• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG Mobile is playable on PC with official Tencent-made emulator

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Copied this over from my own ERA thread, so this is totally okay :) One of the last threads i made there.

Gave this a search and found nothing. Apparently this has been available since May.

Tencent offers an emulator called Tencent Gaming Buddy that seems dedicated to PUBG Mobile. Upon installing, the game is auto configured for keyboard and mouse support. I am not too sure if its a VM or a native app, but because Tencent made this to give low end PC players a chance to play PUBG, they seperated servers for those who play the mobile version, and those who play the TGB emulated version on PC. Account data can be shared.

Game download: http://syzs.qq.com/en/
Install instructions: https://exp.gg/en/pubg-en/38904

The game has 3 autopreset visual modes:
  • SD 720p (Runs on 8600 GT/9600 GT/HD 2600/HD 3600 and comparable, DX10)
  • HD 1080p (This requires a GTX 660 or better)
  • Ultra HD 2K (This requires a GTX 1060 or better)
And there are also 4 display quality settings:
  • Auto
  • Smooth
  • Balanced
  • HD
60 FPS is also supported as of the recent 0.6.0 build. (Before you needed to use an unofficial graphics tool called GFX Tool)

MINIMUM SYSTEM SPECS:
  • CPU: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 1.8 GHz.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600.
  • Memory: at least 3GB of RAM
  • DirectX: Version 9.0c
  • Storage: 1GB of free storage
VIDEO: (Tried hard to find a video that isnt mega annoying, hope this counts)

Effectively, given the minimum requirements, you are looking at effectively an hypothetical PS360 era port in terms of system specs. Tencent made this so that players with lower end hardware can now play PUBG. Game is reported to run at 720p30 ish on Intel IGP hardware (HD 4000).

Blam

Really surprised at this. Not sure why it was needed but I can see actually tho this working perfectly in internet cafes.

petrus91

OP, emulator has been out for a good while right now, fortunately it matches up with people playing on the emulator itself.
If you try both versions they look completely different games like -MD- said, you can clearly tell that the game it's meant for mobile players.

Toe-Knee

Really surprised at this. Not sure why it was needed but I can see actually tho this working perfectly in internet cafes.

I imagine this is free to play like the mobile version. Maybe hoping to suck up some pc players from Fortnite that don't want to pay .

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
When are they porting the Tencent Gaming Buddy to mobile? I want to play my emulated mobile phone PC port on the go.

Redneckerz

I don't have the full game but surely this makes it pointless to buy when this version is free?
Whilst it does replicate the base experience of PUBG PC rather well, it does have a whole slew of other things, like auto opening and auto picking.
ERA has a nice rundown: https://www.resetera.com/posts/9556913/

• Arcade quick matches (battle royale on a very small circle, 30 players, super quick matches, random weapon limitations each round). This mode is a lot more fun than any event mode added to the PC version so far.
  • When splitting stacks of items the default split is half, which would be super convenient on the PC version as that's the split you want most of the time.
  • You see your ping at all times.
  • Picking up items is responsive. Press F 3 times results in 3 items being picked up, while in the PC version I can press F 3 times and the game randomly decides how many items it wants to pick up.
  • Parachuting is responsive and you don't randomly rubberband as you land.
  • You see detailed team stats at the end of a match.
  • Training ground.
  • Game automatically places a map icon for your vehicle whenever you leave it behind.
  • While they're too much of a pushover, I like the idea of having some bots fill in to make a match feel more lively.
  • On the lobby screen, you can see if people in your squad are disconnected or not.
  • In the lobby, you can do emotes and you can choose a favourite weapon for your character to hold.
  • A ton of progression systems with various rewards. They go completely overboard with this, but having some of it on the PC version would be nice.
  • There's more variation in cosmetic items.
  • There's dance emotes.
  • There's a customization system for the plane (player with highest battle pass rank gets their skin applied to plane and everyone sees it).
  • Every button the frontend is responsive.
  • I think I prefer the UI for the ingame map and managing items as it covers only a small part of the screen rather than being full-screen.
Ill be trying out the bolded soon.

Last edited:

Zoidbe

Neo Member
Whilst it does replicate the base experience of PUBG PC rather well, it does have a whole slew of other things, like auto opening and auto picking.
ERA has a nice rundown: https://www.resetera.com/posts/9556913/

Ill be trying out the bolded soon.

This list makes it seem like the mobile version is just better barring the graphics! I can attest to the enjoyability of the arcade modes, I have solely swapped to the mini-zone and 8 minute match variants as they are the same experience but without a lot of the waiting it seems a full match creates. You can also turn off a lot of those features in that ERA list in the options menu to make it more like the vanilla version. At this point I will be waiting for a significant sale before considering the full game purchase.

n0razi

This is old news... PC gamers with mouse/KB were emulating PUBG Mobile using Bluestacks and wrecking on true mobile players who were using touchscreen controls awhile back

Its not worth it IMHO because PUBG Mobile is filled with braindead AI bots to make you think you are good

Redneckerz

This list makes it seem like the mobile version is just better barring the graphics! I can attest to the enjoyability of the arcade modes, I have solely swapped to the mini-zone and 8 minute match variants as they are the same experience but without a lot of the waiting it seems a full match creates. You can also turn off a lot of those features in that ERA list in the options menu to make it more like the vanilla version. At this point I will be waiting for a significant sale before considering the full game purchase.
Yeah, i have yet to try it, but the fact it exists is a good one for a quick round of play. I often find myself stranded for time when doing a full fat match. (On mobile, that is).

This is old news... PC gamers with mouse/KB were emulating PUBG Mobile using Bluestacks and wrecking on true mobile players who were using touchscreen controls awhile back

Its not worth it IMHO because PUBG Mobile is filled with braindead AI bots to make you think you are good
This is the official emulator with a minimal Android system behind it. Those AI bots gradually get replaced by humans when you progress.
More importantly, it makes the game playable to last-gen hardware, which is impressive.

Top Bottom