• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reddit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celcius

°Temp. member
On Reddit’s subreddit /r/askReddit there was a question “what do you want to de-normalize?”. I simply said people using personal pronouns and had like 20 upvotes as well. Today I wake up and my Reddit account is banned (not just from that subreddit but all of Reddit). They say the reason is promoting hate. Is there anything I can do about this?

edit: I submitted an appeal, mods can close thread thanks

Last edited:

TheMan

On Reddit’s subreddit /r/askReddit there was a question “what do you want to de-normalize?” I simply said people using personal pronouns and had like 20 upvotes as well. Today I wake up and my Reddit account is banned (not just from that subreddit but all of Reddit). They say the reason is promoting hate. Is there anything I can do about this?
You can make a new account

Mistake

I thought everyone knew the atmosphere over there. All the mods are extremists, so just make a new account with a burner email. In fact, you can type whatever you want as reddit doesn’t require verification

Jennings

On Reddit’s subreddit /r/askReddit there was a question “what do you want to de-normalize?”. I simply said people using personal pronouns and had like 20 upvotes as well. Today I wake up and my Reddit account is banned (not just from that subreddit but all of Reddit). They say the reason is promoting hate. Is there anything I can do about this?
From what I've heard you can just use the contact info in the ban message and ask to have the perm ban changed to a temp ban. If they're willing, they'll ask you to explain what you did wrong in your own words and if they like your answer they'll revert or shorten the ban.

You'll probably just need to make sure to explain to them how you weren't trying to delegitimize an entire group of people by denying them their right to exist and be accepted as they identify & present themselves, and you should be good to go. The important thing is to make sure they understand that the things you do in the future can't be misconstrued as hate speech like the statement you made in your problem post.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
As far as stealth "let me tell you my opinion on X" threads go this was a pretty poorly disguised one.

PSYGN

You know most of Reddit and Twitter users are filled with people isolated from the real world that can't form their own opinion and only seek validation from other isolated individuals? It's an echo chamber. Most normal individuals aren't hanging around on the web seeking validation, and live normal lives interacting with people from all walks of life. Even we are fringe here on this message board. The sad part is corporate, loss as they ever are, believe the voice of the people come from these echo chambers while most are worrying about real life issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom