XP? Does XP mean the same as EXP, meaning the more I get, the faster I'll level up?

It's tedious as all heck(in an already extremely tedious game), but yes, you should. Levels will make the later game much less annoying.

Shizuka

It's tedious as all heck(in an already extremely tedious game), but yes, you should. Levels will make the later game much less annoying.

What about XP? Is it the same thing as EXP? Should I choose "do nothing" when characters attack me and save all the XP I can get?

MSMrRound

What about XP? Is it the same thing as EXP? Should I choose "do nothing" when characters attack me and save all the XP I can get?

XP is basically Cross Points (or whatever you call it.) It's different from EXP.

Basically skills cost XP and you can also choose to spend 100 XP on either a special attack, or a multi-attack if you wish to.

Personally I didn't counter much until my characters gained more attacks, so that they can help me to regain the XP cost that I spent on the "Counter" command.

I recommend saving XP up for single heals (there's some items which offsets skill cost by 20%, which is really handy) as well as group heals (learnt later by a couple of teams).

Don't be afraid to send your fodder team into the mix for them to soak up a nasty attack from the boss. You can always set aside a "50% XP cost and 100% health" revival team for that purpose.

Frank and Hsien Ko (+Tron Bonne) were my go to team, since they are rather slow, so I can almost fully revive a KOed team before the next turn.

Shizuka

This game is a beast. I've just reached chapter 39 with over 50 hours of play time. It's ridiculous how the last ten chapters or so take one hour and a half, two hours to finish each.

cj_iwakura

This game is a beast. I've just reached chapter 39 with over 50 hours of play time. It's ridiculous how the last ten chapters or so take one hour and a half, two hours to finish each.

Yep. It's like that all the way to the end. The final battle is as ludicrous as you might expect.

Shizuka

Finished the game today, 55 hours of play time. I finished the game because when I noticed, I had already devoted around twenty hours or so on the game, might as well finish it. It's not particularly anything. It's not particularly good, the battle isn't that nice, the soundtrack is repetitive, the story is trash. It wasn't bad overall, just a hollow experience.

cj_iwakura

Finished the game today, 55 hours of play time. I finished the game because when I noticed, I had already devoted around twenty hours or so on the game, might as well finish it. It's not particularly anything. It's not particularly good, the battle isn't that nice, the soundtrack is repetitive, the story is trash. It wasn't bad overall, just a hollow experience.

The banter is pretty much the highlight of the game.

Tizoc

Currently in the prologue but why are these 2 female characters in the first 3 prologue chapters dressed like friggin strippers for?

Gameplay is kinda fun if simple but I really like the OST XP

Top Bottom