• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal, are you dipping or waiting?

mxbison

Games strive to be much more than just fun these days. Imagine coming into such an epic 100h saga and expect first half an hour to be “fun”. Dimwitted.

Whatever, then call it 'enjoyable' if you want, for me RDR2 wasn't.

People have been trashing this game since the reveal, and now that it's getting very positive previews they are coming up with these new silly comparisons.

killatopak

Probably waiting even after I’ve seen the reviews.

It would take a really great rogue-like to make me interested in the genre.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Waiting due to the main reason of having GoT to complete and then maybe onto days gone. Plus this will give it time for the price to drop on physical. I'm in no rush, but I'm happy it looks to be a brilliant game and worth playing.

noise36

Bargain bin or pass.

I think the only people paying full price for Returnal are those who only game on Playstation and having nothing else to play.

Last edited:

TheMan

Probably gonna wait. I can afford 70 but that price crosses my mental barrier for impulse buys. Plus, rogue likes are not a genre I generally care for

Love the setting but from what I have read/seen of the game doesn't really grab me in terms of the mechanics it features. So, I will be waiting for a discount or just passing on it. Sucks because I wanted to finally experience the power of the PS5 because all I have done on it is play the Yakuza games and beat Ghost of Tsushima, might just go for RE8 on PS5 if they introduce a FOV option.

i think most people will buy as the ps5 doesn’t really have any actual next gen games yet outside of darksouls (which is technically a remake)

Gotta dust it off now
PaJ9WJD.jpg
It really does gather dust easily. I thought it was a myth

Denton

Very low probability that I would enjoy it (I hate repetition, and this game sounds like it is repetitive to the extreme, with repeating same locations and enemies after every death) so if I get it, it will be on deep, deep sale or PS plus or some humble bundle.

vypermajik

Day 1! I pre-ordered the second it was available. I am obsessed with rogue like games so easy sale for me. And I’m seeing the metacritic numbers in the upper 80s and I’m super excited.

Bkdk

No wait I’ll ever buy it unless there is a pc version. Selene desperately needs modding to make her actually look good. Also if there’s a way I can play as the aliens beating Selene I might consider it. Selene is the real alien in the game.

I'm going to wait and see how others find it. I have a feeling it might prove too tough for me.

Also, people refuse to pay £70 for a game? It's sold out on Amazon UK right now:

Gld9nVS.png
Thirst.

It would most likely flop if it released later in the gen.

Last edited:

Arkam

After seeing the reviews, this is a no brained for me. Will be purchasing and downloading this as soon as I get done with work tomorrow. Going to be a fun weekend!

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
First of all I don't have PS5, getting it down the line and watching reviews I simply dislike anything rogue*

However have fun everybody who is getting this game, it's good that the draught (hmm not sure about this word) is over and soon there is going to be RE: VILLAGE and ME: Legendary Edition, very hyped for those and hyped to play Ratchet and Clank at my brothers place (who secured PS5 at launch by some unknown miracle).

So I cancelled my physical and preordered digital. Downloaded already. My clock says 3 hours to unlock. Does that mean I get to play at 11pm?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So I cancelled my physical and preordered digital. Downloaded already. My clock says 3 hours to unlock. Does that mean I get to play at 11pm?
Sometimes that clock is wrong because I had Nier countdown add an hour. I have played at 11 for a lot of games, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they add another hour once the main countdown ends. Usually games unlock around 10/11.

Tiamat2san

Well I said I’ll wait but I preordered it.
But in the end I won’t buy it because it looks like it’s a really hard game and I don’t want to repeat my demon’s soul error.
(Way too hard for me and lack of patience)

was it already known that the game was hard?

Inviusx

Waiting for bargain bin, not because it doesn't look great but $124 AUD is a price I'll only pay for a few games this generation.

Last edited:

TeamGizzyy

Banned
Probably the ugliest lead female character I've ever seen in a game. Single handedly turned me off of the game.

At least try people. ..people like pretty people.

nordique

It’s not for me so neither waiting nor getting

but I have a huge backlog to deal with anyways! So I’m ok with that haha

It saves your progression based updates from my understanding. You then take those into the next run making it easier.

Never played a rouge game, so stabbing in the dark here.

not about difficulty, i have kids and oncall for work. i could turn on a game expecting to play for 3 hours, then only get 10 mins. just sucks having to redo that same cycle over and over again

oh well, not for me i guess

Top Bottom