• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam |OT| I love the smell of napalm in the morning

I love that new people are playing the game but it absolutely kills me when they pick SL and don't place tunnels. And it doesn't only apply to new players either. It really hurts the team's chance of successfully defending an objective when entire squads have to run from the default spawn points.

Place your tunnels!

There have been times where I got promoted to squad lead (usually by someone leaving) and didn't notice for minutes at a time.

Hell, there have been times where I've said on squad chat for the squad lead to put down a tunnel only to be told that I'm the squad lead.

That said I do agree, there should be a squad lead tutorial that is required viewing or something.

There have been times where I got promoted to squad lead (usually by someone leaving) and didn't notice for minutes at a time.

Hell, there have been times where I've said on squad chat for the squad lead to put down a tunnel only to be told that I'm the squad lead.

That said I do agree, there should be a squad lead tutorial that is required viewing or something.
That has definitely happened to me a few times as well lol.

I wonder if a lot of new players unknowingly pick squad leader when they choose their role. I know double clicking on your role will automatically place you into a squad, and if all are empty (or if one just filled up) you will automatically create one. A lot of times I see marksman taking SL1 due to everyone trying to pick the class as fast as they can.

It's too bad people don't fight over the pointman class like they do marksman lol.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
I love that new people are playing the game but it absolutely kills me when they pick SL and don't place tunnels. And it doesn't only apply to new players either. It really hurts the team's chance of successfully defending an objective when entire squads have to run from the default spawn points.

Place your tunnels!

we're looking in to improving tunnel feedback

Patrick S.

Banned
Stone, thank you for being in touch with the players. And thanks again for the game :)

I just bought Red Orchestra 2 because I enjoyed RS2 so much. Am doing the tutorial now, love ze German drill instructor :)

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Stone, thank you for being in touch with the players. And thanks again for the game :)

I just bought Red Orchestra 2 because I enjoyed RS2 so much. Am doing the tutorial now, love ze German drill instructor :)
Hey no problem! Glad you’re enjoying things! Ready for the Australian content? :)

Top Bottom