• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 super SSD facing a powerful 12TF Xbox .. War Has Changed

onQ123

You have no Earthly grasp on what you're poorly attempting to discuss here.

Do yourself and me/us a favor and stick to what you know, whatever that may be, because it's assuredly not this.

Wrong & loud lol

9.75TF is still 9.75TF it's not going to = 12TF

The new GPU just get better use out of that 9.75TF

It just proved that the TF number isn't as important for these games as you want them to be.

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
Well they are but I think the real world performance will play out differently to the spec sheet because they are running different speeds. It's the same GPU. When you factor in the other variables, I think you'll find they will be pretty close. A lot closer than say what X is to Pro.
I also think they'll be close but that 3-1.8 tf difference is bigger than it appears as performance per tf is more in the new architecture. I sort of expected it to be like travelling at 80 mph in a 1980's Ford Capri 2.8i in the Xbox and 80 mph in a 1980's Fiesta 1.1 in the Ps5. I'm getting both though, one for popping to shops in and the other longer journeys.

LostDonkey

PS5 SSD isn't up against Xbox SX GPU

PS5 GPU is going to go toe to toe with Xbox SX GPU

PS5 will have advantages from the higher clock speed while Xbox SX wil have compute advantages from having more compute units.

It will depend on what wall games run into 1st
and more TMUs and more Rops for the Xbox.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Lol

Yes people play games.
99% of games are multiplatform.

Its not just one component that wins or loses the platform war. I will say games take a large percentage though

Its like
35% games
25% price
15% performance
20% marketing
5% features

However when the consoles become very even in these categories smaller differences matter more.

Sony are on top now with naughty dog, ssm and insomniac.
But things can change I doubt things will stay the way they are regarding game quality.
I mean only 12years ago the 360 was on top regarding exclusives.

The truth is both platforms are great, just enjoy them and try and not to get to caught up in online argument, at the end of the the day it is just a waste of time
And 100% to remember the name.

Top Bottom