• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus new free games slammed as 'all-time low' by frustrated fans

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
ray liotta GIF

Ps plus essential is pretty much just the ability to play online now. I'm surprised some of the monthly games are good at all and not some indie games no ones ever heard of. If you want games from it, go with plus extra.

skit_data

How long were PS3 games included in PS+ after PS4s launch? We're almost 3 years in and we're still getting PS4 titles.

I'd rather have 2 good PS5 titles than 2 PS4 and 1 PS5 title. Things are a little different with BC being around but there was still some kind of cutoff date for the older consoles.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Literally every subscription service across all of the entertainment industry is getting a price increase. It's just a shitty time we live in. I don't know what these people are expecting Sony to do, include Modern Warfare 3 in this month's free games? It's a little ridiculous to be malding over this so hard. PS Plus isn't gonna turn into solid gold just because it got a price hike.

Last edited:

IDappa

Mafia remastered is great, legit made me buy the bundle it was that good. Are people sleeping on it, or is it secretly shit and nobody told me?.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Mafia 2 game and always was mid. I only finished it once.
And it's only 1440p 30fps port too.
Besides it's a 13yo trash bin game that was given for free, in bundles and many times over for 1$

Last edited:

yurinka

PlayStation Plus games tratidionally have been over 70-75 Metacritic.

All three PS+ Essential games of this month may have their fans, but all three are under that MC averagee, Sony should take care of this.

I assume Sony knew they were going to have a great amount of consoles and game subs sold this month, so didn't make a special effort in the PS+ games side and did use this month to put there some turds maybe making a favor to their publishers in exchange for something else. But they should avoid including turds there.

Having said that, let's wait and see what they include for Extra and Premium.

Last edited:

Three

The price went up which sucks for everyone but why do people think we're now going to get top rated recent releases?
Because of Lempels silly comment about the hike. This is an ordinary/average month though and some are exaggerating for that reason alone.
I on the other hand am sat here wondering what's coming to Extra/Premium. I'm optimistic and have a good feeling as to what it might end up being.

shaddam

The alien game is pretty cool if you are into it (i am into it) I cant care about this crying as my backlog is huge and it is still expanding.

Lunarorbit

The games have been ass for a long time on ps plus. occasionally we'll get a good month but honestly the sales on plus are the only reason I keep it around. The discounts are great.

I don't think it's their worst collection of games for a month, but it's definitely been a bad month after raising the price. it surprises me even if it shouldn't that they seem find dropping these turds right now.

King Dazzar

Poor month. The only thing I would say though. Do we all remember how perpetually utterly awful Games with Gold was. So it could be a lot worse. But yeah, for sure, shit month.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I think it runs at 60fps on PS5. Nobody has really tested the framerate on next gen consoles and the game was kind of forgotten.

I'll give it a shot when it goes live, but as per this website it's just the PS4 Pro enhancements (1440p/30)

Belthazar

The last few months being so bad just sting even more when you think they came after a very hefty price hike.

Last edited:

Kupfer

Wow. A remaster of a PS3 game, a GaaS and a mediocre coop shooter

Playstation Blog:

We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.

sarcastic laugh GIF

Last edited:

midnightAI

I dont have any of the games so good for me, thats the thing with Plus, what people consider bad months I usually dont have any of the games so I get three games out of it, when its a good month I sometimes have all of them so whats great for some is bad for me. Guess what I'm saying is whats good for some is bad for others and vice versa.

Kupfer

I dont have any of the games so good for me, thats the thing with Plus, what people consider bad months I usually dont have any of the games so I get three games out of it, when its a good month I sometimes have all of them so whats great for some is bad for me. Guess what I'm saying is whats good for some is bad for others and vice versa.
Just out of interest, and how often do you play these "bad" games that you haven't had before? I mean really play them, several hours, preferably until the credits.
I realized years ago that there's no point in redeeming all the games I don't have yet, because I don't touch them after all.

midnightAI

Just out of interest, and how often do you play these "bad" games that you haven't had before? I mean really play them, several hours, preferably until the credits.
I realized years ago that there's no point in redeeming all the games I don't have yet, because I don't touch them after all.
You have to play games until you see the credits? must have missed that memo.

The point is I wouldn't have experienced these games at all if they weren't there, whereas AAA top quality games that come to Plus I most likely will already have. Having Horizon, Last of Us 2 and Spider Man may seem like an amazing, best ever month, but for me it would be crap as I already have those.

I'll definitely give Mafia a go, my kids will probably try the others.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wow. A remaster of a PS3 game, a GaaS and a mediocre coop shooter

Playstation Blog:

sarcastic laugh GIF
Who would had ever thought a sub service giving 3 games in a month would have an avg MC score of 59.

Not surprised though. Years back someone did a games/rating score comparing GWG and PS+. GWG had fewer overall games but the games were much more recent and scored higher. PS+ had more games (since all the old gen systems are added to the pot), but you had tons of junk rated in the 50s and 60s. Here's 3 more games to add to the 50-59 and 60-69 tiers.

Last edited:

Vblad88

Players who say so are spoiled brats.

Why wouldn’t they just buy a pc and get all the games from the bay instead of complaining ?

SenkiDala

Damn crying babies, those aren't shitty games, you are shitty gamers. It is a monthly subscription if you don't like it unsubscribe, and if you subbed for a year knowing that you have crying babies expectations "booh where is Alan Wake II, Lords of Fallen and Spider-Man 2?" then you're the ones to blame.

marjo

Does anyone remember back in the PS3 days when online play was free, and PS Plus was actually a pretty good deal? I remember.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I think the price hike is great.
It's rock solid. 100 old movies.

For those of you on the PS Premium tier, your 33% price hike now allows you to watch 4 Godzilla movies.

If you are in the UK, you're in luck. You can catch up on watching Adventures of Baron Munchman for the millionth time. As a bonus, you can watch Susan George nude in Straw Dogs.

Quantum253

Does anyone remember back in the PS3 days when online play was free, and PS Plus was actually a pretty good deal? I remember.
Yea. It was amazing. Discounted games, avatars, early access demos. It made Xbox Live look pretty bad, but they all evened out over the years.

Mafia 2 is an amazing game, but the remaster runs like shit, lots of stuttering. Plus it’s an old ass game, this is a bad month.

Sushi_Combo

I remember when the Ps Blog used to poll us on which games that would be available next month. Fun and simpler times.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Mafia II is a great oldie, do people expect to get the latest AAA release for free every month for paying less than what two of those games cost for a year's sub or what's the problem?

Other than being fooled into paying for basic features like online play to begin with of course, but on console that was settled years ago by yourselves and you've got noone to blame.

Anyway, just treat Mafia II like a linear narrative action game and it's amazing, don't expect to play it like a sandbox with side content a la GTA, the city is just background for the story.

Last edited:

Generic

For those of you on the PS Premium tier, your 33% price hike now allows you to watch 4 Godzilla movies.

If you are in the UK, you're in luck. You can catch up on watching Adventures of Baron Munchman for the millionth time. As a bonus, you can watch Susan George nude in Straw Dogs.

Not in my country. Thanks Sony for increasing the PS Plus price and giving nothing in return.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Many Playstation fans consider the 100 movies great value

Top Bottom