• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake - New Details and Pictures Revealed

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I wasn’t pinpointing on any voice actors in particular. It all just sounded cringier than Atomic Heart. I think at this point, it’s on the VA Director.

bender

What time is it?
No. Both are bad. Don’t let Japanese devs off the hook for bad voice work/direction.
arnold-wrong.gif

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I love RE4. Idk why I have no hype for this.

In fact, my only guess is it’s due to the fact that I’ve played both RE4 and RE2 Remake, which this seems to be similar to, several times each.

I love the original. I want to be hyped. Maybe I’m just a little burnt out on survival horror? Idk. Looks good though.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Man, I adore the Capgods and love the RE series but its fanbase is 10x worse than FROM's circle jerking rabid fanboys.
The back and forth and constant bickering between the 2 members in here is fucking insufferable, there's a difference between expressing your opinion and going full sperg by constantly flooding /spamming the thread, Jesus Christ, not even the usual MS and Sony related threads are this bad, I mean, shit, you see the thread has been bumped and instead of reading some new info about it there's the 2 guys shitting the thread again.

Just take it fucking easy , it's a video game for crying out loud.

Kill ganados, don't make war, peace ✌️

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Some notes from the video:

-They've removed QTE mechanics
-Parry system was implemented as a core mechanic of the game
-They wanted to design some encounters in a way where the player has more choice on how to approach. Fight, Stealth, or Run Away.
-The Bolt Thrower is an added weapon to allow ranged stealth kills.
-Knife is more powerful in it's usefulness in the Remake, but it can be broken. (No mention if it can be repaired, but it's a safe assumption you can or at least find a new knife)
-They're aiming to make the Remake scarier than the original.
original Resident Evil 4 is already pretty damn scary,(especially for action Resident Evil standards) ,so this is awesome,this REmake is in good hands

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I wouldn’t either. But I would say RE4 Remake voice acting is bad. Kind of like how Atomic Heart’s voice acting is bad.
Hard to say yet.
I don't get that impression from the trailers.... and if anything, I would expect it to be kinda bad.

Atomic Heart is way overtalked. They never ever shut up. Someone is constantly talking some nonsense. Maybe delivery is not the problem but I can't stand it.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Everything about this just seems "off". I can't say I'm excited either. Maybe it's because the change isn't as drastic as RE2 since RE4 was already a 3rd person shooter.
I think my hype is super low because I recently beat RE4 VR. That was an amazing experience that I doubt RE4 Remake can match. I am curious what the mystery VR portion is about. I think they said the main game won’t be in VR.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Not better or worse, but different. I'm just saying that the remakes of 2 and 3 are played in a total different way than the vanilla games, which justifies the remake.
Meanwhile 4 vanilla and 4 remake look like the same game, just with the later having better graphics and some gameplay changes that we'll have to see if are there for the better or worse.

Yeah me too. In general I love remakes of old games, it's just that I don't like this current trend of remaking games that play the same or almost the same as the vanilla ones.

In fact I'm almost sure this one will play nicely, it's a Capcom game after all. It's just that I don't see myself getting hyped over it and spending my money unless it's on a sale. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

All of this. I prefer Remakes that either A. Do something new and interesting within the framework of the established story, or B. Come out so much later that all the modern conventions basically make it a new game.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I think my hype is super low because I recently beat RE4 VR. That was an amazing experience that I doubt RE4 Remake can match. I am curious what the mystery VR portion is about. I think they said the main game won’t be in VR.
does adding vr to original re4 throws out it's perfect balance ?

Am I the only person here who still thinks this looks great? My hype is steadily increasing after that last trailer. OK so the graphics aren't next gen it still looks great and very true to the original. Looks very polished.

Seems everyone here is down on this.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
does adding vr to original re4 throws out it's perfect balance ?
It improves on it. At least in Professional difficulty. On normal, VR does make it easier because you can move and shoot at the same time. Just feels so damn good.

Alyx and RE4 VR are easily the best game on the platform. And sadly, you can only play both if you have a Quest 2. Alyx will require a good pc.

Last edited:

HYDE

Banned
Am I the only person here who still thinks this looks great? My hype is steadily increasing after that last trailer. OK so the graphics aren't next gen it still looks great and very true to the original. Looks very polished.

Ignore the depressed debbie downers…game is going to be an amazing time. Bitches are so annoying!

Last edited:

Madflavor

No offense man but you're being overdramatic. The reception to RE4R's previews have been glowing across the board. On Gaf you have a few people people a stick in the mud. It's normal.

Top Bottom