• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Gameplay Trailer, Information, Editions & Gameplay Reveal

Arachnid

I'll copy my takes from the other thread. Overall, super positive feel towards it.

Fucking amazing. Leon is still a combat rolling/roundhouse kicking chad, and now he parries chainsaws with his knife. I'm loving the addition of stealth but wonder how indepth it is. Can I re-enter stealth if I break line of sight? Probably not.

Merchant is perfect. They got his accent down pat. I'm also a fan of the expanded merchant system with more upgrades and trading in treasures/items for other stuff.

Dr. Salvador is perfection. Poor man has lost a bit of muscle mass, but that's fine. I felt kind of robbed that they ended on the parry instead of the decapitation it all felt like it was building towards. Should have gone balls out.

My boy Salazar is back and intact! Large and in charge! Conniving and thriving! He's perfect!

Also, "Bill me for the repairs later." Fucking LMAO he still has his one liners! And now he casually drops them during gameplay depending on what you do. Amazing. Nick did good with his new version of Leons voice. Good evolution from RE2make. Fun fact: He took lessons from Paul Mercier to accurately translate OG Leons voice and swagger.

NuLuis looks like a creep and doesn't have his Dante style swave. Also not a fan of NuAdas voice or look (which is fine, since I've never been a fan of Ada; that said, OG RE4 Ada was the only interpretation that I somewhat liked). Ashley is an upgrade but that's not hard.

This looks like it'll be a lot more faithful than I expected. Not as much of the horror tone as I was hoping for, but it's alright. I was good with either choice.

Hopefully they haven't cut the island. I didn't see Krauser, the knife fight, the laser hallway, or any other hit towards it.

After looking at it more though, and I'd hate to say it, but I'm not a fan of Leon's new Agent outfit. It's baggy instead of the skin tight stealth suit look it had before. Not a fan of the v-neck part edition either. I like the new baggier version of the jacket with the larger fur around the neck though.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, here's concept art of Wesker. They brought back DC Douglas (RE5) and he leaked this claiming it's from the RE4 remake.

FFPFuS_WYAUqegx

Roni

Gold Member
I hated RE4 when it originally came out, but I gotta say: this looks really good. Only real gripe is the AoE effect of melee, other than that I'm pretty happy. Hopefully they make stealth an actual gameplay system and not just a set piece thing.

Last edited:

Roni

Gold Member
If they stick the landing story-wise and manage to fix all of 4's goofy shit, I might even get hyped for a remake of 5...

Last edited:

dugdug

Banned
I’m interested to see what they’ve changed, but, the fact that the dog is dead in the beginning is fucking stupid as shit.

Like, I genuinely can’t believe anyone thought this was a good idea, and only proves to me that they’re removing anything that could even slightly change the story so that it can be more linear.

sachos

Looks AMAZING!! It looks like they are re imagining parts of the game with a way more horror focused direction, and stealth too? sick. Only thing im not 100% on is the way Leon looks with his jacket on, i dont know what it is but it looks off, i dont know if it is the way he walks/stands still or the jacket model but he looks kinda wide

Arachnid

Huber from easy allies got to play 20 minutes. Ladies and gentlemen, we have confirmation.

The "Bingo?" line is in.

EDIT:
Further confirmation people. He saw Krauser (during a flashback in the intro; Krauser and Leon still have history together and they were training)!

Last edited:
I was a little unsure they might change things too much early on in the gameplay trailer, but the longer you watch it the more it looks like Resi 4

I love when Leon blocks the chainsaw at the end

Kinda dumb saying "oh and baby eagle the president's daughter is here" giving away the codeword's meaning on a transmission, but I suppose saying funny dumb stuff is in the spirit of the series

Last edited:

Mozzarella

WOOOOW
Capcom never disappoints lately
Resident Evil is back baby and it looks awesome.
REngine is superb, i love it. And the characters look sexy, lets go. Day 1
REmake will always be the best though.

SSfox

Looks great, it's RE2R team so it's promising, and good chance it won't be a 5H game.

Now just need to confirm mercenaries and Separate ways and we're good. I would be even fine if Separate ways will comes as DLC, but it need to be there.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Looks great, it's RE2R team so it's promising, and good chance it won't be a 5H game.

Now just need to confirm mercenaries and Separate ways and we're good.
From what I understand, there's not Separate Ways anymore but you alter between Ada and Leon through now.

Arachnid

RE4 producer states that there are no plans for a CV remake. RIP CV

I wonder if they will include the Darkside Chronicles story as flashback content.
God, I fucking wish.

But I doubt it.

From what I understand, there's not Separate Ways anymore but you alter between Ada and Leon through now.
That sounds fucking awful. That would legit damage this title for me. Please no

Where did you get that info btw?

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

RE4 producer states that there are no plans for a CV remake. RIP CV

God, I fucking wish.

But I doubt it.

That sounds fucking awful. That would legit damage this title for me. Please no

Where did you get that info btw?
It was part of the original leaks that were 100% accurate, downright to how the game started at night, and how Dr. Salvador can now damage the environment.

Arachnid

I don't know...I kind of like the idea of it all being in one big cohesive campaign. Or maybe better yet, give Ada a full B-side Campaign similar to Claire in RE2.
The B side campaign is how it was in OG RE4. We got to see her entire story from beginning to end in one go.

Personally, I like sticking with one character from beginning to end. Keep them separate IMO

Last edited:
Top Bottom