• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard coming to iPhone, iPad, and Mac on July 2; Resident Evil 2 remake coming soon

RE7-iPhone_06-10-24-768x432.jpg

Capcom will release Resident Evil 7 biohazard for iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 15 Pro Max, and every iPad and Mac with the M1 chip or later on July 2, the company announced. The remake of Resident Evil 2 is also in development for iPhone, iPad, and Mac.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I played through a lot of Death Stranding on my iPhone and it was a surprisingly good experience. Now that you can connect any controller (PS5/Xbox/Switch) to iOS devices, I’m all for them porting over real games.

I hope it launches at 50% off like Death Stranding did. That was an awesome deal.

But... WHY?

The question is actually "why not?" - especially for Capcom who has experience porting their other games. I'm not a dev but it wouldn't surprise me if RE Engine lends itself well to GPTK, and Apple is releasing GPTK2 soon. Little extra effort and they get access to an entire platform (millions of iOS/Mac users) and younger demographic.

ZehDon

Until Quest VR stop money hatting, its....

Never Gonna Happen GIF by Rock This Boat: New Kids On The Block
... what are you talking about? Resident Evil 7 launched with PSVR support three years before Meta's Quest 2 launched and Meta started nabbing third party exclusives. Given we're now some seven years since RE7 released and its PC version still doesn't have official VR support, it feels like a pretty valid question to ask: when does Sony's money hat run out?

Top Bottom