• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

MasterCornholio MasterCornholio this what you play on the radio after fixing a peanut butter and speed sandwich

Beavis And Butthead 90S Tv GIF

warped tour fuck this place GIF by GWAR

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Had a really good one, but then deleted it because it stepped into political territory and I didn't want a ban.

So how about this one. I think North Wales is one of the most beautiful places I've even been to on this planet. Stunning.

Kev Kev

"Let me tell you something, Mark. You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its... stupidity. Even your Buddha and your Christ had quite a different vision, but nobody's paid much attention to them, not even the Buddhists or the Christians."

Do you think there is such a thing as your calling? Are you doing what you are meant to do? Sometimes I feel like I was meant to do something else. It's weird. I can't explain it.

I think folks are gifted in different ways.

I believe it was Einstein who said something along the lines of "If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will forever believe itself stupid" or some paraphrasing.

I know for a fact I can't draw worth a shit, but I am good at seeing how things "should" look in my head and describing them. I work in technology infrastructure and map out different builds/systems daily... but ask me to draw them and you'd think I was a 5yr old. Conversely my wife is a fantastic artist and can draw what I see in my head, but she lacks the ability to envision certain designs or layouts without seeing a rough concept on paper. It's weird.

Why don't simps and pick me girls end up together more often?

Everything simps do is for female approval, and everything pick me girls do is for male approval. You'd think they'd be perfect for each other.

Kev Kev

Why don't simps and pick me girls end up together more often?

Everything simps do is for female approval, and everything pick me girls do is for male approval. You'd think they'd be perfect for each other.
What’s a simp? And what’s a pick me girl?

Kev Kev

Just heard a story about a kid who has Tourette’s and his tick is a clicking sound he does with his mouth. His family started doing the mouth sounds with him whenever he has an attack, and apparently the kid finds this to be hilarious so he starts laughing uncontrollably. And that actually helps him to stop doing his tick. So his family will do his tick with him to help relieve him of his symptoms.

and I just thought that was really sweet and had to tell someone

Star-Lord

I thought I'd picked up my usual ham and cheese sandwich for lunch, but I'd picked up cheese and pickle. I was sad for a while but, for some daft reason, I started to laugh uncontrollably at the word 'pickle' which isn't even a silly-sounding word. Then people in the office started to stare which made me nervous which, in turn, made me laugh even more and even harder. And now I'm sat in the toilets hating myself but laughing too. Garfield may hate Mondays, but I fucking hate Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and any other day ending with a Y.

Tschumi

I think there must be tiers to Paralympic Sports, degrees of impairment, i guess that's why they have names like "K-N2 Taekwondo"" or whatever (total guess lol), I'd like to know more but i get so damn emotional with empathy and awe at disabled people in even the most everyday of circumstances that I'm legit scared to look further into it.

Tschumi

Just heard a story about a kid who has Tourette’s and his tick is a clicking sound he does with his mouth. His family started doing the mouth sounds with him whenever he has an attack, and apparently the kid finds this to be hilarious so he starts laughing uncontrollably. And that actually helps him to stop doing his tick. So his family will do his tick with him to help relieve him of his symptoms.

and I just thought that was really sweet and had to tell someone
When i was a kid, i think i had circulation problems (a long, long time after this story i developed a non-life threatening inherited heart condition which has since been fixed), anyway my fingers were always tingling and the back of my throat constantly felt like wind was gently disturbing it.. so yeah i was almost constantly doing clicks or harumpfs just to stave off the feeling.

Regrettably, my family just thought it was alarming and annoying and just told me to please stfu lol... we all make mistakes.

They're with the Lord, now.

creepy full metal jacket GIF

Tschumi

About an hour ago i heard that perhaps my wife and my closest friends in Japan just had a baby... Impossibly, criminally cute ... Then 10 minutes ago i just learned my brother in upstate New York is in hospital with my sister in law in labour!

What a fucking day...!

Wish my brother luck, compadres!

We don't know the gender, I'm betting on a girl!

... It was a boy. He's got long limbs I think he's gonna be a tall one, by our family's standards! My bro's about 6ft4 (I'm an even 6ft after falling out of a tree as a 9 year old, I like to think) so there's precedence...

Last edited:

Tschumi

Every time i click a link from google search it opens in a new tab for the link and the previous tab goes to ru.temposearch, some russian web browser

it's freaking me out

anyone know about this?

Star-Lord

Every time i click a link from google search it opens in a new tab for the link and the previous tab goes to ru.temposearch, some russian web browser

it's freaking me out

anyone know about this?
It means you pissed Putin off at some point, and now he’s spying on your hentai habits.

Star-Lord

chrome on windows :) <3

EDIT: google search gives me nothing, windows defender finds nothing, ehh
I was going to suggest running a search for malware, but you beat me to it. What exactly are you Googling (if you don’t mind me asking) and what is the link you’re clicking?

Tschumi

I was going to suggest running a search for malware, but you beat me to it. What exactly are you Googling (if you don’t mind me asking) and what is the link you’re clicking?
googling anything sets it off... imagine google searching, like, 'golf'.. you select the first link (pga) i guess, then a new tab opens... then u notice the old tab searches for a moment then a search engine called 'ru.temposearch' is now on that tab with the same search terms are ur google search...

how about i just do a screenshot...
google search> 'apples' > went to a random link (apple inc) > old tab Temposearch with a weird mastercard-like icon

qvBGjbi.jpg

Star-Lord

googling anything sets it off... imagine google searching, like, 'golf'.. you select the first link (pga) i guess, then a new tab opens... then u notice the old tab searches for a moment then a search engine called 'ru.temposearch' is now on that tab with the same search terms are ur google search...

how about i just do a screenshot...
google search> 'apples' > went to a random link (apple inc) > old tab Temposearch with a weird mastercard-like icon

qvBGjbi.jpg
I tried Googling it myself just to see if I could find anything, but all the results say it’s a browser hijack, which is why nothing was picked up by Windows Defender. One result linked to this forum post, which refers to a member suffering the same problem. It was resolved by downloading a browser reset. I’ve not downloaded it myself (on iOS) but the member said it works. Could be worth a go?

Tschumi

I tried Googling it myself just to see if I could find anything, but all the results say it’s a browser hijack, which is why nothing was picked up by Windows Defender. One result linked to this forum post, which refers to a member suffering the same problem. It was resolved by downloading a browser reset. I’ve not downloaded it myself (on iOS) but the member said it works. Could be worth a go?
Kevin Durant Mvp GIF by NBA

i didn't go trawling through those results, i appreciate ur efforts

okay download browser reset... i will google this

Kev Kev

found this bizzarre spotify account that posts like 15-30 second clips from the show bojack horseman. i feel like im the only person int he world who's given this clicks. but still, every couple months the user will upload some more.

sometimes they are ones he's already uploaded but with different music added or some other scene spliced in, sometimes they are edited up from different parts through out the series, and sometimes they are just straight ripped right form the show with no editing at all.

but there is a common theme: they are mostly all the emotional, sad, melancholic, sometimes despairing parts of the show. the scenes that really hit the hardest, especially in context. but even out of context you get the idea.

here are a few...

Last edited:

Tschumi

T-SHIRT CAPTION IDEA:
Licensed eye-contact distributor, 1.2 seconds of mutual regard to boost your self confidence.*
*you are advised to hide 80% of your face with a mask and a fringe to increase chances of being deemed eligible for this treatment
Ben Mckenzie Job GIF by Gotham

Last edited:

Star-Lord

Why is being drunk called drunk? Like, we drink throughout the day, so if we’re going by the English language, aren’t we drunk all the time? Why’s it only classed as drunk if you’ve only drunk alcohol?

T8SC

Why is being drunk called drunk? Like, we drink throughout the day, so if we’re going by the English language, aren’t we drunk all the time? Why’s it only classed as drunk if you’ve only drunk alcohol?

You can be drunk on anything, people often say "Drunk on life", "Drunk on Power" or "Drunk on Love".

It's not just reserved for alcohol, this is just what people associate it with the most.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
fat, carbs and protein are your macronutrients. you can have a macronutrient combo of high/moderate/low carb, high/moderate/low fat, high/moderate/low protein. when I need to move or load up on energy for later I feel like moderate carb, high/moderate fat and low protein is decent combo and doable. when I don't need to move and can sit and think then probably moderate/low carb, moderate/low fat and moderate protein is probably a decent combo. those are the combos i been playing with when i switch back and forth from cardio mode to video game mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom