• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare Coming to Switch and PS4 (Digital August 17th, Physical October 13th)

Sybrix

So the real remastered port is hitting PC and modern consoles right? RIGHT?!!!

No.

This announcement is the rumours that have been around for the last few months.

Everyone thought it was RDR on RDR2 engine but its just a remaster for Switch and PS4.

Will there be a RDR remake? Na.

Deerock71

celebrate-celebration.gif

Switch players when they get to play a game that came out 13 years ago.
It came out never on Nintendo systems. This is R* making amends.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I mean it'll be 4k on PS4 Pro & PS5....what else were people expecting?

YCoCg

All the new screenshots are 4k on their website, so either they're showing PS4 Pro screenshots or there's a PC release hidden.

HL3.exe

Looking through the screenshots, textures are definitely higher rez than on the Xbox versions, shadows and lighting look better too.
From what i'm seeing (and I recently played it), nope. Shadow res looks about the same (which was pretty high already, especially for it's time).

I doubt they won't sprouse up some textures at this point, but from what I saw in the screenshot, barely noticed any big changes apart from the rendering resolution.

Last edited:
RDR was my favorite game of the 7th gen so having a largely untouched port is what I wanted.

As long as it doesn't have the horrible input latency that the Xbox BC versions have I'll be happy.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I pray for their sake gta6 is as amazing as they hope it is because they have lost all good faith with gamers.

ManaByte

Gold Member
From what i'm seeing (and I recently played it), nope. Shadow res looks about the same (which was pretty high already, especially for it's time).

I doubt they won't sprouse up some textures at this point, but from what I saw in the screenshot, barely noticed any big changes apart from the rendering resolution.
The PS3 version had worse textures than the 360 one. This one hopefully will use the 360 textures on both.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

$50-60 for games you can stroll into any Walmart or GameStop and get for $12? Not even a remaster? Yikes.

I am still yet to play Undead Nightmare. Is it any good?

Kilau

Gold Member
Wut!?

Glad I recently played it on PC with Xenia 60fps. No remaster means i'm not missing out.

Edit: still thought it hold up visually especially from 2010. Could use a texture upscale though for close up shots.

Sometimes I feel like the only PC gamer that doesn't play with every possible system performance reading in my face. Not even FPS.

Tarnpanzer

Sometimes I feel like the only PC gamer that doesn't play with every possible system performance reading in my face. Not even FPS.

I guess this is just for the video, but many PC-Gamers indeed play that way, LOL.

Well, the switch port will be easier to emulate on PC than the PS3 version, right?

Yes. Also easier then emulating the 360-version.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

At least it wasn’t remade by some shit mobile studio and called a definitive edition I guess.

GTA 6 is gonna be interesting made by modern day corporate low effort Rockstar.

Last edited:
Top Bottom