• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Neil Peart (Drummer for RUSH)

Neil Peart, the drummer of iconic Canadian band Rush, has died at age 67.

The influential musician and lyricist died Tuesday in Santa Monica, Calif., after having been diagnosed with brain cancer, according to a statement issued Friday by family spokesperson Elliot Mintz.

His death was confirmed by Meg Symsyk, a media spokesperson for the progressive rock trio comprising Peart, Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson.

I was never a huge Rush fan, but definitely liked some of their songs, and they had a hell of a run. RIP dude.

Last edited:
What the fuck :messenger_loudly_crying: terrible news, Rush was AWESOME and Peart was just the main man AND he totally was /ourguy/. Very sad day for music.

RIP boss.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
RIP

my brother is a drummer and was into Peart way early on. i still remember drum magazines with these giant two page spreads showing Peart's insanely awesome drum setup. amazing stuff.

dude was a legend. though he has passed, people will continue to discover his music and his work will live on.

lock2k

Banned
Thankfully I was able to see this monster of a drummer playing live for 3 hours during the Vapor Trails tour in 2003. What a Master with a capital M. Rest in peace, Neil! First thing I did today after I heard was listen to Afterimage "suddenly, you were gone" gave me chills.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Rush reminds me of the 70s and Basic and 1st edition D&D.

That said I was never a big fan of there's when I was a kid but really enjoy them now.

Lots of talent all around.

RIP Mr. Peart.

C4lukin2

Banned
Never a big fan of Rush. But he was super awesome with his revolving drum set.

It is a very different thing compared to dead lead singers.

Every drummer out there is feeling this. He was among the best ever. And nobody is saying he was a Kurt Cobain.

He was a technical genius. And if you are not a Rush fan, maybe you do not get it.

This is a huge loss. And the end of an epic badass band.

It is like Paul or John leaving the Beatles.

Top Bottom