• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder for WWE Raw tonight. Ironman Match!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikashi

Banned
I just want to state something for any Canadian who might have tuned into TSN to watch RAW just now.

FUCK TENNIS!!!

Nikashi said:
I just want to state something for any Canadian who might have tuned into TSN to watch RAW just now.

FUCK TENNIS!!!

Agreed.

GODDAMN AGASSI, CAN'T YOU ELIMINATE SECOND RATE TENNIS MEN ANY FASTER?

impirius

I haven't watched wrestling for months, and this junk only affirms my decision.

I hope the match is a DAMN good one, because this crap is awful. What happened... :(

What happened is most of the top tier talent went on to other things..

Rocky...acting in shitty movies

Brock... failing to make the NFL (as the wrestling world laughs)

Stone cold... smacking up another woman in an alcohol feuled rage.

Hogan.... well he's always sucked and should have been gone YEARS ago

Flair.. well he's busy making a mockery of his legend.

HHH... making a career of holding down more talented workers...ahem Jericho..

Eddie.. doing the best he can with the worst roster known to man

Taker... see Ric Flair

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Wishing they had this Iron Man match in a wrestling town. In Dallas, Houston, Kansas City, Charlotte or any other cities, the crowd would be way more into it. And they definitely wouldn't be cheering for HHH.

I am expecting HHH to win and Benoit getting it back at Summerslam. I know that is just the opposite of what will happen, but I can dream, right?

60 minutes of boredom? No thanks. I'll pass on HHH doing the same 3 moves, that includes punches and kicks, the whole match. And shit, the wall behind this monitor has more personality than Benoit.

impirius

The production guys should lower the ring mics when they're ovbiously calling spots... hahaha.

Digging the early pinfall, but HHH is already selling like it's 40 minutes into the match. At this rate he'll need a wheelchair just to get around the ring by the 15 minute mark.

impirius

Dang... the knee in the corner and tope both looked like blown spots. Benoit's gonna be in a world of pain after this one.

Can't stand the folks in the crowd booing... it's an Ironman match! Of course there's going to be an abdominal stretch; what'd you expect?

dskillzhtown

The Faceless Master said:
oh man, a point from a COUNTOUT!?!?!?!

hurry the fuck up joe schmo 2...

You are complaining about that? Iron man matches always try to deliver numerous ways to get a decision, DQ, Countout, Sleeper, tap out, etc. I am thinking you haven't seen too many of these.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Aside from the ironman match, which was spectacular, RAW was pretty fucking awful. I mean, TWO matches? Are they serious? The diva search stuff is just an absolute abortion. I wonder how many more weeks it will take until WWE Creative realizes.

dskillzhtown said:
You are complaining about that? Iron man matches always try to deliver numerous ways to get a decision, DQ, Countout, Sleeper, tap out, etc. I am thinking you haven't seen too many of these.
yeah buddy, this is my first one ever...

dskillzhtown

Minotauro said:
Aside from the ironman match, which was spectacular, RAW was pretty fucking awful. I mean, TWO matches? Are they serious? The diva search stuff is just an absolute abortion. I wonder how many more weeks it will take until WWE Creative realizes.

Well, they are in a contract with a company so they signed on for so many segments a week dedicated to that crap. Vince agreed to it, so there it is. But I just think it is a waste of 250k. I mean, you hype the Iron Man match and force them to watch the diva search instead of putting some young guys in a match to get them some exposure?

As far as the Eugene ending, I was fine with it only because logically you knew Evolution would have to come down to help HHH. Having Eugene come out pretty much cancelled out their interference. For that reason, I wish that Evolution would have been banned from ringside. Eric coming down was stupid though. I mean, I wish they would get rid of the heel GM bullshit. It is such a tired crutch for the writers.

FightyF

Banned
I hated when HHH was spitting and all that at the end. I guess it's his way of selling the fact that he was "screwed"...breathe heavy and allow your saliva to fly out.

Shinobi

Pretty good match, though the Evolution/Eugene run in stuff was old, manufactured and predictable. Wasn't even as good as Lesnar/Angle though, nevermind Hart/Michaels. BTW, Benoit took a couple nasty shots to the head in this match (particularly the one when he flew over the top rope into the barrier)...they'd better check him out for a possible concussion.

dskillzhtown

Shinobi said:
Pretty good match, though the Evolution/Eugene run in stuff was old, manufactured and predictable. Wasn't even as good as Lesnar/Angle though, nevermind Hart/Michaels. BTW, Benoit took a couple nasty shots to the head in this match (particularly the one when he flew over the top rope into the barrier)...they'd better check him out for a possible concussion.

That is where I am about it. For free TV, it was a hell of a match.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
dskillzhtown said:
That is where I am about it. For free TV, it was a hell of a match.

Yeah too bad it was prolly the only match worth watching. Just like every week the main event is the only match thats not totally half-assed. This week though there prolly weren't any other matches cuz I'm sure they still had to get in all their 20 minute speeches.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm loving the Kane/Batista faceoffs, btw. If they keep this up, it'll be a great payoff when they finally start feuding. It's not ALL bad in Vinceland...of course now that I've said this, they'll never go at it. :(

LakeEarth

I loved the Battle Royal. First time I've seen Rhyno do anything in a while (though I've barely watched Raw so far this summer), that gore was out of no where.

Guzim

Bish, say that you hope Cena will always be a babyface :D

and LakeEarth, Rhyno and Tajiri are tag team partners and are getting great reactions.

LakeEarth

Guzim said:
Bish, say that you hope Cena will always be a babyface :D

and LakeEarth, Rhyno and Tajiri are tag team partners and are getting great reactions.

Ahh okay, I'll start watching more Raw then. I love both wrestlers, so putting them together sounds pretty interesting. Better than Smackdown's formula of heel vs John Cena. I mean I like Cena, but he's feuding with like 4 people right now.

dskillzhtown

Where is this Orton beating Benoit at SS coming from? There is no way that will happen....I hope.

Here is a real champ for all your punk asses:

01.jpg

Bowser

dskillzhtown said:
Where is this Orton beating Benoit at SS coming from? There is no way that will happen....I hope.

Numerous credible wrestling sites are reporting that, sadly, that is the current plan.

Memles

To be fair, I have no hatred for Randy Orton...while his Evolution act is not nearly as entertaining as RNN was, he is generally a strong heel that will get face pops every now and then (See Edge/Orton from...whatever the last PPV was), he has the ability to piss off a crowd, and with Foley he has proven that he can work his ass off for the crowd. While Benoit deserves to be Champion, they're deadset on an Orton push...as a real fan during the RNN days, this Evolution bullshit has soured Mr. Orton, but he's still entertaining, has a high enough work rate to not have to be carried. Bradshaw and Orton both have similar statistics, rising from middle card (Lower in Bradshaw's case) because of growing heel personas. The difference is, Orton isn't a hack.

Still, having Benoit lose in TORONTO might not be the best of moves on their part.

Summerslam has potential, though. Why?

Angle/Guerrero? Rock. Plus, RAW seemed to set up an Edge/Jericho feud...and I believe there is a certain ex-tag team partner of BOTH men as well as a person who has feuded with both in the past who is itching to return before Summerslam. Christian/Jericho/Edge? Rock.

Shinobi

Brian Fellows said:
CENA SUCKS AS A FACE!

Yep...Austin and Rock were far better heels, but they at least could still make the face thing go. Cena's getting beyond tired now simply because he's a face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom