• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus new free games slammed as 'all-time low' by frustrated fans

FrankWza

OP stop trying to make this out to be some big deal. Your attempts at spewing PS negativity are obvious.
Supposed psmr guy, with a history of Port and day 1 PS release begging but, at the same time, has such a huge backlog and can wait 2 years for superior version is now scouring the net for negative posts about PlayStation. Maybe he financed that PC and has to pay it off?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
That's what I don't understand about monthly free games on these sub services.
I've already played all the good games I wanted to play... If I wanted to check out Mafia 2, I would've done so in 2010. Not at 30fps in 2023 on playstation.
Like.... I don't know what game I would wish for to be in ps+, that I don't already own or have played. The games I am interested in, I buy and play when they came out.

I only have 2 examples of fantastic sub games that I would've not played otherwise
-Stray - Maaaaybe I would get it later but since it was on ps+ and I had ps+ at that time, I just gave it a go and finished it.
-The Forgotten city on GP - I've heard the word about this game but it didn't look so compelling. So I saw it on GP and it's one of hte best games ever

Kupfer

I've already played all the good games I wanted to play...
Same
I only have 2 examples of fantastic sub games that I would've not played otherwise
Hell Let Loose and Control Ultimate Edition where great PS+ games for PS5 owners. Both Day 1 releases for the PS5 versions of the games. Everything after that was like meh for me and I can't remember playing any PS+ title after that.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I don't have any of these game, also I don't want any of these games.

Can't even remember when I redeemed one of these free PSN games. I just have a sub for the few times I do something online.

midnightAI

PlayStation Plus is free? WOW!
Depends on how you look at it doesn't it, same with GP.

Are you paying for.an online service and getting free games each month?
Are you paying for some games each month and getting free online?
Are you paying each month for some games and online?

I think many people will see it is as the first option and many will see it as the last option, probably noone thinks like the middle option, in regards to PS Plus but maybe like that for GP.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Depends on how you look at it doesn't it, same with GP.

Are you paying for.an online service and getting free games each month?
Are you paying for some games each month and getting free online?
Are you paying each month for some games and online?

I think many people will see it is as the first option and many will see it as the last option, probably noone thinks like the middle option, in regards to PS Plus but maybe like that for GP.

Is this a Gamepass tread? No. Of course it’s not free, it’s a paid subscription service.

Looking at games offered on either service and calling them “free” is the definition of stupid. There’s no other way of looking at it. You literally pay a monthly fee to access these games and the moment you stop, you lose access.

Christ.

midnightAI

Is this a Gamepass tread? No. Of course it’s not free, it’s a paid subscription service.

Looking at games offered on either service and calling them “free” is the definition of stupid. There’s no other way of looking at it. You literally pay a monthly fee to access these games and the moment you stop, you lose access.

Christ.
Wow, did I say it was a GP thread?

Chill out, you seem to have a lot of pent up aggression.

I personally see PS+ as paying for an online service, the games I get are free to me, that's the way 'I' see it, you can't tell me 'I' see it wrong, that's like telling people they can't have an opinion. You think differently, good, that's your opinion.

Basically, I'd be paying for the service whether there are games or not, so the inclusion of games is a bonus (ie. Free)... To me.

Edit: and just to be clear, I see GP differently, there I don't play much online multiplayer (although my son does) so for GP I am paying monthly mainly for the games not for playing online. But GP is different as that has day one releases.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Wow, did I say it was a GP thread?

Chill out, you seem to have a lot of pent up aggression.

I personally see PS+ as paying for an online service, the games I get are free to me, that's the way 'I' see it, you can't tell me 'I' see it wrong, that's like telling people they can't have an opinion. You think differently, good, that's your opinion.

Basically, I'd be paying for the service whether there are games or not, so the inclusion of games is a bonus (ie. Free)... To me.

Edit: and just to be clear, I see GP differently, there I don't play much online multiplayer (although my son does) so for GP I am paying monthly mainly for the games not for playing online. But GP is different as that has day one releases.

No you didn’t say it’s a Gamepass thread, but comparing these services is pointless as they are vastly different… as you just ironically admitted. So why even go there in the first place.

I have nothing else to say really. Calling these games free is beyond stupid. It’s an extra perk thats’s included in your paid subscription. That’s what it is.

Last edited:

midnightAI

I have nothing else to say really. Calling these games free is beyond stupid. It’s an extra perk thats’s included in your paid subscription. That’s what it is.
You have even said yourself, 'it's an extra perk', perks can sometimes be seen as freebies. I have BT Sport as a perk of my EE mobile account, to me that's free, I have not got that account because it has BT Sport.

Anyway, agree to disagree then, I see the PS+ games as freebies, you don't, you think that's stupid, good for you.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
You have even said yourself, 'it's an extra perk', perks can sometimes be seen as freebies. I have BT Sport as a perk of my EE mobile account, to me that's free, I have not got that account because it has BT Sport.

Anyway, agree to disagree then, I see the PS+ games as freebies, you don't, you think that's stupid, good for you.

You are naive and clearly don’t know how the world works. It’s not charity. It’s included in the price. There’s nothing to agree or disagree. It’s a fact. But anyway, continue living in your fantasy world my man. So strange.

midnightAI

You are naive and clearly don’t know how the world works. It’s not charity. It’s included in the price. There’s nothing to agree or disagree. It’s a fact. But anyway, continue living in your fantasy world my man. So strange.
Now speaking to me like I am 10 years old, classy man, classy.

If people want to see these games as freebies why not let them? Are people not allowed their own opinions?

And I know full well they aren't technically free, but like I said, I'd pay for the online service anyway, so to 'me' they are free.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Now speaking to me like I am 10 years old, classy man, classy.

If people want to see these games as freebies why not let them? Are people not allowed their own opinions?

People have the right to see left as right and blue as green and I have the right to call them on their nonsense. It’s not an opinion. It’s a fact.

midnightAI

Opinions =! facts

There we go, no need to tell something else
And I stated it as fact where exactly? I said people can see it that way, as I do, I never stated it was fact.

Very few things in this world are truly free, these are corporations out to make money, still doesn't change the fact that I, personally, as in me, 'consider' (for all intensive porpoises) these games as free, because I buy PS+ each month to play online. There are many months I don't even check what games there are and many months there is nothing for me to download, I don't get upset about it.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’ve been very happy with my strategy of only ever paying for GamePass and PS Plus in the months they actually have stuff on there I want to play. Saved me a lot of money.

Puskas

These game would always be a hit and miss and never understood the outrage even when I had a PS+ membership.
Some months were real stinkers whereas other months were excellent.

These game would always be a hit and miss and never understood the outrage even when I had a PS+ membership.
Some months were real stinkers whereas other months were excellent.
For the price expecting anything else is just stupid. There is definitely value there that equals the sub price of any tier. Even a stinker month like this one is worth the fee/12.
____

It might not be exactly your cup of tea and or not always super well received but Callisto Protocol, Dreams, Trek to Yomi, Sackboy, Axiom Verge etc even the bullied Saints Row, is in any sane objective view as a varied collection easily worth more than paying 70 for just one brand new game.

I would never pay the price for the MP only, the games are what give value imho, some do though, just for the online, which is fine, if they think it is worth it.

If anyone truly thinks it is not worth anything for neither games nor online (nor discounts). Okay, then they absolutely should unsubscribe. But people that act like every slightly older game is utter trash are imho just ridiculous and unhinged entitled.

Last edited:
Top Bottom