• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Gameplay Trailer, Information, Editions & Gameplay Reveal

Thebonehead

Banned
Dead space remake and the Callisto protocol both look better than this
Kung Fu Reaction GIF

skit_data

Feels pretty good to play RE games for the first time in my life atm. I bought the RE2 & 3 remakes recently in order to finish them before the RE4 remake. Don’t know why I haven’t played them before but it’s funny to have a ”new” game in the series to look forward to.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
God, this looks great. Yeah, it'll lose the cheesy b-movie aesthetic, but this doesn't erase the original, which still holds up okay. I just want that REmake 2 treatment across the board, it's too good to pass up. Give me 1 re-imagined, give me CVX, hell give me 5 and 6 at this point.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Nice trailer, It looks exactly how i was expecting, too bad it's not nextgen only, i fear the same treatment for mhw 2...

Looking forward to know how much they cutted from the original:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

They changed the intro of the first enemy you encounter, not sure if i like that, but i guess you have to do something to keep the game fresh.

OZ9000

Banned
Nice trailer, It looks exactly how i was expecting, too bad it's not nextgen only, i fear the same treatment for mhw 2...

Looking forward to know how much they cutted from the original:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

They changed the intro of the first enemy you encounter, not sure if i like that, but i guess you have to do something to keep the game fresh.
I like the fact it's different, but the same.

Dead Space Remake on the other hand is a 1:1 clone.

John Bilbo

Actually yeah it probably was scarier when he was instant death
Yeah the first encounter with that enemy solidified him as a number one threat to deal with and to be aware of at all times during combat.

I think you could still cause him to stagger with repeated headshots for a moment's relief though.
Here's some extended gameplay without the soundtrack.

Also, parrying the chainsaw apparently completely breaks your knife. You only get one get out jail free card.

If this is true then I think it could balance the parry mechanic nicely. I still hope the parrying is not too easy with that particular enemy.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I like the fact it's different, but the same.

Dead Space Remake on the other hand is a 1:1 clone.
No it is not.

They added talking isaac, more fleshed out characters, new rooms, seamless level design and some other things.

Hopefully the changes in both titles are not gonna make me want to close my balls into a mousetrap like that disgusting ff7 remake.

RaduN

Looks fantastic but why the hell is the jacket 2 sizes bigger than it should? Looks goofy and distracting, compared to the original looking stylish and ultra cool...
They have plenty of time to fix it though 🤭

I’m still not getting excited. If they cut anything It’ll be a big turn off for me. Also I really hope there’s an option to change the aiming reticule to the classic laser sight. It’s RE4 you need the laser sight. Already sad about the Dog, but maybe that’s a red herring and another dog shows up later.

GymWolf

Gold Member
The graphics look good, but I have no clue why people are impressed at all.
Hyperboles about graphic are pretty common here on gaf.

Edit: also like another dude said, many people compare this to the original on gc, not against modern games where the upgrade is minimal if not inexistent.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I really feel sorry for you if you arent hyped for this and was a fan of the original...it literally looks perfect to me...I love it...gg capcom.

I also think it will be a really meaty remake, no way they dont do this one justice.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Leon's face looks a little odd.

I do not like Ada's new voice actor. The old one was 1000% better.

Otherwise, looks fucking amazing. Day 1.
Never liked the new leon face since the re2 remake.

But at least it was better then claire face.

Ada and chris are the best new faces with re engine.

Mithos

Not sure I like Ashleys, Luis or Ramons new looks.
The others looks good, sad Ada wasn't in her red dress in whats been shown so far though.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ok watched the story trailer, what they hell they did to luis'face?? He look like a piece of shit maniac now:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Not sure if like the napoleon dwarf new face either.

The giant and the lake monster look great tho.

GymWolf

Gold Member
They went full european aristocracy with him. Even gave him the Marie Antoinette wig. Kinda works for Salazar.
I liked the fact that in the vanilla game his face looked both old and kinda childish for maximum unsettling factor.

In the new one it just look old.

ramon-salazar.png

several-villains-have-been-redesigned-1666311584.jpg

He look like queen elizabeth with a skin condition...

Yeah i don't like the change at all (the new model is great detail wise tho)

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I liked the fact that in the vanilla game his face looked both old and kinda childish for maximum unsettling factor.

In the new one it just look old.

ramon-salazar.png

several-villains-have-been-redesigned-1666311584.jpg

He look like queen elizabeth with a skin condition...

Yeah i don't like the change at all.
He looks great.
Just not like a kid at all so maybe it's an angle... we have to wait and see

Skifi28

Gold Member
Looks fantastic but why the hell is the jacket 2 sizes bigger than it should? Looks goofy and distracting, compared to the original looking stylish and ultra cool...
They have plenty of time to fix it though 🤭
I noticed that too, but if it follows the original you won't be wearing it that long anyway.

Last edited:
I am so glad this isn't a straight remake. I've played through RE4 more than any other game. No complaints.
I came to say the same thing...i literally just did my second playthrough of the VR version on my headset last month, and I think ive beaten this game atleast 7 or 8 times since it came out :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I fee like RE4, GTA V, and Skyrim will keep getting released over and over again until long after we're all gone lol

God Leon can GET ITTT he is so fine.

Also, while I think Ada looks great, I kind of don’t really like how a lot of the girls look in this engine. Mia, Claire, Jill, and now Ashley all look kind of weird/off to me and I can’t explain why.

ShinyMan

Neo Member
Imma make what could be a very sinful confession: i've never played RE4.

Do you guys recommend me to play the original first and then the remake, or just go straight in?

Top Bottom