• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

Pejo

Why not go back in time to some feel-good Japanese city pop? If it's new to you, it might as well be new.

Just wanted to say you sent me down quite a rabbit hole with this. I had heard Plastic Love before this, but didn't know there was a whole subgenre. Good stuff, thanks for the recommendation.

Just wanted to say you sent me down quite a rabbit hole with this. I had heard Plastic Love before this, but didn't know there was a whole subgenre. Good stuff, thanks for the recommendation.
Right? It's such a fully-formed, unique, upbeat genre that I hadn't heard before. Glad you like it!

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Tress MacNeille must be the most proficient voice actress. So many notable roles.

season 16 episode 20 GIF

TDiddyLive

Is the color green (or any color) as i perceive it the same as for everyone else?
I’ve had this thought as well.
No, there's different types of colour blindness.
oM3oGKO.jpg
Not really what I’m guess he’s saying. More like on normal vision you have green on the bottom. But what I perceive as green, if you saw it through my eyes you would perceive as blue. But if we are both presented the same chart we both say that bottom center sliver is green. And it would be like that for all colors.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I’ve had this thought as well.

Not really what I’m guess he’s saying. More like on normal vision you have green on the bottom. But what I perceive as green, if you saw it through my eyes you would perceive as blue. But if we are both presented the same chart we both say that bottom center sliver is green. And it would be like that for all colors.
I'm legally blind one eye and colours are definitely not the same for both eyes.

GeekyDad

Man, when I go into the Gaming forum these days, I mostly just use the ignore-topic function and head back into the Off-Topic forum. Why should I give a flying fuck about some random voice actor who got arrested for...whatever, or who's buying out who?

Banned
Is the color green (or any color) as i perceive it the same as for everyone else?

there is evidence that suggests no. there is a tribe in africa that differentiate color by how bright they are not by the hue, and they have a really hard time to pick out a different hue from a sample of dots where 1 is a different hue.

yet, they have multiple words and definitions for different saturations and brightness steps for the color blue or green, and they instantly can see the differently saturated green dot in a sea of green dots, even if the difference is tiny, and just slightly borders into their different word for that specific green

what that could mean is that our perception of color could be influenced highly by our language and in what environment we grow up in

color17ukvs.png

color2ymjho.png

of course this is not 100% proving it, and we most likely will never know since it's basically impossible to describe your perception of color in an objective way, so my red might look like your green,

what looks like this to you
color3aeksa.png

could look like this to me
color4s8ka7.png

and there is no way to tell... since for both of us we call the same colors the same names, so green for me is also green for you, you just see it differently to me, we would never have a way to actually communicate that difference to one another

Banned
Imagine having to live in a world that looks like this 😬

well for you that would be normal, you would think the other one looks weird. in the end colors do not exist, they are just different wavelengths of light that our brain maps out in a spectrum to which it translates them to.
that is especially true for the color purple btw, which doesn't exist even as a wavelength, purple is just a way for our brain to fill a gap

Kamina

Golden Boy
well for you that would be normal, you would think the other one looks weird. in the end colors do not exist, they are just different wavelengths of light that our brain maps out in a spectrum to which it translates them to.
that is especially true for the color purple btw, which doesn't exist even as a wavelength, purple is just a way for our brain to fill a gap
Don’t you mean violet though?
Edit: wrong on my part

Last edited:

Banned
Don’t you mean violet though?

no violet exists, purple doesn't, violet is basically the outer edge of blue. purple is a way for our brain to bridge the gap between violet and red.
the color wheel we have here for example:
Color-Wheel-Basics-Full-RYB-color-wheel.jpg

that is not how light works. in reality light wavelength would be laid out in a straight line, and right where blue goes into violet it exits our percievable spectrum. the same is true on the other end when we go too far into the red.

R.f36f6d7a01230e947b105e53bedf9ad3

hence the terms infrared and ultraviolet. this gap gets filled in by our brain when mixing certain colors, and this is why we can map out the way we see color in a wheel that smootly transitions from violet into red, which in the material world makes no real sense

Last edited:

Kamina

Golden Boy
no violet exists, purple doesn't. purple is a way for our brain to bridge the gap between violet and red.
the color wheel we have here for example:
Color-Wheel-Basics-Full-RYB-color-wheel.jpg

that is not how light works. in reality light wavelength would be laid out in a straight line, and righe where blue goes into violet it exists our percievable spectrum. the same is true on the other end when we go too far into the red.

hence the terms infrared and ultraviolet. this gap gets filled in by our brain when mixing certain colors
Yeah never mind, googled it before and also found that i had them mixed up.

Last edited:

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Man, when I go into the Gaming forum these days, I mostly just use the ignore-topic function and head back into the Off-Topic forum. Why should I give a flying fuck about some random voice actor who got arrested for...whatever, or who's buying out who?
I never got hollywood drama.
God, I love cereal!
Too bad I'm a cereal killer. Lucky Charms, fuck that, diabeetus is not lucky.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
Really today's dilemna. I asked for 46 size shoes in a Toronto store. They didn't know what a 46 shoe size was. Like WTH? Then I asked and Ontario uses US sizes instead of EU ones.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I feel like my mother is an ignorant narcissist. Not only did she not come to my wedding, but she called my family a bunch of monsters. This lady was fired from being a secretary and never tried to get back on her feet. She was thrown down the stairs, locked in a closet, lived in a women’s shelter, and then went back to live with the person who did it to her because her car broke down and she had no one else to call. My mother is also someone who told me segregation never existed until I had her dial my grandfather, who was just as surprised as I was. I’ve already had therapy over this years ago. I’m just trying to comprehend why my last remaining parent comes off as such a moron. This isn’t an excuse to be disrespectful to your parents.

When I called her to tell her I was getting married, her response was, “what about me?”. When I told her my son was born. She told me I’d just hide him from her. She recently apologized for not being there for me as a teenager because she left the house when I was turning 13. She wasn’t a good mother for me because she wasn’t there. She treated me like her spouse. It took me months of therapy to figure all that out.

GeekyDad

I never got hollywood drama.

Too bad I'm a cereal killer. Lucky Charms, fuck that, diabeetus is not lucky.
Ew! No, not that kinda shit. I have a cereal trio I eat. It's the Kashi Very Berry biscuits with Cascadian Farms Oats & Honey and the Cascadian Farms blueberry & vanilla (no sugar added). I mix the three cereals together in a bowl with Silk almond milk. I eat like it's a fucking cereal buffet. In all seriousness, though, I do kinda overdo it sometimes on my days off, like yesterday. :(

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Still on-call dealing with problems in the middle of the night

My vibe:

Taste it

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'm not huge on collectibles, but ever since buying my huge The Mandalorian and Child set I keep finding myself browsing Sideshow. They have such cool stuff. Thankfully I really don't have any more shelving space so I can't buy any of it. But still, nice to look at.

Top Bottom