• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 | Original VS Remake | Final Version Comparison

Needlecrash

You know, you figure that with as much resources at their disposal, Capcom wouldn't cut content. Sadly, this isn't the case. I can't justify paying full price for it. I know it'll be good but I can't help but feel disappointed.

kunonabi

I really hate the Nemesis redesign. The face is bad enough but the super hero physique with the tiny waist just doesnt fit.

VFXVeteran

Banned
This game is the latest and greatest on a technical level. I see this tech being carried through all of next-gens cycle. On my PC with 2080Ti, it's carrying 13G of VRAM to run at the settings I have it running. That's 2G of VRAM more than the actual hardware chips in the 2080Ti. That means, there is a CPU RAM cache going on where the CPU RAM is split between VRAM and CPU RAM for game code + texture asset cache.

I can't see this game running on next-gen consoles with the settings I have without sacrifices due to the RAM requirements (at least not at 4k/60FPS).

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I’m still going to play it, and have a blast, but I get the feeling this isn’t even close to RE2 in terms of respecting the original/bringing it forward and general quality.

Top Bottom