• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Firmware ver. 1.52 is now available in US

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I've already posted this in the PSP emu thread but I guess it needs a specific topic.

If I'm wrong, please lock.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I probably might as well, I'm already nailed with 1.51. C'mon, let the mocking ensue...

Anyone know what it does? More "security updates?"

*cry*

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I thought they fixed it with the 1.51 version.

Do u know a quick/"scientific" way to check it out?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The mod scene isn't going to give up on cracking the PSP now that 1.5 is seemingly broken, are they?

Nos_G

TTP said:
I thought they fixed it with the 1.51 version.

Do u know a quick/"scientific" way to check it out?

Well the occurance of it staying blurred isn't as frequent, but it still happens. (e.g. after a few pages of viewing manga)

But of course I have no 1.5 psp to compare with my 1.51psp.

Juice

I wish this "don't upgrade your firmware" fad had begun before the 1.51 patch was released.

Now I'm probably stuck without an exploit for a year.

Argh.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
neptunes said:
wait...Does this mean new psp's will ship with .52 firmware? If so I think I might have to buy one soon.

maybe in a few months. psp bombed and all units on shelf are 1.50 right now :p it'll take a while to replenish stock with the new firmwares

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mejilan said:

- UMD MUSIC can now be played under [Music] (dont ask. I thought it worked this way already)
- Revisions to strengthen security.

File size: 14MB

DMczaf

TTP said:
- UMD MUSIC can now be played under [Music]
- Revisions to strengthen security.

File size: 14MB

Hmmm, thousands and thousands of emulated games...or UMD Music under Music section? Sorry NES!

acklame

Mejilan said:
I probably might as well, I'm already nailed with 1.51. C'mon, let the mocking ensue...

*cry*
The minute you upgrade to 1.52, 1.51 exploit will be out. So please upgrade :D

black_13

Banned
well unlike the 1.51 upgrade, this one is actually quiet useful as it lets u play music UMD's in the PSP menu but of course, who the hell is gonna buy UMD music.

Rhindle

Do we really have a choice in the matter?

I thought newer games were going to require/automatically install the upgrade.

BuddyC

Juice said:
I wish this "don't upgrade your firmware" fad had begun before the 1.51 patch was released.

Now I'm probably stuck without an exploit for a year.

Argh.
Did you buy an extended warranty with your PSP? If so, it'd sure be tragic if your 1.51 unit started having problems and needed to be replaced with a fresh 1.50 system.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Rhindle said:
Do we really have a choice in the matter?

I thought newer games were going to require/automatically install the upgrade.

then it's simple, we simply just won't buy games. and cause the failure of PSP :p

aoi tsuki

black_13 said:
well unlike the 1.51 upgrade, this one is actually quiet useful as it lets u play music UMD's in the PSP menu but of course, who the hell is gonna buy UMD music.
Example: Michael Jackson releases a new album with references to this latest debacle and Sony decides to put exclusive video on the UMD version. Nothing worth buying the UMD for unless you're a diehard fan, but then again there's enough diehard MJ fans out there.

Top Bottom