• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Slim Disc coming my way this Christmas. What should I play?

Marvel14

Banned
So I promised myself I'd wait on PS5 until a smaller form factor appeared.

That time is now.

So what should I prioritise playing GAF that really shines on PS 5? I currently have 3 on my list already:

1. Baldurs Gate 3

2. GoW Ragnarok

3. Spiderman 2.

GAF- Assume that I've played these already. What should I play next and in what order of priority? I've held off from Ghost of Tsushima to get the PS5 visual splendor. Any other cross gen titles that really shine?

Advice gratefully received.

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The best answers have already been said. Astro bot is a must. If it clicks with you like it did for me, TLOU 2 will be the kind of game that will make you feel like few games can do. From there I will be selfish and kindly ask you to give Armored Core 6 a chance. The game is amazing.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member

That time is now.

So what should I prioritise playing GAF that really shines on PS 5? I currently have 3 on my list already:

1. Baldurs Gate 3

2. GoW Ragnarok

3. Spiderman 2.

GAF- Assume that I've played these already. What should I play next and in what order of priority? I've held off from Ghost of Tsushima to get the PS5 visual splendor. Any other cross gen titles that really shine?

All the Sony heavy hitters are available on PS plus extra :
:
FF7 remake intergrade
Returnal
Demon's souls remake
Horizon forbidden west
Ratchet and clank
Ghost of Tsushima
Days Gone
SM miles morales
...and others

Personally, I'd go for Days Gone if you have the spare time (it's open world After all), Demon's souls and Returnal - Ghost of Tsushi is...nice but way, way Ubisoft -like (with everything that entails).

TLOU2 is fookin' glorious when it comes to the gameplay , animations and attention to detail (1st game I played on my PS5) but you might as well wait for the native PS5 version.

Cheers

ManaByte

Gold Member

That time is now.

1. Baldurs Gate 3

2. GoW Ragnarok

3. Spiderman 2.

Replace Ragnarok with FFXVI and FFVII Remake.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'd advise that you play every single PlayStation exclusive that got a 60 fps patch or outright PS5 version from the past five or six years. They are truly gems. Even the mediocre stuff like Days Gone is worth at least trying out.

Top Bottom