• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RaySpace, brand new FPS by SonyJapan possibly leaked in their careers page

v_iHuGi

Banned
I only said I'm not interested in FPS games on a console. Never have I said they should create a game that I want, and I never will. No need to attack me on not being interested.

If you even think about reacting something in the likes of "then why do you even comment, lol?" Then my question would be: Why am I only allowed to say something positive if I want to comment my thoughts on any rumor?

If you are excited for this, then that's totally fine. Doesn't mean that I have to be.

Forgot to add: Might be great to see it on PC.

Not excited in FPS apart from BF6 because their amazing online on BF4/1.

The rumors around this project have slowly but surely started to pick up. Depending on who you talk to... 2021 seems to be the show-off date. I just hope it's not another Silent Hill rumor mill situation. The project definitely exist or existed. I don't think it's a traditional shooter as some expect - lets leave it at that.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
Oh fuck, an FPS...I don't like these much, but maybe it'll be different enough from the standard FPS that it'll be worthwhile to play? I don't know, outside of RE7, all of these FPS all look and play the same to me. :/

Miles708

Maybe it'll be some kind of first person adventure/rpg?
I really hope it's not an fps... every interesting setting is wasted in this genre.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No interest in the game either way but that clearly looks like a PSVR 2 game in my opinion.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
My name is Space.... Raymond Space
Ray Tracer is infinitely more badass.

Just look at this chad:

Ray_characterpage.png

The shooting in Breakdown is fucking awful. Some of the worst from that generation.
Honestly, I vaguely remember the shooting in the game, but the meele combat was quite good if I remember correctly though. I don’t remember disliking the shooting or anything, but my standards could of been a little different back then.

Last edited:
RE7 is not FPS, it’s survival horror game.
It is survival horror, but it’s in first person and you use long ranged weapons in it that involves shooting. It’s not as intense or fast paced as a typical FPS, but I don’t see why it couldn’t be considered a FPS/survival horror hybrid.

Woman7

Banned
I'm pretty sure the guy was asking for Japanese FPS. First Person Shooters. I don't think a single game listed there meets that requirement. Even Vanquish is 3rd person.

Skyrim is not an RPG because of the FP perspective. Changing the genre because the camera is different. A shite argument.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Skyrim is not an RPG because of the FP perspective. Changing the genre because the camera is different. A shite argument.
Ok Bob. You're right. First Person Shooter are every bit the same as 3rd person shooters. There are no strategic differences, FOV preferences, etc. The fact is though...that Japan Studio may be making A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Try to stay on topic here.

Woman7

Banned
Ok Bob. You're right. First Person Shooter are every bit the same as 3rd person shooters. There are no strategic differences, FOV preferences, etc. The fact is though...that Japan Studio may be making A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Try to stay on topic here.

Whatever. There are loads of good shooters from Japan. This one may have a different pov. Wow.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Whatever. There are loads of good shooters from Japan. This one may have a different pov. Wow.
I give up. Imagine Ikaruga being classed as a shooter. It's called a SHMUP "Shoot em up" and though the word "shoot" is in the title of the genre it does not make it a shooter.

Top Bottom