• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8: Village |OT| Dat Atmosphere is THICC

Dunkelgrau

So I have those Pulse 3D headphones for the PlayStation 5. “Virtual surround” in the game settings should be disabled, right?

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
God damn got a heart attack looking at the new releases on Steam and seeing RE8 cost 79,99 EUR and the same for Re:Verse! Seems they just show it weird there as it's 59,99 for both 8 and Re:Verse (don't even want that one, obviously) and the 79,99 is a bundle is for those + RE7.

MistBreeze

If its anything like the last few games, it feels anything above normal is more balanced around a second or third playthrough when you unlock unlockables. RE3 in particular was a frustration machine in that regard.

exactly it feels it is built for normal in first playthrough

MachRc

I got two kids, a model for a wife, 1 doge, 3 cats, and a full time job.
I dont have time to be dying over and over again

I dont use godmode, but I do make sure I have teh resources

rTRGYQS.png

It doesn't work. Getting to low hp and getting one last hit simply kills me. I've played the scene dozens of times now and I eventually die even after surviving 5+ minutes and killing a dozen enemies with barrels and wasting every bullet. I even tried to turtle up for minutes under the house or at the tower ladder, and still nothing. This is broken BS.
Yep, I've lied my bad. I thought that's what happened to me until I watched my friend stream.

I believe you have to run around in circle, you'll eventually start seeing fire arrows hitting the village and you have to keep circling until one of them hits your foot and it triggers the story cut scene. Also worth noting, we were on top of a roof when it triggered.

Kuranghi

I started at 12:30am this morning and stopped around 5am, really enjoying it so far.

BTW, what the hell does the Mr. Raccoon weapon charm actually do?

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

89k on steam shit...re7 peak was 18k. Bonkers how much more it sold. Its gonna hit 1 million sales in a few days.

ClosBSAS

For some reason turning on HDR totally fucks up my screen (super zoomed in and fucked up colours) when I put resolution on 4k on PC. Anyone else have this issue? Im on a LG CX btw.
The screen issues on re7 and this are so bad. My volume doesnt work on this game, alt tabbing on borderless windowed mode feels like someone sticks a drill up my ass, hdr breaks everything

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
For some reason turning on HDR totally fucks up my screen (super zoomed in and fucked up colours) when I put resolution on 4k on PC. Anyone else have this issue? Im on a LG CX btw.

Are you sure its HDR only and nothing else?
I am on C9 and PC and 4k+hdr. No issues.
Whats your system config? Mine is 5600x+3080.

Krizalidx11

Banned
Is that the tower with a ladder? I'm already going there every playthrough. Right now my plan is:
  • Go to the house with the shotgun, barricade it and grab the items, wait for enemies
  • Go down under the house, grab the items there and craft ammo + health, wait for enemies
  • Leave and go towards the tower house, enter and barricade it, grab ammo + stuff
  • Wait until enemies enter the house, kill 3-4 with the barrel there
  • Climb the ladder, wait for a bit (this is a safe spot, I tried to leave the console there for minutes, nobody can touch you; if the scene was just timed, that would help, but it doesn't)
  • By this point, the giant should be around the house. I jump down towards the river.
  • Then I go to the red gate and use the barrel there to kill 2-3 enemies if possible
  • Then I run towards the other side of the town (sometimes impossible with the giant around), where there is a locked gate (not red).
  • I usually die about this point, taking me about 4-5 minutes
One time I survived for a while even after all that, went back to the shotgun house, etc. Still nothing. I eventually die because I mess up or I am out of resources. Enemies spawn infinitely and there is no open exit from the area.

Well, i did it like this

rTRGYQS.png
I love trainers. I tend not to use them until a second playthrough, but they are so fun to use regardless. Can be a godsend too if you are busy with model wives and kids.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
So far I seem able to maintain 60fps in RE8 but the occasional hiccup has me worried it gets worse. I can only use 4GB textures and High shadows and the rest as maxed as it allows, otherwise I get over my 8GB VRAM. I don't think I can reduce anything that has little visual impact to then have enough headroom for 6GB textures (or max shadows but that probably reduces performance). It kinda throws you off the deep end fast huh? I just died. Also got very bad hiccups with the various blood splatters and what not when you're attacked. How do they not optimize the in your face bs:rolleyes:
re8_2021_05_07_21_02_awkxa.png
re8_2021_05_07_21_02_1hkbj.png
re8_2021_05_07_21_02_8dkyn.png
re8_2021_05_07_21_02_hwj1s.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So far I seem able to maintain 60fps in RE8 but the occasional hiccup has me worried it gets worse. I can only use 4GB textures and High shadows and the rest as maxed as it allows, otherwise I get over my 8GB VRAM. I don't think I can reduce anything that has little visual impact to then have enough headroom for 6GB textures (or max shadows but that probably reduces performance). It kinda throws you off the deep end fast huh? I just died. Also got very bad hiccups with the various blood splatters and what not when you're attacked. How do they not optimize the in your face bs:rolleyes:

Got a good hint on another forum but you can safely ignore that Graphics Memory warning. It's either not directly tied to your VRAM or is just plain wrong. I'm on an RTX 3080 and I first set textures to 4GB to not go past what I thought was a VRAM limit, but you can completely ignore it. I maxed out textures at 8GB and blew past my limit (13GB/10GB) but there was absolutely zero hit to performance.

kungfuian

Gonna pick up today but undecided on platform. Any GAF consensus on this?

Should I go PS5 (Dualsense, quick loads, and possible future VR) or Steam (2070ti w. i7)?

CloudNull

Banned
Watching streams and the game looks great. I don' think I'll pick it up but I will probably watch until completion.

Ywap

Fun and very hard game on Hardcore with a gamepad and aim assist off :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Shame about the constant stuttering though :(

rTRGYQS.png
You probably really don't even need that to be honest bro. Its definitely one of the easiest Resident Evils I've ever played. I peaked at a guide to see how far I got last night and im like 60-70% of the way through and the only time I died was because I was rolling a joint :messenger_sunglasses: and i'm playing on the hardest difficulty. Probably between this and RE3 Remake for easiest resident evil. Its a dope game, just real easy

ssringo

Spent an embarrassingly long time stuck in Lady D''s castle. So busy trying to turn rooms blue I kept overlooking the one door I didn't go through. Didn't interact with it so it didn't show up on my map with a key marker.

GHG

rTRGYQS.png

There's your problem.

If you had a few million doges you wouldn't need the full time job anymore.

Darak

Well, i did it like this

Thanks! I finally made it. The whole part is a mess, nothing seems consistent. The run which triggered it for me had nothing special or different, I just tried to run from house to house, but the same thing resulted in failure other times. I suspect there is a huge random factor involved. Not a good idea in hard mode when you die in two hits.

MachRc

You probably really don't even need that to be honest bro. Its definitely one of the easiest Resident Evils I've ever played. I peaked at a guide to see how far I got last night and im like 60-70% of the way through and the only time I died was because I was rolling a joint :messenger_sunglasses: and i'm playing on the hardest difficulty. Probably between this and RE3 Remake for easiest resident evil. Its a dope game, just real easy
my last resident evil was 3 remake with nexus mod. Resident evil 3 for me was not easy... I just have too much aniexty when it comes to consumables..
It def was more fun playing as 2b(or crotchless jill) instead of regular jill,
swapped out nemesis for sagat, and carlos for bigboss/snake.

I only played resident evil 7 for like 30 minutes becasue it was too scary, I think I got into the garage and then I said nope....
Like Alyx, its just sits on my computer not being played.

apYZgtq.jpg

The only downside of getting village on pc is that i cant stream it to my work pc like right now to the xbox game streaming test app, so that I can play here at work .

my last resident evil was 3 remake with nexus mod. Resident evil 3 for me was not easy... I just have too much aniexty when it comes to consumables..
It def was more fun playing as 2b(or crotchless jill) instead of regular jill,
swapped out nemesis for sagat, and carlos for bigboss/snake.

I only played resident evil 7 for like 30 minutes becasue it was too scary, I think I got into the garage and then I said nope....
Like Alyx, its just sits on my computer not being played.

apYZgtq.jpg

The only downside of getting village on pc is that i cant stream it to my work pc like right now to the xbox game streaming test app, so that I can play here at work .
That sounds crazy..Yeah I remember the first night RE7 came out and my wife and I were playing through it in the dark and we had to turn that shit off and play the next day LOL. I hear you tho, and those mods sound insane
And yeah I started running RE8 on my PC, but my gameshare partner got it on Xbox Series X so I might install it on my own Series X and see how it plays on console after my first playthrough on PC lol

SEGA_2012

Playing the PS4 version right now and having a lot of fun :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: .
Just reach Luzia's house.
Really curious to know what it is happening with the characters.
Great game so far.

SantaC

I dont like the fact that teleporting daughters and that lady haunts me the whole time. I am trying to explore but it is impossible when they show up all the time.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
eeeh HDR is kinda dark on my C9 not sure what the fuck i am doing wrong.
using pc version

looks just fine on my SDR ultrawide

Last edited:
So I just started playing, on Hardcore too because people said the game was easy. I keep dying on the first part right after you get the Shotgun. Are you supposed to somehow kill all the enemies or is there a place you can escape to? I feel I’m missing something.

Top Bottom