• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Psychonauts Game is currently not free

fse

Free?
Yes please
RChGshk.png

aries_71

Why is it free? Some kind of anniversary or a store bug?

I wouldn't like having my account cancelled for taking advantage of a bug...

YCoCg

It's not aged well but it's still a good game, also this game was like always free on PC when Double Fine were indie, so I guess now they're with Microsoft it'll always be free on Xbox now :p

Tschumi

This game was fantastic. I don't think I'd get into it today so y'all shouldn't mind if you don't really love it, but it was a really special event~

Best game Double Fine ever made. By a long shot. Nothing they made after is as complete or as fun. When is the sequel coming, been waiting for years...

Hestar69

Does it run any better on the xbox one s? I bought it years ago and man,It runs pretty poorly at certain parts.

Zannegan

One of my favorite games, and one if the more creative 3D platformers I've ever played, but that genre label sells it short. It's kind of the midpoint between Mario 64 and Luigi's Mansion 3, though with a better story (because it has one, lol).

Unless you just hate the genre, jump on this.

EDIT: Shows up as free on the European store, but the US store link says it's $9.99. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

RPS37

I was literally just about to buy it.
And it’s still showing up as 10 bucks on the US store...

Last edited:

speedomodel

I just got it thanks to Wario, use his link. Link in OP didn't work.

EDIT: Confirmed, it's installing on my Xbox One X now and is showing in my library as owned on the console. Weird because the marketplace link still says I need to buy it.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

They should probably put it on gamepass at this point. There a real lack of original Xbox games on there.

I'm glad I got it when it was free though.

How do you find out about promotions like this normally?

Fuz

Banned
Get it, guys.
It's one of the greatest games ever, imho. The intro can be a bit boring, you'll probably need a bit of patience.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is this a botched promotion or was that a price error?
Considering it was free on the Xbox One store but not on the 360 marketplace (where you typically buy BC games) I'm guessing it was either a failed or internal test to allow people to buy BC games directly from the Xbox One storefront. ie the "new Xbox store" we've been promised for a while now.

But that's just a guess on my part.

Top Bottom