• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 super SSD facing a powerful 12TF Xbox .. War Has Changed

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
This is happening since forever..
And at the same it’s normal but it’s not when it comes to shit war and turning the threads to war to show that you are smart while you are not but a poor player who can’t see the big picture here ..

No one gives a shit if your PS5 has a super SSD or your Xbox has 12TF .. there are so many players around the world not just around the corner next to your house or in NeoGaf only .. but every fucking country in this round planet and here is the fact for you .. they are interested more in games and having fun , the whole generations we see this kind of war but at the end everyone run after games not a box

so , making similar threads to force your point on others .. nah it’s not working like that , despite our favorite console that doesn’t mean we demolish the others .. I respect your opinion but it’s not a must accept it !

No shame in posting opinions .. but it’s a shame to use the definition of opinions to make a silly war

“ War... has changed. It's no longer about fun, games, or opinions . It's an endless series of proxy battles fought by players and machines. War, and its consumption of Joy , has become a well-oiled machine. War has changed. ID-tagged fanboys carry ID-tagged Consoles , use ID-tagged Brains . Nano-machines inside their bodies enhance and regulate their abilities to twist subjects. Genetic twist, information twist, emotion twist... . Everything is monitored and kept under the definition of opinion . War - has changed. “

- captain hero

Have fun and stay home

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Lol

Yes people play games.
99% of games are multiplatform.

Its not just one component that wins or loses the platform war. I will say games take a large percentage though

Its like
35% games
25% price
15% performance
20% marketing
5% features

However when the consoles become very even in these categories smaller differences matter more.

Sony are on top now with naughty dog, ssm and insomniac.
But things can change I doubt things will stay the way they are regarding game quality.
I mean only 12years ago the 360 was on top regarding exclusives.

The truth is both platforms are great, just enjoy them and try and not to get to caught up in online argument, at the end of the the day it is just a waste of time

sneas78

Banned
Thanks for letting us know how stupid we are, and thanks to the savior - You.. we would never figure that shit out. Man thank you so much, thanks for letting us know what’s truly behind the thread you made, now that ps5 is weak sauce compared to xbox, war has changed and no one care about TF. Got you. Or Gotcha! Are you ok? Please respond.

Last edited:

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Thanks for letting us know how stupid we are, and thanks to the savior - You.. we would never figure that shit out. Man thank you so much, thanks for letting us know what’s truly behind the thread you made, now that ps5 is weak sauce compared to xbox, war has changed and no one care about TF. Got you. Or Gotcha! Are you ok? Please respond.

^
live example

Aaand no one said you are stupid

Last edited:

sneas78

Banned
^
live example

Aaand no one said you are stupid
Live Example ^^^ you barking up the wrong tree my dude. I’m getting both. There is no need to tell us anything. Let that sink in. The more you try the stranger it looks. We know!!! If you want to be part of the solution, just buy the co sole you want and don’t explain anything to us.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: GHG
I'm just happy that probably all my 3rd party games on the SX won't run like booty cheese this coming gen. And definitely curious how 1st and Second party developers will handle all that new tech. The same thing said on PS5 with their quality exclusives. Fun times ahead.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
SONY is in a good situation having a console launch without crying, joy, back and forth and having a company dethrone another company is exciting, as a SONY fan you really want to see them kick the shit out of Microsoft again.

Kokoloko85

Its all fun and games really. A bit like supporting your football team but consoles give more back to me haha.

I can support Sony and Nintendo.
Its fun poking at xbox fans ( i do own an og xbox ) and there love for a comback

Last edited:

onQ123

PS5 SSD isn't up against Xbox SX GPU

PS5 GPU is going to go toe to toe with Xbox SX GPU

PS5 will have advantages from the higher clock speed while Xbox SX wil have compute advantages from having more compute units.

It will depend on what wall games run into 1st

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I was wondering when someone would make a thread to discuss these consoles. And a thread to discuss the discussions of the consoles is even better. Thank you for making this much needed thread.
Maybe we should create a master thread called “System Wars Bullshit” and put every new and pointless post that contributes nothing new or interesting inside of it. 🤔

Kokoloko85

Maybe we should create a master thread called “System Wars Bullshit” and put every new and pointless post that contributes nothing new or interesting inside of it. 🤔

I agree. Unless people give a technical not trashy opinion in the thread You take it to the System wars Bullshit thread.... which I will regulary be in lol

johnjohn

PS5 SSD isn't up against Xbox SX GPU

PS5 GPU is going to go toe to toe with Xbox SX GPU

PS5 will have advantages from the higher clock speed while Xbox SX wil have compute advantages from having more compute units.

It will depend on what wall games run into 1st
PS5 GPU is not going toe to toe with the Series X GPU lmfao.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Snakes have legs

MGT4nTx.gif

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
OP, is this is your feeble 9.2 tear-a-flop Sony Pony desperate last effort at truce, only now? Even now as our mighty 12TF siege engine stands just outside your gates, ready to unleash Hell upon you? Shall we in our strength lay down arms while you tremble in weakness? Where was this talk of peace when your Sony fanboy brothers lashed my people without mercy for the Kinect? When was quarter given as were humiliated for lower resolutions and scorned for our lack of first-party games? We were dragged through the filthy forums as your kind delighted in our pathetic state. No. Please understand that we Xbots offer you no alliance. No compact. No truce. No peace. Let these forums burn to the ground and the Console Wars rage in this their greatest chapter. Xbox Nation brings open console war upon you, whether you would have it or not.

Last edited:

onQ123

It factually is not, they're in a completely different realm of compute capabilities.

OK different realm lol

PS5 will have the Rasterisation , ROPs , Geometry Engine & other parts of the GPU outside of the compute units running at a higher clock rate while having a equal number with the Xbox SX GPU so the advantage go to PS5 for these parts.

sneas78

Banned
OP, is this is your feeble 9.2 tear-a-flop Sony Pony desperate last effort at truce, only now? Even now as our mighty 12TF siege engine stands just outside your gates, ready to unleash Hell upon you? Shall we in our strength lay down arms while you tremble in weakness? Where was this talk of peace when your Sony fanboy brothers lashed my people without mercy for the Kinect? When was quarter given as were humiliated for lower resolutions and scorned for our lack of first-party games? We were dragged through the filthy forums as your kind delighted in our pathetic state. No. Please understand that we Xbots offer you no alliance. No compact. No truce. No peace. Let these forums burn to the ground and the Console Wars rage in this their greatest chapter. Xbox Nation brings open console war upon you, whether you would have it or not.
😂😂😂 I can’t breath.

Gamerguy84

Damn this dude came out like

OK different realm lol

PS5 will have the Rasterisation , ROPs , Geometry Engine & other parts of the GPU outside of the compute units running at a higher clock rate while having a equal number with the Xbox SX GPU so the advantage go to PS5 for these parts.
This won't make up for anything, you're getting buzzword fed by Mark Cerny and the other cronies around here. Nothing makes up for more hardware.

The difference in scale between these GPU's is basically the difference between the RTX 2080 and the 2080 Ti, the 2080 Ti is clocked considerably lower but the physical compute overhead crushes.

There's no way around this.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier

dear sir ,

I have no interest in you as a group ( ps fanboys or Xbox fanboys ) .. I don’t care if you opened fire on them or they demolished you I’m not defending any console here .. I’m pointing at an act that shows how stupid that person can be when he turns the facts and start a war in every thread .. Wither you like or not I’m just sharing an opinion and you have the right to except it or not but don’t drop tears on me and asking me to feel sorry for you ! Because a box !
That’s embarrassing

regards

onQ123

This won't make up for anything, you're getting buzzword fed by Mark Cerny and the other cronies around here. Nothing makes up for more hardware.

The difference in scale between these GPU's is basically the difference between the RTX 2080 and the 2080 Ti, the 2080 Ti is clocked considerably lower but the physical compute overhead crushes.

There's no way around this.

No way around it huh?

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member

hqdefault.jpg

PS2 had a 48GB/S bandwidth and 9 of them could control 1 guided missile.
PS5 has 448GB/S throughput. That's just over 9 times the speed of the PS2.
So 1 PS5 instead of 9 PS2's can now be used to guide missiles directly to your doorstep.
Hey, I'm not in this fight. Just saying, I just call it like I see it ya know?
Nothing Personel.

onQ123

You don't seem to understand that those GPU's are completely different architectures, the ones in the PS5 and Series X are not.

What a foolish and ignorant thing to post.

It make more sense than you think

The advantages that RX 5700 XT have over Vega 64 are mostly the same advantages that PS5 will have over Xbox SX GPU from the higher clocks.

The video show you that most of the games are not compute bond & only a few came out better on Vega 64.

Justin9mm

The ACG podcast summed it up best.

Sony is trying to change what powerul means. MS tried this shit at the beginning of this gen and got called on for it but Sony seems to be getting a pass.

Regardless, both consoles are powerful. It’s all gonna work out fine.
Whilst I agree, I think the Xbox One v PS4 scenario is a little different to the Series X v PS5.. The power difference this time round is slight.

It make more sense than you think

The advantages that RX 5700 XT have over Vega 64 are mostly the same advantages that PS5 will have over Xbox SX GPU from the higher clocks.

The video show you that most of the games are not compute bond & only a few came out better on Vega 64.
The advantage the 5700 XT has over the Vega 64 are its architecture, its has an IPC rating under RDNA which is 1.25x higher GCN.

Its 9.75 Teraflops translate to 12.18 GCN teraflops not even factoring in the other improvements and efficiencies within the newer architecture. You can't compare a Vega 64 to a 5700 XT, it's like comparing Nvidia GPU operating metrics to AMD's, it doesn't make any sense because the architecture is completely different.

Series X and PS5 has what amounts to basically the same GPU, the same architecture, the delineation is compute units and clock speeds. Sony's GPU being clocked to what it is will not command some lead over 16 additional compute units, not even close.

Justin9mm

Would you say they are more powerful per TF ?
Well they are but I think the real world performance will play out differently to the spec sheet because they are running different speeds. It's the same GPU. When you factor in the other variables, I think you'll find they will be pretty close. A lot closer than say what X is to Pro.

onQ123

The advantage the 5700 XT has over the Vega 64 are its architecture, its has an IPC rating under RDNA which is 1.25x higher GCN.

Its 9.75 Teraflops translate to 12.18 GCN teraflops not even factoring in the other improvements and efficiencies within the newer architecture. You can't compare a Vega 64 to a 5700 XT, it's like comparing Nvidia GPU operating metrics to AMD's, it doesn't make any sense because the architecture is completely different.

Series X and PS5 has what amounts to basically the same GPU, the same architecture, the delineation is compute units and clock speeds. Sony's GPU being clocked to what it is will not command some lead over 16 additional compute units, not even close.

LOL no that's not how it work 9.75 fp32 TF is still 9.75 fp32 TF the difference is that it's not being held back by other parts of the GPU which is showing you that the games wasn't limited by the TF number.

LOL no that's not how it work 9.75 fp32 TF is still 9.75 fp32 TF the difference is that it's not being held back by other parts of the GPU which is showing you that the games wasn't limited by the TF number.
You have no Earthly grasp on what you're poorly attempting to discuss here.

Do yourself and me/us a favor and stick to what you know, whatever that may be, because it's assuredly not this.

Top Bottom