• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Record Canadian Arctic Cold set to effect Eastern U.S. this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ld-poised-to-invade-eastern-u-s-this-weekend/

The Washington Post said:
In recent days, some of the coldest March air in decades has gripped portions of Alaska and the Canadian Arctic. Fragments of that frigid air will come crashing into the eastern United States on Friday and into the weekend.

The air spilling into the Great Lakes, Northeast and Mid-Atlantic may not fall to record levels, but it could bring the coldest weather to parts of the region since January.

Its pedigree is impressive.

On Saturday, Mould Bay in the Canadian Arctic set an all-time record low of minus-66.5 degrees (minus-54.7 Celsius).

Then on Monday, Fairbanks, Alaska, saw its temperature plummet to minus-38, the coldest temperature this late in the season since 1964, according to climatologist Brian Brettschneider.

This area of the US had recently experienced warm temperatures in February, and flowers were beginning to bloom. Winter won't let go.

antonz

Flowering as early as it has happened in some areas is a big problem.. The fact Spring like effects have already happened is a problem because this Coldwave could screw up a lot of flowering plants.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
And once again it won't make it to FL.

I miss the small Winter we normally have.

Zekes!

I live in Victoria (which is a ferry ride from Vancouver) and we have the mildest weather in Canada. It snowed for like a day last week, and briefly snowed the other day. It never snows this late here. It barely snows during the winter normally. It's crazy.

Hyoukokun

Oh god, I'm running a 5K on Sunday (Craicfest). Guess I'd best dig out my colder weather running gear, such as it is. It was 72 and sunny here a week or two ago...

I'm going to Shamrock Fest in DC on Saturday at RFK with my girlfriend. The high is supposed be like 38 or 40. Fuckkkkkk it's going to be cold.

Fat4all

Banned
better keep warm

bRU034b.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom