• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP fLoE šŸ˜¢

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

Ari ā€œfLoEā€ Weintraub was born in Park Ridge, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago, on October 11, 1984, to Illana Weintraub and his father, the late Philip Weintraub. He died peacefully surrounded by loved ones after a series of strokes took his life. He was 39.

Ari embodied a complexity that few people had the privilege to experience. He could bring a story to life and easily make you laugh in a way that was reminiscent of his father. He exercised a fierce independence early in life and once hired a taxi driver at age twelve to tour Las Vegas, the city he eventually called home. And in classic Weintraub style, he inherited a deep humor and love of pizza.

Ari enjoyed his solitude but came alive as ā€œfLoEā€ behind a computer screen through the vibrant community and video game world of Fighting Games: Street Fighter, Soul Caliber (at one point listed as best in the world), Marvel vs. Capcom and Vampire Savior to name a few. He was an internationally ranked player and champion, with approximately 18K followers on his YouTube channel, and more than 30K subscribers to his Twitch feedā€”many of whom watched him stream games daily until he retired in 2019. He provided color commentary at tournaments and was incredibly popular among fans.

Ari existed in a rich online world that allowed him to actualize who he was through video games and online streamingā€”a space that connected him with friends all over the world and gave him the opportunity to engage with people in a way that felt true to him.

He was a cool dude.

Memories:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh wow...This guy got me to try out fighting games outside of Mortal Kombat, and got me into MvC. He will truly be missed.

cormack12

Gold Member
Can you stop people attending memorial services? I thought they were classed as public spaces (at least in UK).

Besides that, 39 is way too young man

poodaddy

Very sad. I haven't seen his stuff in a long time, but I remember finding him funny. I hope his family finds some comfort in these dark times.

nikos

Damn, that's really sad. I enjoyed watching him play SFIV. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I am not into esports or fighting games, but from all accounts dude looks like he was a great guy. Too young to go man. RIP

Majormaxxx

High blood pressure is a silent killer, everyone in their 30s+ should checking their BP every now and then as its the leading cause for stuff like this and most times you dont even notice somethings wrong.

I didnt know Floe but I'm sad hes gone, too young. RIP
It is terrifying. But not really that silent - if we are overweight, all systems in the body are taxed! Especially in this sedentary hobby, we should all aim to remain at a healthy bodyweight (normal BMI) and move daily for at least 30 minutes.

ShadowLag

Damn. There's a name I've not heard in a while... I used to pull all-nighters watching his Twitch stream, particularly the time when he was playing insanely hard meme sidescroller games, trying to beat them no matter what.

RIP Floe, actual legend.

Breathe Martial Arts GIF by Xbox

Filben

Can you stop people attending memorial services? I thought they were classed as public spaces (at least in UK).

Besides that, 39 is way too young man
I can only say how it works in Germany. The person who's passed away must appoint a "TotenfĆ¼rsorgeberechtigten" (a dead person's welfare beneficiary). This person can't act on their own interest, though, but can act on the dead person's behalf if the dead person has specifically named a person before who is not allowed at the funeral service. The beneficiary then can apply for a provisional order against said person who's not allowed. If that person shows up, they can call the police.

You cannot however deny a person or a group of people attending the service just because you (as surviving dependent) don't want them to.

If you want to exclude people, It is easier, however, to rent a private mourning hall. Everyone who's not being invited showing up then is trespassing.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

It is terrifying. But not really that silent - if we are overweight, all systems in the body are taxed! Especially in this sedentary hobby, we should all aim to remain at a healthy bodyweight (normal BMI) and move daily for at least 30 minutes.
That is true, but some people are genetically prone to suffer from it, I have a friend on medication for it and he's super fit. If your family has a history of stroke or cardiac issues it only makes sense to test wether overweight or not :)

Neon Xenon

Damn. I watched and had some fun with fLoE's streams way back when. And I swear, I was thinking yesterday, "I wonder what fLoE has been up to, I haven't seen him in a while."

RIP.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I was watching Aris last night in regards to this. A mutual friend of theirs who broke the news to him said ā€œlose weight now or youā€™re next you fat fuckā€ or something to that extent. Aris found it hilarious but also one of those ā€œtrueā€ things.

Being overweight will have its tole on you. J Wong is his best friend and also pretty big last time I saw him.

Hopefully this encourages these guys to take note and take care of themselves better.

Sad stuff to pass so young. I remember his streams when he would ban people for saying ā€œI heard you once ate a whole chicken live.ā€ Man that was funny times , and the I want to be the guy streams.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
And this is why the modern culture of trying to pass being obese as ā€œhealthyā€ is a crime against humanity.
Never heard about the dude until today and Iā€™m not keen on acknowledging this kind of ā€œcelebrityā€, but the man was too young to pass from every conceivable point of view. RIP.

boomcrab

Floe was so amazing, especially during his Soul Calibur 2 days.
I never knew who he was until around 2018 or so. He was really funny and seemed like a genuinely kind guy passionate for fighting games.
It's crazy reading this now and seeing we actually shared the same birthday.
Rest in Peace Ari

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
This guy was such a character. His Evo run of IWTBTG is legendary. I loved his streams too but hadnā€™t watched in a while. RIP big fella.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Maybe we'd care, if he used a real name
Every article here uses his real name multiple times , but he was better known as floe.

When Prince died did they use his birth name or call him Prince because you know, thatā€™s what everyone knew him as for his music.

You wouldnā€™t care what his name was or anything. Youā€™re just a drive by asshole talking shit when someone just died.

Get a fucking grip and reasses yourself.

Top Bottom