• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 Tops 50 Million in Sales

Acidjuice

Neo Member
And dead read dead online.
my favorite part about rdr2 was that you couldnt be a cowboy at all until the game allowed you to for a few brief periods. It really feels like the focus of rdr2 was RDO and most of the development was catered toward making it a massive cash grab like GTAV online, but it wasnt nearly as popular so they just kinda left it alone with nothing. the story was bad though, fight me all you want.

GooseMan69

I don’t give a shit if they charge me again to play it at 60 fps. Just give it to me already.

Greatest game ever made.

Last edited:

wvnative

And dead read dead online.
this will baffle some.

But red dead online is my favorite online game ever, it's abandonment dealt a serious blow to my enthusiasm for multiplayer gaming. The one game that wasn't a fucking looter shooter or hero shooter, and it improved a lot of core aspects of GTA online.

Even if it didn't make money, I cannot fathom how this top selling game of all time didn't get a fucking next gen upgrade for single player.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Give 60fps and i will buy it again for 10 bucks like they did with GTA V PS5 version.
Me Too Samesies GIF

Kerotan

my favorite part about rdr2 was that you couldnt be a cowboy at all until the game allowed you to for a few brief periods. It really feels like the focus of rdr2 was RDO and most of the development was catered toward making it a massive cash grab like GTAV online, but it wasnt nearly as popular so they just kinda left it alone with nothing. the story was bad though, fight me all you want.
Stop the cap. R* could have made billions off RDR2 if they supported it. But the game was broken as the hardware and server's couldn't run it smoothly online with lot's of players in the same Lobby..

So instead of waiting to launch a next Gen version and resuming online dlcs they just left it to die and fully focused on GTA 6.

If they were a well run company they'd have created a separate smaller studio to port the and support it with at least 2 expansions a year if not 3/4. About the size of the average expansion GTA V gets.

And the same goes for GTA V. They should have expanded the online team to bring out bigger expansions at least 3 times a year.

But I guess they make so much already they don't care about making a few billion more.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Stop the cap. R* could have made billions off RDR2 if they supported it. But the game was broken as the hardware and server's couldn't run it smoothly online with lot's of players in the same Lobby..

So instead of waiting to launch a next Gen version and resuming online dlcs they just left it to die and fully focused on GTA 6.

If they were a well run company they'd have created a separate smaller studio to port the and support it with at least 2 expansions a year if not 3/4. About the size of the average expansion GTA V gets.

And the same goes for GTA V. They should have expanded the online team to bring out bigger expansions at least 3 times a year.

But I guess they make so much already they don't care about making a few billion more.
Because they're cheap and still use P2P for their games instead of fully dedicated. RDO partially failed because people on the PC were able to hack the snots out of it and mod in things online, steal players stuff, etc., etc.. They left a gaping hole in the security.

It also failed because they ruined the economy from the start with no sense of direction and lack of content output for people to spend gold/cash on. They then tried "fixing" it by nerfing the snots out of the gold rewards and people just gave up.

It was still an amazing online world, however. I spent more time in RDO than the main game which is one of the GOATs.

Last edited:

Acidjuice

Neo Member

i played a fair bit of RDO because i was disappointed with the story and while i assume the hackers are what mainly drove away the player base, the online mode was just a small collection of mini games and a side mission mode that was very limited and repetitive and pretty much entirely made to encourage players purchase their shitty cosmetics. even the dlc extras were just ways to add an extra guy you can fight to a game mode or give you some fun gun cosmetics. simply a cash grab a la gtav online

OceanGaming

I can't believe both Witcher 3 and Skyrim sold more copies than RDR2. I was expecting like, 75 mil at the least.

Edit: Okay maybe not Witcher 3 but it is very close.

Last edited:

poodaddy

this thread was started 4 months ago and was bumped a month before i posted. if youre mad about it fight me. :messenger_alien_monster:
:messenger_spock:
That's all you want bro, you literally bumped this thread to do nothing more than start up arguments and you don't even have a hundred posts. Whatever, have a good time I guess.

I'm happy for Neogaf's continued growth, opening up the floodgates wasn't a mistake.
I'm happy for Neogaf's continued growth, opening up the floodgates wasn't a mistake.
nervous crazy ex girlfriend GIF

Acidjuice

Neo Member
That's all you want bro, you literally bumped this thread to do nothing more than start up arguments and you don't even have a hundred posts. Whatever, have a good time I guess.

nervous crazy ex girlfriend GIF
literal comment copium. it make me laugh

Top Bottom