• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Homebrew: Port of PC Beats of Rage released

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Beats of Rage 0.01 First Release

"Today Beats of Rage 0.01 has been released. What is actually funny about this is when we posted the screenshots before almost everyone said they were fake. Well here you go:

Instructions:
Download the file for your PSP from us here.
Download Beats of Rage for PC from the offical site.
Extract bor.pak into same folder on EBOOT.PBP
If you want to play mod, rename to 'bor.pak' and put it.
If you run on pspe, use 0.09 or more."

For 1.0 firmware only for now, You know where to get it. Been playing for a few mintues and it runs great(abet from some initial loading). I'm gonna try out some of the mods later.

select.gif

1a1.gif

Gattsu25

Banned
what the hell is Beats of Rage? and why the hell is it only for 1.00 PSPs :(

edit: ahh..pics loaded now...so that's what that game was called

border

Where can you download this? Google isn't turning up an official site, and only giving me links to the PC version.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Sho Nuff said:
Loading....loading.....geez...

wow holy crap...this is fuckin awesome, but the load times are unbelievable!

It was like that for me on the Zodiac also. Something about having to uncompress so much data in the beginning, then it's all good. :)

rod

Banned
um, ok so can someone tell me step by step how to get this working? what files to put in what dir ect ect..

Sho Nuff

Banned
In your PSP memory stick's /PSP/game directory make a /bor directory, copy in the eboot file, then copy the actual BOR data file (the one that's about 60mb or so).

And if you have a 1.5 PSP it won't work and it sucks to be you.

samusx

Banned
Hey I just went to my local game store yesterday and I saw that they had a used PSP that was ver 1.00 so I got it. Now I am trying BOR and I got it to work it is super cool.

The only problem is that every time I get to the end of a level the game seems to lock up. The music still plays but none of the buttons work, I end up having to power down. What gives?

I have tried the official BOR game, plus a few mods and the same thing happens in each one. Anyone have any info that might help me?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gattsu25 said:
what the hell is Beats of Rage? and why the hell is it only for 1.00 PSPs :(

edit: ahh..pics loaded now...so that's what that game was called

It's basically a bastard version of Streets of Rage (Sega) done by Senile team replacing original character sprites and some parts of the backgrounds with those taken from King of Fighters.

Top Bottom