• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retail chain “JuegosDigitales” claims God of War Ragnarok launches this June

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
FMckpvHX0AUxjfK

FMclNpRX0AQLE11

Last edited:
Jim ryan said last year that games would be coming out back to back to back. Meaning, horizon, gt7, and god of war would be launched relatively close to each other.

I think sony is trying to get all the delayed cross-gen games out asap so they don’t have to hear anymore complaints about 10 dollar upgrades lol

If it genuinely was planned for 2021 when initially revealed… it could be possible. Though if it’s coming out in summer, expect Sony to have some other major release for Christmas. I guess we’ll see if anything major is announced at the rumoured upcoming event in March

Elios83

It's absolutely possible, Sony likes to have a summer blockbuster. It's either June or September imo.
But at this point retailers dates can only be considered placeholders.

ByWatterson

I hope it does and that it reignites my love for the cinematic action-adventure, which has waned lately. When those games hit, they're arguably the highest highs in the medium. Need another fix!

Camreezie

Crazy if this comes before Hogwarts Legacy as we have only had the one trailer and no extended gameplay/state of play

PUNKem733

I just don't see how it comes out in a handful of months when we've had one trailer (the first trailer was just a VO on the logo) and not ONE pic of the game. It's baffling why they haven't shown anything of it.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
I just don't see how it comes out in a handful of months when we've had one trailer (the first trailer was just a VO on the logo) and not ONE pic of the game. It's baffling why they haven't shown anything of it.
Should be last year anyway.
What more trailers do you need? If the game dropped tomorrow it would sell just as well

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I mean they don’t have to try and sell it like the 2018 game the first trailer we got was like the same style of trailer we got at the second showing of the 2018 game

They should just release it at the end of the year. September to November time

Why would they release Ragnarok in the busy time of year if it’s ready during a time with less competition? That makes no sense. They’ll only release it in the Sept. to Nov. timeframe if the game isn’t ready before then.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Why do you think that’s so hard to believe the last of released that month
I just think if it was releasing in 3 months we would know but I hope I am wrong.

I could see a June E3 type of Sony show that reveals a Sept ish release date though

Again I hope I am wrong

iorek21

I think the second semester of 2022 is more probable.

I mean, is there even any other Sony release officially scheduled for 2022 after Ragnarok?

Hezekiah

Banned
I'm thinking second half of the year.

Maybe October. Can't see it being ready for June given we have had any updates since last year.

Kokoloko85

Why would they release Ragnarok in the busy time of year if it’s ready during a time with less competition? That makes no sense. They’ll only release it in the Sept. to Nov. timeframe if the game isn’t ready before then.

Im not saying they will. I just want them to because they need something for the end of the year. End of year 1st party title.

Markio128

I think a summer release for GOWR makes absolute sense if, and this is a big if, PSVR2 is due to release in the fall. PSVR2 will need lots of room to breath and Sony wouldn’t want it to be overshadowed by anything else on their own platform.

Fbh

Lol guys this isn't a retailer, these sites don't know shit.

These are some borderline illegal sites that sell you access to accounts from which you can download the game. When you buy from them they send you an email and password to log into one of their PSN accounts.

I fucking wish new games were still $29.900 clp, that was in like 2009. New games now cost around $50.000 - $60.000 clp.

The Chilean peso has gone to shit in last 10 years T.T

Beechos

Nah no way, this will be one of those big games companies like to release early oct/nov. leaving some good games to die/bomb.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If a big marquee first party game was launching in three months, Sony's marketing would be all over it.

Im not saying they will. I just want them to because they need something for the end of the year. End of year 1st party title.

I’d rather the game come out sooner and in the quiet season. The end of year will already be loaded with third party titles plus MS exclusives (if you have an Xbox too).

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
If a big marquee first party game was launching in three months, Sony's marketing would be all over it.
this game won’t need that big of marking push it’s gonna sell crazy plus the last game didn’t get a release date only 3 month before hand

blacktout

Didn't it get rated by one rating board or another a month or so ago too? If so, it's probably coming sooner rather than later and June seems like a reasonable possibility. (Though it's weird it hasn't gotten a major gameplay reveal yet if it's just three months away.)

Also, is this the same retailer that leaked Witcher 3 for the Switch?

Top Bottom