• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Devkit Name, NextBox camera a huge priority,

People also ignoring this quote - 'According to our tipster, Microsoft will make the camera a huge priority, while the Prospero kit uses older camera technology'
They both will have a camera.

EDIT :

Update :

Updated October 2, 2019 1:10 p.m. EDT

Comment added on tipster’s claims about Microsoft’s camera development. A Microsoft spokesman denied any camera technology is in development and that none has been delivered to developers in any form.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I also believe that Kinect 3 will be a thing, but not shoved in people's throat. And I dare to say that Mixer will be greater than ever, but not that great as Twitch - Sony and Nintendo will do with Twitch.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I thought the main purpose of the 'V' was for stacking dev kits while maintaining air flow? At least on the Xbox side, I expect another Xbox One X looking thing.

I'm still not buying the idea that they'll have forced pack-in cameras...because streaming? They can sell it separately no need to force it. Too many people will have Kinect flashbacks and freak out.

Article is probably wrong about camera, but, nevertheless, this quote from Gizmodo journalist is another thing :

Unfortunately, it's too vague. For example, I read the tipster's comment as suggesting the Sony device would do lots of real-time ray tracing from occlusion to shadows to full bounce reflections and the Microsoft device would rely on tricks to emulate ray tracing. But another colleague read the exact same comment and interpreted it as how ray tracing might appear in titles re-released for the new system. Game devs I passed it along too all had opinions that ranged the gamut from mine to my colleagues'. So until we get a little more detail I'm afraid it's all hearsay.

Maybe Sony will have better RT tech, who knows.

Where’d you get that update from? Is there a new article somewhere?

I don’t see it on the original?

Scroll down a bit

FranXico

Where’d you get that update from? Is there a new article somewhere?

I don’t see it on the original?
Yeah, I also don't see that there. Strange that a spokesperson would outright deny the camera elsewhere, after their initial stance:
Microsoft and AMD declined to comment. Sony did not respond to requests for comment.

vpance

The article writer posted on Ree guys.

Sounds like PS5 is doing RT in a more brute way and Scarlett is doing it like RTX?

Mass Shift

EDIT :

Update :
Comment added on tipster’s claims about Microsoft’s camera development. A Microsoft spokesman denied any camera technology is in development and that none has been delivered to developers in any form.

So basically........

chasing-tail-1.gif

McHuj

Article is probably wrong about camera, but, nevertheless, this quote from Gizmodo journalist is another thing :

Maybe Sony will have better RT tech, who knows.

Scroll down a bit

Its annoying that they won't print the quote to let the readers decide for themselves. I hate this "we're not going to print it, we'll talk about it" If you're not going to print it, don't mention it.

Mass Shift

I thought MS does not comment on speculation or rumors... unless they want to get ahead of the 2013 hysteria.

I would think that is EXACTLY why they would want to kill any speculation that haters would gladly spin into another negative narrative.

I don't think the camera will be that much of a priority because Xbox already has 3rd party accessory support and they made it a point to get rid of the kinect. Not saying it won't be back but they are even removing cortana from headohone mic commands. I don't see this happening.

Quasicat

I held off on buying an Xbox One at launch because of the Kinect camera. I will do the same if the systems require the camera to be connected.

Kazza

It reminds me of a portable electric heater.

That's probably not a coincidence. After all, the design of an electric heater is meant to dissipate heat to the rest of the room as efficiently as possible. Powerful consoles need to do the same.

Every car a jellybean, every console a boring black box...ahhh mass consumer tastes.

I like the design because it looks functional as fuck, which means maximum power with minimum noise.

I'm with you on this one. This looks like a genuinely unique (and functional) design. Anything but another black box, please Sony...

Top Bottom