• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam |OT| I love the smell of napalm in the morning

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
State Of The Game News Update

http://steamcommunity.com/games/418460/announcements/detail/3060610480144109928

Hello,

Here at Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games, it’s important that our studios continue to keep community interaction to high standards. After all, it’s you the community, who we want to ensure are having an enjoyable experience each time you log in to Vietnam and run through the jungle. First, from everyone at Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games, we would like to thank you for your continued interest and support of our game.

As to where we are today, you may have already seen our presence on the Reddit boards, official Tripwire forums and the Steam discussions. That presence will continue each and every day. While we may not be able to respond to every single thread, rest assured... we are reading, reviewing and notating on a daily basis.

As such, we'd like to take a few moments to discuss what has occurred since the launch of Vietnam and what we have planned for the future. While there is too much to list on what exactly has been addressed, we do want to call out some of the major issues that you, the community, have provided terrific feedback and bug reports on.

First up, let’s discuss what’s occurred since launch, back on May 30th. Since that time, our immediate attention has been focused on resolving top reported community issues and feedback. The top 3 issues consisted of:
Game crashes
Game launch issues
Stuttering and overall performance
Creating a multiplayer game, especially a FPS, which runs perfectly on all types of PCs, is one of the most challenging technical aspects of game development. We are happy to report that the above issues have been addressed and are in the current Live build. Community feedback and reception has been very positive. This does not mean that our job is over, however. We will continue to ensure that the overall gaming experience not only meets our expectations, but yours as well.

Next, allow us to speak about upcoming content and the future of Vietnam. As previously mentioned, we continue to focus on bugs but we are already underway on additional Summer content along with content for the latter part of this year. Please keep in mind, that the below details are planned 'goals'. Development progress may result in these items coming at a later than originally scheduled time frame. We will of course update you on such changes, to ensure the community has complete visibility.

In the short term, over the next few updates we are expecting the following to roll out over a series of updates in the coming weeks and months:

Content
Have you wanted to play Hue City in Supremacy mode or Song Be in Territories mode? While the development team continues to work hard at bringing you update 1.02, we are also planning to push an interim build to add prototype conversions of the existing TE/SU maps to deliver new experiences on current maps. AMG will continue to work towards bringing completely new content to Vietnam. We will have more to share on that in a future news update!

Lastly, two brand new weapons and a variant of an existing one are also in the works. We will be providing more details on this soon!

Quality of Life
Separate control binding for infantry and vehicle settings
Along with official Xbox and Steam Controller Support
Scoreboard improvements, such as having the ability to directly select and mute other players
Instanced Rendering - new rendering method which offloads work to the GPU allowing for more items on screen (with less objects popping into view) and less CPU hit (potential performance improvement for lower end CPU’s with better GPU combinations)
Having the announcer only announce to the players who are affected by Rapid/Ambush Deployment
Improvements to the Spawn Selection menu, such as the menu remembering your last selected spawn and being able to ‘Ready Up’ by pressing ‘Enter’
And a lot more that we're not quite ready to share!
Bugs
The QA team has continued to investigate bugs and looks at community reproductions and believe we have found the root cause of:
Rare Player/Server positional desync
Several audio sounds being cut-off or not playing at all. Such an example is the Spooky
And a whole lot more!
We are still investigating and looking for reliable reproduction cases of the following and could use any community input to help us find them:
Any video step by step instructions or detailed write ups that can cause hit registration issues to occur 100% of the time, if followed exactly. We have seen the issue happen but have had trouble making it happen ‘on command’ so we can capture the root of the issue and work to resolve it.
Over the course of the rest of the year we are working towards our first major content update which is planned to include:
Brand New Maps
Brand New Weapons
Brand New Vehicles
And More!
All throughout, we will continue to look at top community requested features and quality of life improvements. As such, please keep those suggestions and requests rolling in!

And do not forget to check out some of the maps (and mods) that the community has started putting together. To our modding community, there are requested improvements and bug fixes coming as well. One such request is improvement to the upload tool by adding config and localization file support. We are also working directly with Valve to track down why servers are not properly grabbing updated Workshop files.

While details for our future new content updates are not yet available, you can keep an eye on the Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Roadmap for a detailed look at our near future changes and a loose look at our long term plans. Please keep in mind, items are subject to change for various reasons (including date shifting or an entire feature being cut).

Once again, we thank you for your continued support, patronage and interest in Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Tripwire Interactive and Antimatter Games

Been playing some of the custom maps.

Gotta say, some of them are shit. Others have great potential.

There is a cool night map where I died more than once hesitating to shoot because it was dark enough that I honestly couldn't tell friend from foe. Was great.

That said, there really needs to be a system in place where when you apologize for a teamkill it alerts the person because the amount of times where I say sorry for a TK and the other person doesn't forgive just piss me off.

You can tell the Red Orchestra/Rising Storm vets because they forgive an obvious accidental TK instantly or as soon as you say sorry. They know the system.

New players don't seem to get it. I've said sorry in both text and voice and still nothing.

I think it should give them a UI message (similar to a vote kick message). This would only work for text obviously but if you accidentally TK someone and then maybe type "/sorry" or something in the chat, then that person gets a popup letting them know.

It's not a huge deal but having to wait extra time for a spawn or losing points because someone can't be arse'd to pay attention or type "np" in chat just bothers me. I forgive all obvious accidental TK's and every one where someone apologizes.

Been playing some of the custom maps.

Gotta say, some of them are shit. Others have great potential.

There is a cool night map where I died more than once hesitating to shoot because it was dark enough that I honestly couldn't tell friend from foe. Was great.

That said, there really needs to be a system in place where when you apologize for a teamkill it alerts the person because the amount of times where I say sorry for a TK and the other person doesn't forgive just piss me off.

You can tell the Red Orchestra/Rising Storm vets because they forgive an obvious accidental TK instantly or as soon as you say sorry. They know the system.

New players don't seem to get it. I've said sorry in both text and voice and still nothing.

I think it should give them a UI message (similar to a vote kick message). This would only work for text obviously but if you accidentally TK someone and then maybe type "/sorry" or something in the chat, then that person gets a popup letting them know.

It's not a huge deal but having to wait extra time for a spawn or losing points because someone can't be arse'd to pay attention or type "np" in chat just bothers me. I forgive all obvious accidental TK's and every one where someone apologizes.

I 100% agree with you. It seems like most players don't even know there's a way to forgive. Super frustrating having a 20+ second respawn time for accidental TKs.

On another note, I just wanted to mention how incredible the shotguns are in this game. Here is a clip of me getting a pretty lucky kill-streak with the Ithaca M37.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
A reminder that with today's update we have enabled our double XP event. This event runs for a week!

*ALSO, we have a hotfix coming shortly to address an issue with the scoreboard.

55cbd20831cdf887ae5c021603661f79f38b3146.jpg

Really digging the new update. The new UI stuff is great, and the new map icons for players makes it look a lot less cluttered when there's a group of teammates bunched up.

And even with the nerf, the PPSH is still very deadly. Still love it.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
Really digging the new update. The new UI stuff is great, and the new map icons for players makes it look a lot less cluttered when there's a group of teammates bunched up.

And even with the nerf, the PPSH is still very deadly. Still love it.

glad to hear! we have a hotfix update coming out very shortly

I tweeted this at them but they should add in ShadowPlay Highlights (automatically record a clip of a kill, death, etc...) but it listens for when I yell into my mic about whatever bullshit death I just had and records that.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
I have 5 codes for a free version of the game. The first 5 people to PM me will receive a key.

I'm on a plane so I'll respond later with the codes :)

Rs2vietnam.com

Shot the pilot out of the Loach and it nose dived into the ground.

ShadowPlay somehow managed to disable itself so I was unable to save the moment.

It was an epic game, we were 12 points away from losing and we brought it back for the win.

It's been a while since I played, but this game has improved significantly. Performance and UI are much better. Props to Tripwire.

I had my first +50 game and got MVP.

I'm definitely going to play it more now due to all the improvements. ANZAC also looks cool. Most games don't feature them so it's nice to see.

It’s been a while since I played, but this game has improved significantly. Performance and UI are much better. Props to Tripwire.

I’m definitely going to play it more now due to all the improvements. ANZAC also looks cool. Most games don’t feature them so it’s nice to see.
Nice! Getting MVP in this game is so satisfying because it usually means you worked your ass off to earn it.

I'll keep an eye out for your Steam tag when I play.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
It’s been a while since I played, but this game has improved significantly. Performance and UI are much better. Props to Tripwire.

I’m definitely going to play it more now due to all the improvements. ANZAC also looks cool. Most games don’t feature them so it’s nice to see.

we appreciate the feedback!

[TW]Stone;248393993 said:
Love to hear your feedback on this

Both sides locked out of spawning, we own 2 of 3 points. 4 of us alive, 2 of the enemy.

Enemy took a point quickly which let their entire team respawn instantly and then we got steam rolled like it was no one's business.

With that instant team imbalance it's nigh impossible to retake a point in order to unlock spawning again.

I could have been prevented had the 4 people alive better covered the points and stopped the cap but once they got that 1 point and their spawning unlocked you were instantly back to a full team vs 4 guys and no way for the rest of us to spawn.

Are there any known issues with placing arty marks with purple smoke? I had a TL call arty on a mark I placed with purple smoke and I didn't get any assist points for it. It's possible there was another mark being used, but it would've been right on top of my mark. I also was unable to get any assist points for my normally placed marks later in the match. I'll see if I can reproduce it next time I play.

Patrick S.

Banned
Finally got to play this after getting a free code from Stone, thanks again man :)

I really like this game, it feels like a good combination of Arma, where I can take my time and use different strategies to play, and Battlefield, where the maps are tight and prevent you from running around for half an hour without seeing anyone. It's a nice balance, but admittedly, I have only played one map, Hill 937. The game feels very Vietnam-y, which is good. Performance was better for me than in the beta.

However, after one round at Hill937, just as the server was changing maps, the game crashed to the desktop with the message in my screenshot, which, strangely, had the firing range as background (I had been checking that out before).

ryHQhSX.jpg

Bit of troubleshooting help I can give is that during the firing range session, I activated Vsync, but didn't restart the game as prompted.

Patrick S.

Banned
Basically it says that the .exe adresses a certain memory area, and that the task could not be written to/in memory.

What confuses me the most, is that the game was displaying a screen of the firing range, when that wasn't the last map I had played, that's kida curious...

I haven't restarted it again, because I was going to watch a movie now anyway.

I love that new people are playing the game but it absolutely kills me when they pick SL and don't place tunnels. And it doesn't only apply to new players either. It really hurts the team's chance of successfully defending an objective when entire squads have to run from the default spawn points.

Place your tunnels!

Top Bottom