• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends delayed to Q1 2013 worldwide

BY2K

Membero Americo
UPDATE: The delay is confirmed and is worldwide: http://www.videogamer.com/wiiu/rayman_legends/news/confirmed_rayman_legends_delayed_to_q1_2013.html

"Rayman Legends will launch worldwide in the first quarter of 2013," Ubisoft said in a statement to VideoGamer.com.

"We're happy that fans are excited about the game, and we are taking the time to make sure we deliver a game that lives up to and hopefully exceeds their expectations. We'll have more details to share soon."

Prior to the delay, Rayman Legends had been due to release on Wii U alongside the console on November 30.

Bash if old.

http://gimmegimmegames.com/2012/10/rumor-rayman-legends-delayed-in-europe-til-q1-2013/

Uh oh. Rayman Legends has been said to be a lock for Wii U launch in Europe on November 30. It is suppose to be coming out in America on December 4 if some retailer listings are to be believed. And now the plot thickens! Nintendo in the UK is also listing Q1 2013 for the game.

But it may have just gotten “launch windowed” if you catch my drift. Nintendo of Germany’s listing for Rayman Legends doesn’t say launch anymore, it now says Quarter 1 2013.

This site lists it as rumour, but this Belgian website says Ubisoft has confirmed the info:

http://u.4gamers.be/nieuws/20169/1/Bevestigd-Rayman-Legends-verschuift-naar-2013

Ubisoft heeft bevestigd dat Rayman Legends naar het eerste kwartaal van 2013 zal verschuiven. Men wil namelijk zeker zijn dat het spel volledig is gericht op de Wii U-console en dat het spel volledig klaar is. Men gaat dus nog wat polijstwerk doorvoeren vooraleer de gemiddelde gamer weer met onze ledemaatloze vriend kan spelen.

I'm gonna leave it as rumour until we get more confirmation.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Sad news if true, but at least this will give the game a chance to step outside of Mario's shadow.

DSc

BY2K

Membero Americo
Oh wow, the delay is worldwide?

That sucks.

Also, what's the word for saying something is from Belgium? I can't put my finger on it. :/

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, the delay is worldwide?

That sucks.

Also, what's the word saying something is from Belgium? I can't put my finger on it. :/

Superior.

Belgian

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Welp. Not even sure if I should keep my Wii U pre-order now. Kinda burnt out of NSMB after NSMB2 just released. Nothing else on the list interests me. :(

Disappointing, but not massively surprising. Moves it out of the path of the NSMB juggernaut, and nicely fills the Q1 2013 lineup a bit.

Launch has lost one of its brightest games, though.

Mario was going to delay my purchase of it anyway, probably a lot of other people too.

Hopefully it can get better media attention releasing outside of the initial launch dump.

I'm actually glad about this. For one it will give the game a better chance to sell instead of being slaughtered in the holiday season by NSMBU and all the other titles, and it will help my wallet to not commit suicide this November.

watkinzez

The same studio (Ubi Montpellier) putting out two games at launch seemed a bit ambitious. Oh well, guess I can wait a bit for a Wii U!

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Shit! Right after I put down some cash towards a Wii U. Not a disaster, but disappointing. Will have to learn some patience.

And yeah, one less title to make me broke towards Christmas.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Basically they did not want to go up against Mario this holiday season.

Don't blame them honestly.

I'm actually glad about this. For one it will give the game a better chance to sell instead of being slaughtered in the holiday season by NSMBU and all the other titles, and it will help my wallet to not commit suicide this November.

this

was going to pass on it for this reason alone but now when it comes later my pockets may be ready

Tenki

Sad news, but this way Rayman is going to have a chance of selling well. Launching along with Mario would've been hard.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Could it be that they're delaying this in order to fully integrate Miiverse and NFC functionality?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Basically they did not want to go up against Mario this holiday season.

Don't blame them honestly.

Yep, I'll buy it when available, hopefully not so after January.
At launch I'll go with Land (bundle) and Zombi (retail) and Trine and Nano assault for DD, and probably I'll buy Mario and a couple of multiplatform (plus another DD) in December, within Christmas.

Xav

Rayman Legends was the single reason I even pre-ordered a Wii U. Now I have to settle for that GameBoy Advance game instead. I played Rayman Legends at the Eurogamer Expo last month, it was utterly fantastic. Very sad to hear this but if it makes for a better game then by all means go ahead.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
It could be related, in part, to the unavailability of the NFC currently for developers in SDK (along with other Wii U functions). Consider this a new info, we have heard that launch titles won't have this feature, but not that it was literally not available yet to studios in the software development kits.

They presented to Nintendo some possible applications in the leaked video of a few months ago that was for internal purposes, but it was just a mock-up/"vision" of what to expect, nothing real. So (all speculation here) maybe the designers really want to integrate this function so it could be a reason for the delay

Top Bottom