• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RPCS3 now has a total of ZERO games in the Nothing status. This means that all known games and applications at least boot on the emulator

8BiTw0LF

Banned
"The gameplay footage was recorded/played in slow-motion and then the video was sped up in post-production. "

trump fake news GIF
Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

Here You Go Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fantastic. In 30 more years we'll be able to play most games to completion.
You already can complete "most" by the stats you just quoted... And what 30 years, PS3 is 16.
It's upscaling from 1280x720 to 4K via FSR and still not holding a stable 60 on a monster PC

We still have a long way to go
The game "targets" 30 fps on original hardware, it's already fine emulated, many games are just going to be impossible to get to 60 or improve in other ways because of how they were made.

PlayStation, N64, Dreamcast, GameCube, Wii and many other systems' emulation is considered great by any sane person even with very little in the way of performance enhancements, often relegated to hacks not part of the main (or best) emulators which don't work great or exist for most games.

Doubling+++ the fps on game x or y is not what sets the bar.

Nor is being demanding diminishing anything, even a SNES emulator needed a 3+GHz beast cpu to be truly accurate (rip Near), MAME can also be demanding or unplayable on current hardware depending on the board emulated even if software wise it's considered emulated, it's how shit works.

Last edited:

Drew1440

would love to play demons souls but don't have a PS3

do you need a PS3 console to dump games or could i try find a disc of the game and use a bluray drive to get the game on my PC? that's what i done with all my PS1/PS2 games.

edit: nevermind lol i just saw the price of blu ray drives. i'll wait until i get a PS5 :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Dumping games is possible but is dependant on the drive itself. I have multiple PC bluray drives and the only one that works with PS3 discs is an old HL drive from a 2011 Dell XPS. Modern Pioneer and Asus drives won't recognise the discs at all. It's probably better to use an actual PS3 to dump the discs and transfer them through the network.

yamaci17

It's upscaling from 1280x720 to 4K via FSR and still not holding a stable 60 on a monster PC

We still have a long way to go

no, you got it wrong, the video in question is NATIVE 4K. PS3 GPU was anemic, it is super easy to run super high resolutions on RPCS3. even a GTX 1080 will easily do 4K in all RPCS3 games. reason it is not hitting 60 FPS is because of CPU.

RPCS3-Killzone-3-GPU-Settings.png

It just adds FSR sharpening/algorythm on top of native rendering. It renders at native 4K (%300 scaling). resolution scaling and FSR has nothing to do with each other with this emulator. fsr upscaling would only be revelant if you want additional sharpening processing on top of what you have or in cases you cannot use resolution scale due to performance or compability reasons so that actual 720p window can be streched to fullscreen with FSR. however, the game is already running at internal 4K, so it is pretty much useless

Last edited:

Puscifer

For MGS fans on pc, probably the best way to play MGS3 right now (through the HD collection)

They've also given a solution to pressure sensitive buttons which were an issue in particular here

My Wooting 60HE has pressure sensitive analog switches, I'm going to have fun with this!

I know you can now earn trophies in games through RPCS3, which is cool. But can I view my trophies through the XMB like I could on my PS3?
And are you able to use the level editor in both Infamous 1 & 2 with the emulator?

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I don't mean to be a downer on this emulator, but it's been in development for so long, yet every so often I check their compatibility list of games you can play from beginning to end, and it's almost nothing when it comes to the "big" games.

• Uncharted 1-3? Nope
  • Metal Gear Solid 4? Nope
  • Killzone 2 and 3? Nope
  • inFAMOUS 1 and 2? Nope
  • Resistance 3? Nope (although props for 1 and 2 being fully playable)
  • All the Ratchet & Clank games? Nope
  • God of War III? Nope
  • The Last of Us? Nope
etc.. etc..

I don't mean to be down on the project and I have a full appreciation for the immense amount of work involved, but it just makes me pessimistic that these games are ever going to be fully playable on PC hardware.

Last edited:

Shakka43

I don't mean to be a downer on this emulator, but it's been in development for so long, yet every so often I check their compatibility list of games you can play from beginning to end, and it's almost nothing when it comes to the "big" games.

• Uncharted 1-3? Nope
  • Killzone 2 and 3? Nope
  • inFAMOUS 1 and 2? Nope
  • God of War III? Nope
  • The Last of Us? Nope
etc.. etc..

I don't mean to be down on the project and I have a full appreciation for the immense amount of work involved, but it just makes me pessimistic that these games are ever going to be fully playable on PC hardware.
Some of those are completable( KZ2&3, Uncharted 12&3...) they are marked as in-game instead of Playable cause they still crash from time to time and may exhibit some glitches here and there.

Perrott

Gold Member
Some of those are completable( KZ2&3, Uncharted 12&3...) they are marked as in-game instead of Playable cause they still crash from time to time and may exhibit some glitches here and there.
I really which they'd do a better job at categorizing the playability status of each game, as it is the case with Dolphin.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

• Uncharted 1-3? Nope
  • Killzone 2 and 3? Nope
  • inFAMOUS 1 and 2? Nope
  • God of War III? Nope
  • The Last of Us? Nope
etc.. etc..

Almost all of these can be beaten. They just don’t get put into the "playable" category because they can still crash and/or have performance issues.

Top Bottom