• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick Adult Swim/Family Guy question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

He does Brian's voice, doesn't he? He was overdoing it intentionally though. Funny guy. BTW, the Broodwich episode of ATHF on right now. PEACE.

Pimpwerx said:
He does Brian's voice, doesn't he? He was overdoing it intentionally though. Funny guy. BTW, the Broodwich episode of ATHF on right now. PEACE.

Is that episode based on something? Seems familiar.

MIMIC

Banned
Mister Zimbu said:
Is that Seth Mcfarlane's real voice? It sounds EXACTLY like Brian and doesn't fit his body/face at all.

I was thinking the same thing, waiting for him to "tone it down" a bit. :)

what is the broodwich ATHF episode?

all i have seen is everything on vol 1, 2 and 1 episode that wasnt on those two volumes, where shake teams up with some rock band to record a song or something... cant remember it well, but it was REALLY weird.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
metsallica said:
That's his voice, all right. He has an amazing "radio voice" and plays Brian, Stewie, Peter and Quagmire on the show.
Holy crap, he plays all of those characters? That's damned impressive. Unlike Dan Castenella's various Simpsons voices or Billy West in Futurama, I never would've guessed that so many Family Guy characters were the same man.

Pimpwerx

Seth is the man. Creator and main voice of most of the characters. It's a good way to keep a job. ;)

As for the Broodwich, I think it's from "Season 3". That's the DVD I dloaded off BT and if there's a third season already, that must be where they plucked these eps from. I have Season 1, and will get Season 2 soon. If the Broodwich ep isn't on either, then it must be coming on Season 3. One of the funniest episodes IMO. PEACE.

Rlan

You would have thought Billy West did the voices of Philip J. Fry/Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth/Dr. Zoidberg/Zapp Brannigan/Leo Wong/Smitty/President Richard Nixon's Head?

Maurice LaMarche is my favourite voice actor though.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Rlan said:
You would have thought Billy West did the voices of Philip J. Fry/Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth/Dr. Zoidberg/Zapp Brannigan/Leo Wong/Smitty/President Richard Nixon's Head?

Maurice LaMarche is my favourite voice actor though.
I knew he did Fry, Farnsworth, Brannigan, and Wong for sure. Never knew about Nixon and Zoidberg, that's pretty impressive.

Still, Macfarlene's got him beat by a landslide in terms of starkly distinct voices for the characters.

LakeEarth

Yeah Billy West is amazing. In one episode, there is a character that has no body, is just a glowing green ball. It sounds like it's some weird computer generated voice, but it was actually entirely Billy West, no computer to it at all. I swear it sounds like 3 voices talking at once. Isn't he the new guy who does Bugs Bunny too?

Oh, Seth does TONS of characters. Aside from the one's mentioned, he also does Tom Tucker (news guy), and so many minor characters it's insane.

So it's

SETH - Peter Griffin/Brian Griffin/Stewie Griffin/Glen Quagmire/Tom Tucker/Additional Voices

VS.

Billy - Philip J. Fry/Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth/Dr. Zoidberg/Zapp Brannigan/Leo Wong/Smitty/President Richard Nixon's Head/Additional Voices

I think Billy wins, because he's done voices aside from Futurama. He's the new guy who does Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Tweety, all these people in Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius (Poultra/Girl Eating Plant/Oyster/Yokian Officer/Jailbreak Cop/Guard/Robobarber/Anchor Boy/Old Man Johnson/Flurp Announcer/Bobby's Twin Brother/Butch ) and he's fricken I-Ninja!

LakeEarth said:
Yeah Billy West is amazing. In one episode, there is a character that has no body, is just a glowing green ball. It sounds like it's some weird computer generated voice, but it was actually entirely Billy West, no computer to it at all. I swear it sounds like 3 voices talking at once. Isn't he the new guy who does Bugs Bunny too?

Oh, Seth does TONS of characters. Aside from the one's mentioned, he also does Tom Tucker (news guy), and so many minor characters it's insane.

So it's

SETH - Peter Griffin/Brian Griffin/Stewie Griffin/Glen Quagmire/Tom Tucker/Additional Voices

VS.

Billy - Philip J. Fry/Prof. Hubert J. Farnsworth/Dr. Zoidberg/Zapp Brannigan/Leo Wong/Smitty/President Richard Nixon's Head/Additional Voices

I think Billy wins, because he's done voices aside from Futurama. He's the new guy who does Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, Tweety, all these people in Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius (Poultra/Girl Eating Plant/Oyster/Yokian Officer/Jailbreak Cop/Guard/Robobarber/Anchor Boy/Old Man Johnson/Flurp Announcer/Bobby's Twin Brother/Butch ) and he's fricken I-Ninja!

You forgot Ren & Stimpy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom