• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue Legacy 2 (Finally) Coming to Playstation - Free on PS Plus Extra too.

TexMex

Out next week.

Bought this on my Series X and am thrilled to finally get it over on PS5 to chase the platinum. Easily one of the best roguelites around, and very happy more people get to play it now.

I've been bummed since Rogue Legacy really started with Vita/PS3 so it was always weird that the sequel never found its way to Playstation. I know this probably appeals to very few but I am beyond happy with this one, try it out especially if you're in the Plus ecosystem.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

Been playing this lately and it is utterly fantastic. I played the first one and liked it but this one feels much better than than one. I highly recommend it.

Beat the first boss last night!

I've been hooked on this game. I liked the original, but this has so much more content. If you like Dead Cells, metroidvania, or the rogue-like genre in general, you should absolutely play this.

Markio128

I’ve got the game downloaded, but I’m not going to start it until I’m done with FF16. I’m looking forward to it though, it looks great.

The Skull

Recently got back into this on PC after not playing for a while since it was in early access. An absolute gem. Glad more people can experience it.

Unbelievably fun game, but I'm getting to the point where progress feels like molasses because everything costs a lot of gold and classes require a lot of xp to level up. Coming back from a decent run and being able to buy like one upgrade isn't super great feeling, even if the game is still fun. I probably just need to be the boss and get to the next area though, hopefully the rewards will scale up enough.
The Flash art style killed this game.
I will never understand how and why this art style caught on, and I say this as someone that grew up with Flash.

PanzerCute

Out next week.

Bought this on my Series X and am thrilled to finally get it over on PS5 to chase the platinum. Easily one of the best roguelites around, and very happy more people get to play it now.

I've been bummed since Rogue Legacy really started with Vita/PS3 so it was always weird that the sequel never found its way to Playstation. I know this probably appeals to very few but I am beyond happy with this one, try it out especially if you're in the Plus ecosystem.

Same. Bought the game day one on SeX and was really happy to get the game again on PS5.

I still prefer Dead Cells over it, but this is a great roguelite for sure, and much better than the original imo.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
The Flash art style killed this game.
9UWv6Im.png

Sounds like a sad* person with sad* opinions.

Last edited:
Unbelievably fun game, but I'm getting to the point where progress feels like molasses because everything costs a lot of gold and classes require a lot of xp to level up. Coming back from a decent run and being able to buy like one upgrade isn't super great feeling, even if the game is still fun. I probably just need to be the boss and get to the next area though, hopefully the rewards will scale up enough.

Yep. Reason why I largely prefer the first game. It was much less tedious and more fun.

Put some investment in the "some characters can earn more gold" perk, or whatever it's called. It's in the lower left of the castle tree. When you can, also buy the fourth player choice, and a couple of the class re-rolls. After doing this, go out on some gold runs where you take some negative traits, and you can make a LOT of gold that way. In a solid run that moves across four or five title sets, I usually earn about 30,000 gold.

You can also take a trait that will give you a negative visual issue, and then find the pair of glasses that takes away visual issues. When that happens, you have all of the benefits of more gold, and none of the downsides.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
This game seemed way too hard for me to stick with. No idea if I was playing it right, I just kept dying after the 4th or 5th room. Never making any kind of progress.
May need to watch some YouTube vids….

This game seemed way too hard for me to stick with. No idea if I was playing it right, I just kept dying after the 4th or 5th room. Never making any kind of progress.
May need to watch some YouTube vids….
That's the genre. With a good rogue-like, you reach the first boss and say "how am I possibly going to beat this!" Then you level up after a bunch more runs, gain a lot of power, and you can beat them. Once you beat bosses in this game, they stay beat btw, so you don't have to fight them every time.

Progress is always slow at first, even before a boss. Just keep buying upgrades to health and weapon strength. Don't use "house rules" cheats, or you'll just cheat yourself. The game isn't all that hard, it's just designed to require upgrades and experience.

For those who like this genre, I'd recommend trying Children of Morta, which is also on PS Plus.

Top Bottom