• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake |OT| Welcome back stranger! What are you RE-buyin'

Vyse

Gold Member
A bit late to the party, but I picked up RE4 RE on black Friday and just finished. I’ve played all of the RE games over the years and really don’t remember much about RE4. I have to say hands down that this was my favorite game of the series. Really looking forward to see what they remaster next. If you haven’t played the remaster yet, I would suggest giving it a shot.

rofif

Banned
A bit late to the party, but I picked up RE4 RE on black Friday and just finished. I’ve played all of the RE games over the years and really don’t remember much about RE4. I have to say hands down that this was my favorite game of the series. Really looking forward to see what they remaster next. If you haven’t played the remaster yet, I would suggest giving it a shot.
It's so good.
I finished it 2 times in a row... and I didn't do that since re2 remake I think.

Awesome. Did you play through Separate Ways?

Moses85

Just started the VR mode. Was expecting better graphics than RE Village but… no, doesnt look better.
Also the controls are quiet strange. Have to play more I guess.

rofif

Banned
Just started the VR mode. Was expecting better graphics than RE Village but… no, doesnt look better.
Also the controls are quiet strange. Have to play more I guess.
Interesting. Village looks amazing due to all 1st person photogrammetry.

So, I finally continued my separate ways save and...there's black crush everywhere? I don't recall the main game being like this, I mean, I'm in the gardens section at the castle and I can't see shit even with the in-game brightness turned to max !

I'm on a PS5 and I have HDR turned to on, people on reddit say that this is a bug and that the HDR is busted in the DLC and that SDR is better but I just find that weird...

Elysium44

Banned
Been playing this on Xbox over the last month and have completed it (and Separate Ways) except for the shooting gallery achievement which I am doubtful I can get but I will go back and give it another try.

It is a good game but has some infuriating flaws. It has a habit of frequently snatching the camera away from you and making you look in the wrong direction and then has you fighting with it to regain control. Movement is clunky and animations have to complete fully before you can start moving again, which can lead to being grabbed or killed on higher difficulties. Also every cutscene makes you wait 1-2 seconds before it will respond to the skip button, so you will often press it 2-3 times before it works. How does this get past play testers. I regularly wish my character would get moving when I tell them to, but instead they stay there frozen to the spot or flinch which results in another cheap death.

Professional NG S+ is brutally difficult and the previous advice in this thread to use door skips no longer works as it was patched out. I did it on Separate Ways but haven't tried and probably won't on the main game, I'd be more likely to if there was an achievement.

This would benefit from a speedrun mode where all cutscenes were removed, should also have animation cancelling which would make gameplay a lot more fluid.

edit - I did do NG S+ on the main game after all.

IBC9NWV.jpg

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
So, I finally continued my separate ways save and...there's black crush everywhere? I don't recall the main game being like this, I mean, I'm in the gardens section at the castle and I can't see shit even with the in-game brightness turned to max !

I'm on a PS5 and I have HDR turned to on, people on reddit say that this is a bug and that the HDR is busted in the DLC and that SDR is better but I just find that weird...
I had the same problem and played in SDR. Weird because RE 8 don't have that problem.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I freely admit I'm a super casual gamer these days and I'm playing this on my Steam Deck but by god do I find this game hard.

Any tips?

Always play in HDR when available and didn't have this problem on my PS5/LG C1.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Now, here's something interesting. This mod for DD"2" - https://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma2/mods/693?tab=files can also add PT to any RE Remake on the RE Engine.

F5LzDL5.jpeg

qsrpdPg.jpeg

5L9jwjd.jpeg

3MLcTEo.jpeg

But just like in the DD"2", it works with a shit ton of noise and not everything is parth traced as some objects instead look flat. It's a cool thing though for those who like to play around with Photo Mode (like myself), but RE2/3R don't even have it and idk if there's a free camera available like in DD"2" via RE Framework - need to check. Anyway, here's something to play around with for those who are interested.

Last edited:
Top Bottom