• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iPhone 15 Pro Version of Resident Evil Village Runs at 30FPS

PerdxxBlade

Neo Member
Preorder cancelled.
…overreaction. 30 fps still feels pretty smooth, ESPECIALLY for a game that can actually run ray tracing. Besides, the fps increases when you disable ray tracing. Not even the Steam Deck can run this title at 60 fps with ray tracing enabled. :/

It should be possible with the iPhone 17 Pro and beyond, though.

Synless

…overreaction. 30 fps still feels pretty smooth, ESPECIALLY for a game that can actually run ray tracing. Besides, the fps increases when you disable ray tracing. Not even the Steam Deck can run this title at 60 fps with ray tracing enabled. :/

It should be possible with the iPhone 17 Pro and beyond, though.
Sarcasm. It’s a fucking feat that it’s running on a mobile device. we’ve come a long way.

DryvBy

…it doesn’t look awful. You still get 30-35 fps with ray tracing enabled, with good lighting effects.
It looks like absolute crap and only an Apple fanboy would say this looks good:

0cue7lQ.jpg

DryvBy

Look at mobile games and then tell me that doesn’t look good? It’s a fucking phone with passive cooling running games meant for consoles and PCs…

It doesn't mean it looks good or is worth some $2k. People were claiming this was a console killer phone. Yeah, I guess it's a bit better than GameCube.

Ozriel

M$FT
It doesn't mean it looks good or is worth some $2k. People were claiming this was a console killer phone. Yeah, I guess it's a bit better than GameCube.

So that's what spurred these weird takes? Revenge?
It's a passively cooled mobile phone. You cannot look at the visuals without taking that into consideration. And that is significantly better than GameCube AND the Switch.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Man I am an old man now, but even I know this is pretty awesome on a phone. For being a phone it does dang well keeping up with my PS5 and blows my switch out of the water. Aren’t we living in a fun time where a phone has ray tracing hardware? It will be fun stuff through the next few years and what comes with it.

I have an iPhone 15 pro max, I do not game though, because of Microtransactions and the like. However, if I do start gaming again, I’d like to see more options on my IPhone and My new MacBook to play some games. It would be fun to look how it compares to my 3090ti from EVGA, too.

The future is exciting in certain ways and watching phones, TVs, PC, Consoles, Cars, and well just about anything that changes as technology does is interesting and tells us a lot of where we could be heard. Good times to be had.

Minsc

Gold Member
It's a kinda neat one-off, but still seems like the worst way of all options to experience the game to me. I have no faith/expectations of this changing anything at all for mobile gaming, no more than Square releasing a few console RPGs on mobile did, which is to say, not at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom