• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Robbie Coltrane (Hagrid)

Best known as playing Hagrid in Harry Potter movies

E4B4jED.jpg

Last edited:
starting to hit me. the harry potter movies played such a huge part in my life. it feels so fucking weird, strange, and scary that Robbie is gone.

i haven't seen him in anything else but i'll never forget him as Hagrid. not even when i read the books because there really is no way i can picture Hagrid as anyone else.

I hope you're at peace Mr Coltrane but i know you knew that you would live for many years yet in the hearts and minds of people who watch and read Harry Potter.

He's from my city so he is well known outside of Hagrid but as a Potter fan that's all i really know of him from. My mum and dad would always go on about him being in Cracker.

If you’ve never seen it I would recommend cracker

Pretty tame by todays standards, but loaded with stars in the making (begbie, at least one doctor who) and a power house of a central performance. But portrayed as a very flawed character.

Very, very different if you only know Hagrid

Ionian

Didn't even knew he was still about, what a shame. Never bothered with Potter but for the people saying Cracker, that was on TV when I was a kid and was brilliant. Loved it, that and Prime Suspect were the shows of the time.

One of the reasons why the first two movies are my favourite in the entire series. Hagrid was always a loveable giant and backbone for the younger wizards. RIP Robbie.

DpoV17JXoAE-9BB.jpg

Neff

RIP, I genuinely thought he was the best actor alive.

I watch Cracker every year, I know every bit of dialogue verbatim and he was what made it work so well. If you want to see a performer at the absolute top of his game, watch Cracker and strap yourselves in for the interrogation scenes. Insanely talented man.

Last edited:

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I won't name them, but there's a total cunt of community out there with a lot of members cheering for his death because apparently he was a transphobe for defending J.K Rowling.

These REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfuckers, I swear. We have trans members here and they are awesome. But that place. Good lord.

Last edited:

Laieon

RIP to a legend. As an elementary school teacher who sees kids falling in love with the series year after year, his quote in the recent Harry Potter reunion about how he obviously isn't going to be here in the future but Hagrid will be definitely comes to mind.

bpg2AwH.png

One of the reasons why the first two movies are my favourite in the entire series. Hagrid was always a loveable giant and backbone for the younger wizards. RIP Robbie.

DpoV17JXoAE-9BB.jpg
The first two are my favorite as well, I drastically prefer Christopher Columbus' vision of the Wizarding World over what came after. I know Prisoner of Azkaban is an internet darling, but it's near the bottom of my list because I just didn't like replacing robes with hoodies and the changes to Hogwarts.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Somehow just now seeing this. Legendary actor. I loved him in 007 obviously, but to me he will always be hagrid. I grew up on the books and the movies and honestly I don't think the movies would have been as endearing as they were if it wasn't for the way that he portrayed hagrid.

RIP.

anthony2690

Banned
RIP, genuinely sad news, I've only seen a few of the Harry Potter films, but I always felt Hagrid was a very warm and lovable character.
I won't name them, but there's a total cunt of community out there with a lot of members cheering for his death because apparently he was a transphobe for defending J.K Rowling.

These REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfuckers, I swear. We have trans members here and they are awesome. But that place. Good lord.
It's not everyone there, but some people genuinely have no grasp of the real world, no compassion for others.

Imagine wishing the death/praising the death off someone because they don't agree with your views or because they are reasonable and can see how horrible the twitter cancel mob is.

These people are sick/mentally ill and genuinely need help/some sense slapping into them 👀

Tams

Rest in peace.

Much more than just Hagrid (I loved him in GoldenEye and The World Is Not Enough), but Hagrid will be what I and others will always treasure him as.

Ree continues to be the piece of shit website looking for anything bad for actors who worked on the HP films fuck their cancel culture shit

RIP to an actor who delivered an amazing childhood role.

harry potter and the philosophers stone GIF

Best to not pay them, nor the Twatter lot any atttention.

Top Bottom