• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Random thoughts.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think it would be wild if, at some point, there became a trend where good news became popular, and news sites were hunting down good news to report on. That would be crazy.

Remember John Krasinski's Some Good News? People went wild over it, then some media company bought the rights to it, and it vanished. But it seemed like for a few weeks we almost got there.

GeekyDad

Remember John Krasinski's Some Good News? People went wild over it, then some media company bought the rights to it, and it vanished. But it seemed like for a few weeks we almost got there.
No, wasn't familiar with it, but I'm checking out the first ep right now.

Mistake

I usually refill my phone once a month. I went to check my account and it didn’t work. Texted the number and got this
KplSpmo.jpg

I am thoroughly confused. Everything works fine though!

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I bet Tom Nook has his own private little island with whores, cocaïne and child labor with all the money he's been extorting me.
Over 300,000$ (Sorry I mean BELLS) to add ONE room to my house?

I want to stage a coup where we decapitate him in public and hold a ceremony.

Exploring Yakuza's map has really made me want to visit Japan some day.

It got me looking at pictures/videos of places there in real life, and it's definitely somewhere I'd love to be able to visit. Been just looking at street view the past couple of days.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Watching Tokyo Vice.... I should have done what I wanted when I got out of college and made a go at living in Japan. Tokyo looks so fucking cool, so multifaceted, a true metropolis with unique character. All of the big cities here in the US are just gawdy and too new and filthy.

GeekyDad

I think I'm having a baconover... We don't usually eat shit food, but once a year for my birthday my wife treats me to pizza. They have one there called the Mighty Meaty. Shit lasted me two days. Woke up just now with a splitting fucking headache.

Outlier

I tried calling my Mom in the morning, but she didn't answer or call back. She thanked me (text) for calling for mothers day. I tried calling again around 11pm, but still no answer.

She lives with my older brother and I'm starting to think maybe some bad news has befallen them. Maybe she was just not in a good mood.

Last edited:

GeekyDad

I tried calling my Mom in the morning, but she didn't answer or call back. She thanked me (text) for calling for mothers day. I tried calling again around 11pm, but still no answer.

She lives with my older brother and I'm starting to think maybe some bad news has befallen them. Maybe she was just not in a good mood.
I'll speak from the perspective of someone who works a full work week and is 51 with a wife and three grown children...she might be tired and not in the mood for a long, drawn out conversation that requires emotion.

Outlier

I'll speak from the perspective of someone who works a full work week and is 51 with a wife and three grown children...she might be tired and not in the mood for a long, drawn out conversation that requires emotion.
Yeah that crossed my mind, as well. There's nothing new happening with me, so nothing to update for her and maybe nothing has changed for them either, but we only talk once every few months, so it made my thoughts run.

GeekyDad

Yeah that crossed my mind, as well. There's nothing new happening with me, so nothing to update for her and maybe nothing has changed for them either, but we only talk once every few months, so it made my thoughts run.
Yeah, my closest brother wants to hang with me all the time, and my sister called me on my birthday the other day. I love them both dearly, but I'm usually so mentally and emotionally exhausted, I find ways to kindly "not be available." I just don't want to give them scraps when they deserve so much more from me. So, it's easier for me to just wait for the right time.

Now that VPNs have garunteed a path back to the old school internet, why is the old school internet still a thing of the past? Has the requirement for mobile phone verification on sites, led to a safety net from VPNs? If so, why don't forums like Reddit follow that route? Is it succesful or not?

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
When you wonder no beer comes out and then you realise you haven't opened it yet

Shame Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Been there. I keep most of liquor in a cabinet with the pouring thingamabobs inserted, but sometimes I have more bottles than pourers and leave some with the caps on. After a few particularly rough days of work I've gone to pour a drink and wondered a moment why no liquid is coming out.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Been there. I keep most of liquor in a cabinet with the pouring thingamabobs inserted, but sometimes I have more bottles than pourers and leave some with the caps on. After a few particularly rough days of work I've gone to pour a drink and wondered a moment why no liquid is coming out.

Because those got the caps still on? Sorry my mind is slow lately

Pejo

How much Omega 3 fatty acids are you guys eating/taking each day? I got some supplements and was kinda shocked with how much they expect you to down in a day, compared to how much I usually ate in a day (mostly zero).

Jennings

Well this one takes the cake. Police dude faps in front of domestic violence victims.

The alleged incident happened on April 21. According to the DA's office, Dominguez and two other officers had responded to a home on a call that a mentally ill family member was being violent. Dominguez sent the other officers away to locate the subject and shortly after he touched himself in front of two female family members, the DA's office said.

Afterward, Dominguez allegedly exposed himself to the mother, and the victims then reported his behavior to two other male relatives nearby - one of whom witnessed part of the incident.

Police sources told KPIX 5 that when Dominguez was later questioned, he had no recollection of the incident.

GeekyDad

Don't think seeing the signs is the same as knowing what they mean. And I pray I am given the time and strength of patience to be able to ponder them for the required time to know their meaning and act on them correctly.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
cooking eggs fucking pisses me off. i like cooking but i hate making eggs. well, scrambled egg isn't bad but fried eggs or boiled. boiled eggs take too damn long and then you gotta stand about peeling the shell. i can devour boiled eggs like a fucking animal so it feels like i'm spending forever cooking and preparing the eggs and then they are fucking gone! so i make a shit load of eggs but then you're spending way more time peeling the shells! apparently too many eggs are bad. maybe when you fart yeah it's nasty but i don't see how they are bad. maybe all that yolk but i'd only eat a little of it and eat all the white. god i love boiled eggs but cooking them is a pain. every time i'm at the supermarket i buy pre cooked/peeled boiled eggs.

as for fried eggs... i don't know what the hell is going on but i always burst the yolk when trying to flip them. so the yolk ends up going everywhere and it enrages me! it's meant to be so simple but i can't do it.

scrambled eggs i used to hate making. i would do them in a pot and i HATE scrambled eggs with a lot of milk juice. i like my scrambled eggs thick and dry. now i just do them in the microwave and they are perfect! also much quicker and less tidying up!

my new favourite meal is ramen with scrambled eggs. i'm going to need to stock up on more ramen and eggs. i could eat that shit all the time. so good.

my egg rant is over thanks.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I forgot how awesome Sherlock Holmes was. Like a Victorian age super hero before his time. Every time I revisit Doyle's Holmes I become hopelessly lost in it all over again. Even though I know the outcome to every mystery.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Tried to play Hearthstone again. Good lord this game is fifteen trillion percent for whales now. I mean dear god I have never seen a game so flagrantly pay to win.

And even worse the lower ranks are filled with bots. So 30% of you matches are just sitting there watching bots do nothing.

Last edited:

Artoris

Gold Member
cooking eggs fucking pisses me off. i like cooking but i hate making eggs. well, scrambled egg isn't bad but fried eggs or boiled. boiled eggs take too damn long and then you gotta stand about peeling the shell. i can devour boiled eggs like a fucking animal so it feels like i'm spending forever cooking and preparing the eggs and then they are fucking gone! so i make a shit load of eggs but then you're spending way more time peeling the shells! apparently too many eggs are bad. maybe when you fart yeah it's nasty but i don't see how they are bad. maybe all that yolk but i'd only eat a little of it and eat all the white. god i love boiled eggs but cooking them is a pain. every time i'm at the supermarket i buy pre cooked/peeled boiled eggs.

as for fried eggs... i don't know what the hell is going on but i always burst the yolk when trying to flip them. so the yolk ends up going everywhere and it enrages me! it's meant to be so simple but i can't do it.

scrambled eggs i used to hate making. i would do them in a pot and i HATE scrambled eggs with a lot of milk juice. i like my scrambled eggs thick and dry. now i just do them in the microwave and they are perfect! also much quicker and less tidying up!

my new favourite meal is ramen with scrambled eggs. i'm going to need to stock up on more ramen and eggs. i could eat that shit all the time. so good.

my egg rant is over thanks.
You can fry one side of the egg and then put the pan under the grill to grill the other side

GeekyDad

A zebra probably can't change its stripes. But maybe there are things out there he/she can blend in with, so as to go unnoticed. But those creatures sure do stand out, and black and white stripes don't really match up with much in a desert.

Last edited:
I had a really bizarre dream last night where I was employed to help cats climb.

Now, first point is I'm a dog person so THAT'S weird.

Secondly, at the end of the dream I spoke to a guy who said he was a representative of God and assured me that when you die, the sensation is a prolonged ejaculation. Now, that has calmed me and put me at ease.

Now THAT'S random!

Zeroing

Banned
I had a really bizarre dream last night where I was employed to help cats climb.

Now, first point is I'm a dog person so THAT'S weird.

Secondly, at the end of the dream I spoke to a guy who said he was a representative of God and assured me that when you die, the sensation is a prolonged ejaculation. Now, that has calmed me and put me at ease.

Now THAT'S random!
Let me check my book on the meaning of dreams…

Ok you need pussy/sex

Zeroing

Banned
A zebra probably can't change its stripes. But maybe there are things out there he/she can blend in with, so as to go unnoticed. But those creatures sure do stand out, and black and white stripes don't really match up with much in a desert.
It’s has been proven the stripes are actually to prevent flies to bite them! The other animals get bitten more than zebras! When flies go to land they get confused by the stripes and fail to land!

GeekyDad

It’s has been proven the stripes are actually to prevent flies to bite them! The other animals get bitten more than zebras! When flies go to land they get confused by the stripes and fail to land!
Interesting stuff. I didn't know that.

I'm guessing that works less with Lions and other predators.

Mossybrew

Like, I knew about the Magnetosphere and thought that was pretty cool. Then lately I'm hit with the Heliosphere? And I'm like WUT, yeah that tracks. Always more to learn.

Top Bottom