• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 - Ps1 Edition

Knightime_X

Cool, but I don't think this would work on actual ps1 hardware.
If so, I wonder how they made the background look infinitely better than re2 looks on ps1.

Last edited:

spinfive

Banned
That looks great. Movement looks like it would be a pain to control though, even more than the originals already do.

Last edited:

Dutchy

In my honest opinion, infinitely more aestethically pleasing and creepy than the original. I really miss oldschool RE. Anyone know if there's any recent games out there inspired by oldschool RE? I'd love to play it.

Kupfer

I enjoyed re5 more than 7 and 8, fight me.
5 is my favourite one, I played it on 360 via system link with a friend and we beat the campaign SSS rank. The coop mode was awesome.
The Africa setting and atmosphere was something else, fever dream like.
7 and 8 were fun too, but completely different game experiences.

Last edited:

GymWolf

5 is my favourite one, I played it on 360 via system link with a friend and we beat the campaign SSS rank. The coop mode was awesome.
The Africa setting and atmosphere was something else, fever dream like.
7 and 8 were fun too, but completely different game experiences.
It is far from my favourite but for me it was the last "good" re game to get excited about...

First person re is not my cup of tea.

Mikado

Gold Member
fuck outta here with your perspective-correct texture mapping :lollipop_steam_nose:
no affine projection shimmer, no buy

Edit: Actually looks like they got it right on that door at 2:18. I stand corrected. Carry on, then!

Last edited:
My first Resident Evil game was actually Resident Evil on the PlayStation 1.

This is when it was still really new and nobody knew what to expect so you're exploring this place and getting scared and laughing at the hilarious voice acting.

Before the internet was a big thing. So you didn't know what to expect. Lots of laughs and lots of scares. Good times.

Top Bottom