• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Tech Demo Detailed, Called 'Hugely Impressive'

A hardware platform that iterated incrementally on a continual basis using standardized parts and interfaces sounds great. Maybe even open it up and let people decide what parts they want to use in their system.

Would need a strong, standardised OS with suitable APIs to allow oh hello there PC.

Stuart360

Lets not pretend PC gamers are playing on average even at the standard of a base level PS4.....

PC gamers are generally full of hot air

I love it when console fanboys continue to post those pointless Steam survey results. The reason why 1080p is still standard for a lot of PC gamers is because they are pushing for 144fps and higher, NOT that they dont have the hardware to run games at 4k/60 etc.
Thats the thing with PC gaming, choice.

Last edited:

rəddəM

Tech demos rarely reflects actual gameplay so...
... I don't care?
They're cool and all but we need to move on from these fakes cinematics and demos that don't represent at all the final game or that are going to change alot.

ruvikx

Banned
I just want to give everyone here a heads-up.... we will all be buying RDR2 again.

You think the PC version was the ultimate one? That thing is gonna look like horse-manure against the next-gen version.

How about no?

Question: How many remasters of the PS360 era (Bioshock collection, Skyrim etc. among countless others) made the PC versions of those games (i.e. versions which were released alongside the console versions at the time) look like "horse manure"? Answer: none. People were rocking games at 4K 60 fps on their pc when the "remastered" console versions years later on ps4 & xbox one were stuck at either 30 fps or a much lower res (without hitting max settings equivalent either). Add mods into the picture & pc shits all over consoles.

If RDR2 gets a ps5 remaster, it'll be merely an attempt to make it something like 4k 60 fps & visually in-line with the high settings pc version releasing next month. The only time a console game looks or runs better than a pc game is when it's far better optimized & no amount of horsepower can fix the pc version.

Bryank75

Banned
How about no?

Question: How many remasters of the PS360 era (Bioshock collection, Skyrim etc. among countless others) made the PC versions of those games (i.e. versions which were released alongside the console versions at the time) look like "horse manure"? Answer: none. People were rocking games at 4K 60 fps on their pc when the "remastered" console versions years later on ps4 & xbox one were stuck at either 30 fps or a much lower res (without hitting max settings equivalent either). Add mods into the picture & pc shits all over consoles.

If RDR2 gets a ps5 remaster, it'll be merely an attempt to make it something like 4k 60 fps & visually in-line with the high settings pc version releasing next month. The only time a console game looks or runs better than a pc game is when it's far better optimized & no amount of horsepower can fix the pc version.

Meh, sure we will see.... it's not my pride at stake. Although the PC gaming communities pride seems to be in desperate danger if the reactions to the new generation consoles is genuine....

diffusionx

Gold Member
Meh, sure we will see.... it's not my pride at stake. Although the PC gaming communities pride seems to be in desperate danger if the reactions to the new generation consoles is genuine....

There's no way Rockstar is going to go back to RDR2 again and add a bunch of stuff that isn't in the PC version and is, I don't know, impossible for the PC version. It's just not realistic.

It's more about keeping expectations in check. I get that new consoles are exciting, but ultimately these consoles are built on the same parts you can put in a PC, and there exists at the exact same time variants for sale on PC faster than the ones in the console. I would say that "nobody really thinks a $400 console will obliterate a PC twice as expensive", but it seems people do believe that.

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
There's no way Rockstar is going to go back to RDR2 again and add a bunch of stuff that isn't in the PC version and is, I don't know, impossible for the PC version. It's just not realistic.

It's more about keeping expectations in check. I get that new consoles are exciting, but ultimately these consoles are built on the same parts you can put in a PC, and there exists at the exact same time variants for sale on PC faster than the ones in the console. I would say that "nobody really thinks a $400 console will obliterate a PC twice as expensive", but it seems people do believe that.

I have an 800 euro PC... it can barely run MS Office package without an error every few hours. Unless your spending 1.5k on a PC, it's a waste of time IMO.

I still see pre-built PCs with i3 and 4GB RAM being sold for 350-400$.

Would you buy that or would you rather buy XB1X?

inb4 "Jaguar ST performance is trash"

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

Would you buy that or you rather buy XB1X?

I've bought ps4 slim for 200usd new 2 years ago. Best purchase ever even if it's just for exclusives. It's impressive what they do with this small box

sendit

Would you buy that or you rather buy XB1X?

an i3 completely outclasses what is in an either the Xbox or ps4

Last edited:
SSD doesn't add power to a games graphics so not sure why it;s written that way.

Also, 25FPS on a TECH DEMO, that was unfinished.

Guys 60fps won't be standard next gen sorry.

A.Romero

I'm really excited for next gen (I'm always excited) but people expecting consoles beating PC are clueless.

It doesn't even matter in any case...

Zannegan

Having thought about it, it's not that I couldn't believe the content of this rumor, but the information is couched in such vague (and occasionally ignorant-sounding) terms, that it sounds more lke a 14 year old's hype fanrltasy than a leak from someone who is knowledgeable enough to look at a demo and gauge whether/how it is technically impressive.

/my2cents

II_JumPeR_I

Funny thing is he hasnt said PS5... he only said a nextgen game in early stages..

Seems like the Media forgot that Microsoft has a new console coming too

I hope we keep the shape of the console even if the Hugely Impressive Demo is a dumb name and runs slower than I imagined.

I need somewhere to place my Plastic Cups on in the Snooker Triangle shape for the Launch Party.

Rien

Jelly Belly
It was actually the PS1 tech demo (which really impressed prospective third parties at the time):

The sound of the first synth reminds me a lot of the PSX boot-up screen just before it goes to the white screen the triangle thingy.
Wonder if the used the same synths here.

Top Bottom