• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six 3: BA maps question and where to the game Cheap?

aerofx

Now that school is over I'm getting ready to hop back on Live. I sold my copy of Rainbow Six 3 but want to get back into the action again and my question is about Rainbow Six 3 Black Arrow. For those who have played both, does Black Arrow come with all the cool maps that the R63 has? R63:BA have any improvement worth upgrading over R63?

Last question is for Wario, where can I get this game cheap? :lol

Only some of the maps have returned. Garage, Airport 1, Presidio, and one or two others I cannot think of. Not all of them though. The new maps are cool and all but its mostly the same Rainbow 3. The new multiplayer modes are interesting, but I just end up playing team elim like usual because its the lowest on the cheese factor (no spawn camping, etc.).

If you like Rainbow, you will probably love it. If you are kinda broke and debating whether to get this or something else, rent first and think it over. Personally, I prefer Rainbow 3 over BA, but that's nostalgia talking or something. I just kinda like all the maps better, the music, etc. The new version has this kinda cheesy metal guitar version of the Rainbow 3 theme. I don't like it and I'm even a huge metal fan.

epmode

Uno Ill Nino said:
If you like Rainbow, you will probably love it. If you are kinda broke and debating whether to get this or something else, rent first and think it over. Personally, I prefer Rainbow 3 over BA, but that's nostalgia talking or something.
Not nostalgia, it's a better game. Black Arrow was a buggy mess (subsequent patches may have helped, I never bothered to find out,) and the maps certainly weren't anywhere near as good. Even the returning maps were ruined by the slight layout alterations. Presidio 4 lyfe.

aerofx

Oh yeah can't debate that. Presideo is one of my favorites. If it's less buggy, hardly any improvement then I guess I can just pick up the regular one. I was thinking that maybe they tweaked and maybe added some weapons or something. Anyway, I'll probably be looking for R63 somewhere for cheap. All I know is that Lockdown better rule.

I wonder where Ramirez is. Usually he'd pounce on any opportunity to say that my game sucks compared to his crap Wolfenstein. :lol

Top Bottom