• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games issue message regarding recent leak

Draugoth

Gold Member
Rockstar Games confirms the GTA VI leak They explain that their work will continue as planned and will introduce the game to the world when it's ready. "We will update everyone again soon and, of course, will properly introduce you to this next game when it is ready."

Take-Two has issued a statement to investors regarding the GTA 6 leaks. The publisher has asserted it has "taken steps to isolate and contain this incident"

FdBvd6HWAAMdsgS

Last edited:

Hugare

And yes guys this is PROBLEM with gaming industry today

Rockstar waited TOO DAMM LONG with new gta because money is on first place
They've released their most ambitious and gigantic open world yet with RDR 2 in 2018

They havent been sitting on their asses since 2013, you know

How long do you think games like these takes to make? While working on GTA VI they were also working on RDR 2, GTA Online and RDR Online

"It's Rockstar's fault for not revealing the game". People acting like some spoiled brats. You'll get the game when it's ready.

Saber

Gold Member
Twitter is the playground for this drama bullshit, with likes from people who don't even know or play their games. What people expected?

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I was never worried about the game being scrapped...too much money and time in it

I am worried about them scrapping Lucia and Jason, I very much grown to like their average joe protagonists and I am worried R* might scrap them and create a new set of protagonists

do you guys think that will happen?

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I was never worried about the game being scrapped...too much money and time in it

I am worried about them scrapping Lucia and Jason, I very much grown to like their average joe protagonists and I am worried R* might scrap them and create a new set of protagonists

Highly doubtful in my eyes. You’d need new assets etc. I’m sure it’s possible but seems like overkill to create new protagonists because of this.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
Highly doubtful in my eyes. You’d need new assets etc. I’m sure it’s possible but seems like overkill to create new protagonists because of this.
plus wouldn't they have alot of the story recorded that probably reference Jason being a redneck and Lucia being latina that they couldn't just change characters?

Nvzman

I remember when TLOU2 leaked early (the TLOU1 also leaked early!) and people were shitting all over it....

yet when it comes to Rockstar, people defend it instead.

Make It Happen Makes Sense GIF by WE tv
Because TLoU2's leaks revealed all the (imo) dumb shit Naughty Dog was doing with the game. I'm grateful for them because it ended up making me not purchase the game, I would have been infuriated if I had paid $60 to experience that godawful writing.

They might rename them and give them an new/updated appearance. For all we know they might have already changed their appearance as it is old footage.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
They might rename them and give them an new/updated appearance. For all we know they might have already changed their appearance as it is old footage.
but Jason being a redneck it looks like and Lucia a latina woman seem like they would be referneced in the story, even if it's not crucial. How much can they change?

wvnative

The characters won't change but their design might get tweaked before the official reveal.

just_jr

Everybody kinda imagined that GTAVI would look like this... Since the final product will look even better and there are no story spoilers, they're fine (maybe not due to the source code thing, but I don't see any drop in their sales)

Banning modders for offline modding
The Mess that was the remastered trilogy
Removing the old GTA trilogy from the stores
Several DMCA's
More woke policies

I don't support the hacking. But for some reason I don't really care much anymore for Rockstar.

I thought the PS5/XSX GTA 5 release was weak too.

I really hope they nail it with GTA 6 tho.

On the flip side I know games take time but it’s disappointing they don’t make other games like a new IP, Midnight Club, Bully etc anymore

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Rockstar be like:

Because of this hack, GTA V will also be launched on PS7 and next Xbox. You will only see GTA VI two generations down the road. Ahah, bitches.

Last edited:

TheMan

I really do hope dev time doesn’t get extended, we were probably looking at another year or two as it stood

consoul

"We will update everyone again soon"

An update on this Grand Theft VIdya situation or an update on the game itself?

Orpheum

Easy to say that it continues as planned when no clear release date was ever given lol

Also the leaker is fucked. (if) when they find out who he is, he'll have lawsuits on his ass until he dies

Top Bottom