• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar has raised GTA+ prices by up to 40%

Draugoth

Gold Member
gta-1440x810.jpg

Launched in March 2022, the service gives members access to “a rotating assortment” of Rockstar titles, while GTA Online players receive extra cash, cars, cosmetics and exclusive events.

Previously priced at $5.99 / €5.99 / £4.99, a monthly membership now costs $7.99 / €7.99 / £6.99, representing 33% increases in the US and Europe, and a 40% rise in the UK.

Games available through the service include Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition (Xbox and PlayStation), GTA: Liberty City Stories (iOS and Android), GTA: Chinatown Wars (iOS and Android) and Red Dead Redemption (PS5 and Xbox Series X/S).

via VGC

It always seemed so worthless for GTAO, an amount of in game cash that you could make in less than half an hour, and cars that would get blown up as soon as they leave the garage (assuming you even have garage space for them).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Don't blame them honestly. Most of the people playing GTA:O are playing almost exclusively that and will probably cough up. Same people that spent years going "dude in the next GTA they should have 3 maps you can fly between". Same energy.

I'm still betting on the idea that they've essentially made GTA RP 2.0 + GTAO within GTA 6 and it's going to justify the price once they reveal it.

Last edited:

Three

It always seemed so worthless for GTAO, an amount of in game cash that you could make in less than half an hour, and cars that would get blown up as soon as they leave the garage (assuming you even have garage space for them).
I didn’t even collect the money when they gave out 'free' $1,000,000 in game cash for PS+ users every month. Rockstar has gone full live service, "game as a platform" now like fortnite.

Bond007

If you are balls deep in the ecosystem of the game. A great game such as this- despite what differing opinions say - and how much content is provided, this is probably the only game that could pull this off.
I dont support it, but i sure as hell have played GTA Online over 10yrs and have tried this service. If you play regularly still and this is all you play....is what it is.

Unfortunately, this will probably be something offered on 6 off the bat.

SJRB

Gold Member
Wring them dry until the inevitable collapse when GTAVI releases, and then start all over.

Amazing money printing machine.

nush

Rinse them for every single cent. They are the reason we didn't get GTA V story DLC or a GTA VI (already) AND VII.

74d86be5-7357-4c06-b4cc-72efe8254d6e_text.gif

Kerotan

They've added RDR1 to the sub along GTA+ Trilogy. The fact the price is increasing makes me think these games will be included permanently even though they said they'd be rotating the titles.

They've confirmed LA Noire and Bully coming later this year.

amigastar

I love the GTA Series and GTA V but i've never really played GTA Online for very long, i've only tested it at the beginning when it came out on PC.

NickFire

Any of you fellas play NBA 2K (same parent company I believe)?

If you want to see pure, unadulterated, remorseless F U greed at work, play 2k24's Myteam mode.

This year they have added season passes, allow you to purchase individual cards, and oh, that's right, they removed the auction house and don't allow trading either.

It's like they saw the "and its gone" episode of South Park, and said that's their new business model IMO.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I bet GTAO2 will require a sub to play. If fuckin WoW and FFXIV can get away with in 2024 then surely Rockstar feels like they can pull it off.

But hey! They’ll throw in some ps2 iso’s as well.

Woggleman

All they should do is rebuy the rights to the removed songs, polish them up a bit and have a locked 30 fps framerate for the old PS2 games and I am in.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
And they will be able to get away with it.

Because people will lap it up. The same people who'll justify it by saying:

"GTA 6 offers thousands of hours of entertainment. It's criminal that it cost only £100 in 2025. Back in my day a single SNES game cost........" then something about inflation, cost of development, how CEOs are only earning a seven figure sum blah blah blah.

Last edited:
Top Bottom