• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Batman The Animated Series

Batman-The-Animated-Series-cover-image.jpg

With the upcoming Blu Ray release of Mask of the Phantasm, I figured it was time to rewatch the greatest super hero cartoon of all time. Batman: TAS was my favorite thing on TV until I was a bit older and watching Dragon Ball Z. Its also one of the few comicbook properties that wasn't complete shit like everything else in the 90s.

And this still holds up amazingly well. Kevin Conroy is still the best Batman. His voice is just so authoritative and intimidating. Mark Hamil of course is iconic as the lovable clown prince of crime. The art deco art style is bursting with personality. The animation also is still fucking fantastic. The music by Shirley Walker outdoes both super hero tv shows and super hero movies.

Before I list off my top ten episodes of the show, I will mention the worst episode: I'VE GOT BATMAN IN MY BASEMENT. It felt entirely out of place in the rest of the show. Its wayyy too kid-friendly and saccharine. It feels like it was made to please studio execs who might have wanted the show to be more friendly for very small children.

Top 10 Batman: The Animated Series episodes

10. On Leather Wings: The first episode of the series and first of two episodes featuring The Man-Bat. The episode features a great sequence of Kirk Langstrom horrifically transforming in The Man-Bat which was pretty damn frightening for a cartoon intended for all audiences.

9. Over the Edge: Batgirl is dead. Nightwing and Robin have been arrested. Bruce Wayne's secret is revealed to the world and Commissioner Gordon is our for blood. To top off this episode is the inclusion of Bane helping Gordon track down the Batman and bring him down once and for all. This episode was shocking and bold.

8. Robin's Reckoning: Its nice to see the story of Dick Grayson fleshed out in this two part episode. We feel for Dick and we loath his parent's murderer. We see the relationship between Batman and Robin grow. The two parter also comes to a very satisfying conclusion.

7. The Laughing Fish: This one is a bit of a nostalgia pick for me. For some reason this episode scared the shit out of me as a kid. Seeing people succumb to Joker's laughing toxin was absolutely horrifying. The fish as with their smiles were creepy as fuck as well. In this episode, we see Joker up to his usual shenanigans trying to sell his newly created Joker fish. Joker and Harley do their usual entertaining schtick.

6. Two Face: What really makes this villain origin two parter great is that we have seen Harvey Dent previously. We got to see him and Bruce hang out. It was tragic seeing him succumb to his inner demons and become the man of duality. We feel for Bruce as he gains an enemy and loses a friend.

5. Beware the Grey Ghost: The late Adam West provides a voice for this thrilling episode where Batman teams up with his childhood hero to foil a criminal who is acting out an episode of the Grey Ghost. The episode showed that Batman started out like the rest of us, a fan of a famous fictional hero.

4. Perchance to Dream: Bruce Wayne wakes up to find that his parents are alive, he is engaged to Selena Kyle, and someone else is Batman. Everything should be perfect but its not. Something is very very wrong. This episode's twist in whats happening is a bit spoiled if you recognize the villain theme that plays during the episode.

3. Feat of Clay: Here we have the two part introduction to the underrated Clayface. Matt Hagen is a disfigured actor who is enslaved by his addiction to a facial cream that is used by Roland Dagget to get Hagen to do his dirty work. When Hagen refuses, he is overdosed with the facial cream which transforms his body. Clayface is a sad tragic villain in TAS. His quest for revenge against Dagget brings him face to face with Batman.

2. Dreams in Darkness: Batman is locked up in Arkham showing signs of erratic behavior. The truth is that he has been gassed by The Scarecrow. In his current state, Batman has to go face his fears and also stop Scarecrow from releasing the toxin into the Gotham water supply. I really dig this episode because the stakes are high and I really really love the weird hallucinations Batman has while under the influence of the fear toxin.

1. Heart of Ice: What a big surprise. Mr Freeze is given a new backstory concerning his terminally ill wife that will break your heart. This episode turned a villain that many found lame and silly into one of Batman's main villains. Motivated by revenge, Mr Freeze will stop at nothing to get back at his former employer who ruined his life. This episode famously won an Emmy and holds universal critical acclaim.

adj_noun

The music by Shirley Walker outdoes both super hero tv shows and super hero movies.

BTAS is one of those shows I feel like I could gab about all day without ever having to actually talk about an episode's plot. There's just so much there.

I will never, ever run out of ways to gush about Walker's music in BTAS. The character themes. Dear lord, the themes.

Andrea Romano's voice direction.

And then there's the title cards.

And the title sequence itself.

Wigdogger

It's really still a tremendous show. The episodes you highlighted are favs of mine. But really, there are so many good ones. As many have said, all of the origin stories are pretty much gold. Then you have a ton of other great one-off episodes. Very few stinkers.

It really feels like each one is a movie. The soundtrack, bold art style, top-notch voice talent and relatively mature storytelling help sustain that mood and gravitas.

It's a special show.

This thread needs the opening video. Best opening of all time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAG_7Ky4FY4

Love this opening too, but the original one was better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O39PNa3tYXs

It's one of my favorite shows and made me a Batman fan. Still think it has some of the best villains designs and voices, from Joker and Catwoman to Mr. Freeze and Two Face and ... They even made a new popular character for this series: Harley Quinn!
Still waiting for a blu-ray collection, but I know it won't happen. :(

Best superhero cartoon of all time? No no no no. Greatest cartoon of all time, period.

And you know what, maybe it's because I was a kid when I saw it, but I actually enjoyed that basement episode.

Sephzilla

Batman TAS is fantastic and the definitive version of Batman. Next you should revisit the slightly underappreciated follow up series

Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png

BTAS is still great. Sure there are some infamously bad episodes (IGABITBM, Cat-Scartch Fever, Moon of The Wolf), but the best episodes stand up among the finest TV shows episode of their day. They're great. One of my personal favorites that doesn't get enough love is Read My Lips, now that's how you introduce a villain.

Also while Walker's music was amazing, lets not forget she wasn't the only composer to contribute to the film. Carl Douglas also did some really good work on the series for example.

Batman TAS is fantastic and the definitive version of Batman. Next you should revisit the slightly underappreciated follow up series

Batman_Beyond_soundtrack.png

Batman Beyond is also excellent. The series really took advantage of Batman being in the future. My favorite episode of the series was probably Out of The Past. So good.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I watched some episodes through Amazon Prime about a year ago and yeah, it still holds up remarkably well. The X-Men and Spider-Man cartoons from the 90s do not lol

Very solid top 10 list, OP. Very solid.

I don't know if I would put them in top 10, but I was always partial to the Clock King episode. I don't know why that one always stuck with me, but it did.

I'd throw Joker's favor on that list. The idea that Joker basically stalked and terrorized a regular person is terrifying. Imagine having a bad day in traffic and flipping off the guy who cuts you off and it's the joker? The fear in the face of the guy as he tries to drive away always stuck with me.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever I see these threads with an episode rundown, I always hope the OP posts the title cards for each episode in their list, haha. They're soooo good.

9. Over the Edge: Batgirl is dead. Nightwing and Robin have been arrested. Bruce Wayne's secret is revealed to the world and Commissioner Gordon is our for blood. To top off this episode is the inclusion of Bane helping Gordon track down the Batman and bring him down once and for all. This episode was shocking and bold.

This episode weirded me out so much as a kid.

Although, I'll admit I never cared all that much for Heart of Ice. I don't know, I'm just not sure what people see in it. Favorite episodes are the Robin's Reckoning 2-parter since I identified so much with Robin as a kid and vastly prefered him to Batman, and the Rha's al Ghul 2-parter.

I should rewatch the show too, I bet there are still some episodes I've never seen.

Everybody needs to buy the Phantasm Blu-ray to send a message. Hopefully it's the best selling "on demand" disc they have ever sold.

Batman Vengeance was all right at the time, probably has not aged well though. I loved the TAS skins in some of the Arkham games (in City I think?) even though they look completely out of place.

You used to be cool, Kabukiman, then you had to post this. Why must you break my heart like this?

The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

Can you imagine a well-budgeted game that perfectly captures the art style, though? It would be greatness.

Batman Vengeance was all right at the time, probably has not aged well though. I loved the TAS skins in some of the Arkham games (in City I think?) even though they look completely out of place.

The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

World ain't ready for a Batman game with the look and atmosphere of TAS.

And yeah, Vengeance was okay at the time. It was just cool to be Batman and beating people up then. The bar for Batman games was much lower then, and my roommate and I at the time were just ecstatic to have a game styled after TAS.

The end credits music was just tremendous. Sounded triumphant, yet tragic

the sound of a dark victory, if you will

I've always appreciated how this show generally didn't pull any punches despite its rating. Managed to stay so true to and define Batman in many ways without being explicit. Commissioner Gordon got shot and while the shooting itself wasn't shown, all the trauma that comes with such an event was portrayed unflinchingly. Violence had consequence.

if they were to make a batman game with that artstyle and atmosphere......holy shit
The Adventures of Batman & Robin on Sega Genesis was really close. And it had a great gameplay and too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0iEaPoop4

I loved this game!
Never forget Mr. Freeze boss fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgWPIRd6Vo

It had amazing atmosphere and I think Mr. Freeze boss fight in Arkham City was a reminiscent to this.

It blew my mind when I learned that they did everything on black paper. The way this show looks still stands out over 25 years later.

Love this show. I'm in my 30s now and this show and and X-Men defined my Saturday mornings during my childhood. I will never get sick of watching this show, it is timeless.

For those unaware, there is a podcast called Arkham Sessions, which dives into the psychology of the show. It starts a bit rough, but the later episodes are pretty good.

iTunes link

Although, I'll admit I never cared all that much for Heart of Ice. I don't know, I'm just not sure what people see in it.

I wanted to gush about Heart of Steel for this round of "why BTAS is incredible" but I now I have to educate you on this travesty of a post. But I will thank you for giving me an excuse to watch this episode again.

Get a cold drink, sit down, and shut up because I'm going to tell you why Heart of Ice is the best goddamn episode of Batman ever.

Heart%20of%20Ice%201.jpg

Batman the Animated Series is renowned and almost revolutionary simply for how, despite being a cartoon on weekday afternoons for kids, the show took the viewers seriously. The show focused on slow build instead of bombastic overwhelming music and exposition drivel. Heart of Ice encapsulates everything that was fantastic and wonderful of, not just the animated series, but the Batman universe itself.

Mister_Freeze_BTAS.jpg

Simple stuff out of the way first, the animation is EXTRAORDINARY. Performed by the sadly defunct and bankrupt Spectrum animation studio, episodes handled by this group had such fluidity, form, scale, and weight to everything they presented. But it goes beyond that, they would emulate natural movement to objects such as the Batmobile's spinouts on sharp turns and when dealing with frozen terrain, and more widely known was the expanded attention to detail that would enhance and expand the presence and believability to characters as shown by the voluntary and time-consuming process of adding misty fog to Freeze's helmet by hand. The hits feel hard, the characters are given believable mass, and the visuals make this fantasy world solid and scale.

Music, like the rest of the series, is tailored to the tone and the features of the episode. To capture the cold and empty Mr. Freeze and the frozen landscapes in his wake, the score relies on flutes, violins, and simple piano keys. The sharp notes the flute pieces give emulate the sharp, biting bursts of icy wind but are not forceful to be overbearing, making them create the image of walking through a dead and isolated patch of nothing that the cold destroyed, and then left behind. The violin has always been an amazing tool for conveying sadness which is vital for this episode and Freeze's tragic character. The piano pieces naturally also are used to emphasize the sad tone of the story but also simulate solid icicles and its other forms vibrating from wind or drops of water hitting them. Again, all played together to subtly create the mental image to compliment the visuals without competing with them.

Which brings us to the writing. God damn what a giant umbrella this is. The characterization, the dialogue, the pacing, and framing; I have so much to say yet I don't even know where to begin.

I'm just going to lump them together under characterization, starting with Mr. Freeze first and then the bulk with Batman. Going back to my initial point about what made BTAS so stand-out and revolutionary was how seriously it took its audience and did not talk down to them, but it isn't just that. This show also took risks and creative gambles to expand on the material to create their own icons and stamp to the mythos, with the most practical examples being how they fleshed out the villains, often improving the comic's originals to the point that they became part of the new canon. Second to Harley Quinn, no one symbolizes this better than Mr. Freeze's presentation in this episode. Originally presented as a jewel thief in the comics (because diamonds are called "ice" in the black market, huehuehue), Freeze's background and motivations were made entirely from scratch in this episode and turned a throwaway villain of the week with an ice-motif, into one of the most empathetic, compelling, and tragic characters the Batman series has ever known. The basis for his creation and revision is like most genius acts is how simple it is. "Freeze is a man with no emotions, so the antithesis of that is to make him the most emotional man of all". Freeze was a man who had happiness, but then had it stolen from him through no real fault of his own, but instead thanks to the greed and shortsightedness of an uncaring businessman. It's true that Freeze's response to murder that man as well as anyone that tries to stop him is unjust, but doesn't Freeze deserve justice for what was done to him and his wife? Should Boyle just be allowed to go free and unpunished? These two conflicting but both morally based principles are the basis of not just this episode or of Freeze himself, but the very concept of Batman himself. How do you balance your logical sense of right and wrong with your emotional one? Which one wins out in the end for you personally? And how do your actions reflect that. A kid's show succinctly and effectively introduced the concept of grey morality in a way that none of its peers at the time even attempted to do.

qLHLB2J.gif

Which brings us to Batman's depiction in this episode.

Holy shit, where to start...

No other episode captures every aspect of Batman so perfectly and so efficiently than Heart of Ice. Just following the flow of the episode, we get to see what an intelligent investigator he is. He is considered the World's Greatest Detective and this episode uses that to great effect. First, he uses the stolen technology and the criminal's seeming ability to leave ice and snow in the midst of a heatwave to deduce that the stolen goods can be used in a configuration to create a weapon capable to creating intense cold, but it is short one component. While leaving this phantom component and its role in a hypothetical weapon vague can seem like a cop-out, it works for the episode because taking time to explain what that component is and its purpose would bog down the episode, hurting the pacing and would talk down to the audience by having Batman explain what he considers the obvious to the sidekick, which would be Alfred in this instance. Rather than use this roundabout writing to create a superfluous exposition to justify how Batman figured out what part is needed, he just figures it out and treats it nonchalantly and matter of fact. It portrays him so much smarter than the viewer in that he can deduce what the criminal is doing, what he needs to finish it, and it is so simple to him to do.

This episode continues, giving a powerful presentation of Bruce Wayne, both as a businessman and as a role to gather information. Wayne meets with Ferris Boyle, the president of the company that Freeze has been attacking in an attempt to find out who Freeze is and his goals. He gets some information but we get to see more characterization from comparing Wayne to Boyle. Boyle describes the former employee that died with indifference and disinterest, only to show emotion with resentment and disdain for wasting company money while also gloating about his upcoming award that he is earning through his PR efforts that he himself mocks as lipservice. It tops off with him gesturing to fellow businessman Wayne as if to say "You know what I mean" as though all CEOs and presidents do that, which Wayne is visibly disgusted by. This is again Batman and Bruce Wayne's strongest trait that despite all the wealth and prestige Wayne has and all the hardships and tragedy that Batman has experienced, he is still an idealist with a abundance of love and respect for his fellow man.

While the above speaks volumes to Batman's personality and values already, it is exemplified when he finds Freeze's video and confronts Freeze directly. While I adore this episode, I have to chuckle at Freeze's video. It's a video journal, yes, but why does it have so many camera angles? And who edited it in such a dramatic way? It doesn't hurt the episode, but it is a silly scene logically. The standout part of this scene is the delivery by Kevin Conroy. After viewing the video, he can only mutter a horrified and disgusted "My God..." before being attacked by Freeze. When captured by Freeze, we get a beautiful scene of the two talking and Batman's first response is to express his condolences to Freeze for his loss, in all likelihood being the first and only one to do so. Fantastic delivery by Conroy again as he tells Freeze he's sorry with the same weight as a doctor informing a next of kin that their family / friend died on the table. The exchange between the two has powerful and artistic lines which brings us back to the grey morality the show was confident enough to present to the audience.

heartofice.jpg

"I intend to pay back the man who ruined my life. Our lives."
"Even if you have to kill everyone in the building to do it?"
"Think of it Batman: to never again walk in the middle of a summer's day with a hot wind in your face and a warm hand to hold. Oh yes, I would kill for that."
While the series has done great things to humanize and expand on the villains, Batman was also expanded to be endlessly sympathetic and compassionate to his enemies. He knows that many of them were good people but had that 'one bad day' and he wants to help them, which makes Batman himself more human as well.

Action-wise this episode does a fantastic job at showing how proficient Batman is at combat taking on multiple of Freeze's goons, ending in the iconic blind backhand to the unsuspecting henchman sneaking up behind. For one, that's hilarious to see but it also shows what a keen awareness of his surroundings. Then we have his fight with Freeze himself where he's not a better fighter than Batman but he's clearly not someone you can fight hand to hand. Instead, the show depicts what an intelligent fighter Batman is with how he improvises to defeat Freeze.

Which brings us to what I think is one of the best lines said in the series, not only for its comedic effect but because of how it summarized Batman's intuition, deductive prowess, and wit.

"What was that?"
"The only way to fight a cold."

Oh my god, I LOVE that line and how it sums Batman up. The line begins when Batman is starting his investigation into Freeze but has gotten a cold. First, that's funny already that fighting Mr. Freeze has given Batman a cold but then before he leaves Alfred hands him a small container. "Knock out gas?" Alfred, "Chicken soup. The only way to fight a cold." That exchange right there perfectly shows the relationship between Batman and Alfred. Alfred being the fatherly figure to Batman gives him something for his cold, but all Batman can think about are weapons and tools, which Alfred responds in his dry humor as "It's soup, dingus." The soup doesn't come into play until the end of the episode during the fight with Freeze when he dumps the soup on Freeze's helmet. This is brilliant on a couple of levels. First, it shows Batman's creativity with his surroundings. The body-temperature soup making contact with the sub-zero glass helmet and the sharp difference in temperatures would cause the glass to expand and shatter. Second, the reason he went for the helmet specifically is because he knew already about Freeze's need to be in sub-zero environments at all times from their earlier conversation, speaking to his deductive skills again. Finally, the line is just so clever and witty, bringing back Alfred's comment works literally and figuratively for beating Freeze.

That one line captures everything interesting and charming about Batman.

Heart%20of%20Ice%203.jpg

The episode finally ends with Freeze in a special cell, without his suit showing what a fragile and sad person his ordeal made him, begging forgiveness from his late wife through beautiful symbolic imagery of a ballerina toy in a snowglobe that stops working from Freeze's cold touch. All with Batman looking on from a distance. It all creates a powerful and tragic visual to close out a story that could never have a happy ending.

God. Damn.

Heart of Ice has everything that makes not only BTAS spectacular but everything that makes Batman and his world timeless and engaging. We have a sympathetic villain when there wasn't one to begin with, Batman's compassion not only with his interactions with Freeze but with his interactions with Boyle, we see how intelligent and effective Batman is at investigations, how skilled and effective he is in combat even against a foe that is seemingly immune to physical attacks, smart and witty writing, incredible animation from a gifted studio that deserved better, all with a brilliant music score to tie it together.

Heart of Ice isn't just the best episode of Batman: The Animated Series; it could possibly be the best anything of Batman. And it only needed 22 minutes to do it.

Ravelle

That new batman animated movie that's coming out is drawn in TAS style and it looks fantastic.

I wonder if we'll ever get a Batman television show, marvel has a bunch of shows but are mostly kid oriented. DC seems to be sticking to Movies mostly.

super long post for nerds

Not enough ice puns though.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-14344-1389137873-22.gif

anigif_enhanced-10958-1416339535-29.gif

mFrOVQR.gif

But I appreciate the write-up. I don't know, I think it's a good episode but I simply never connected with it the way some people have. When it comes to tragic villains, I much prefer the Clayface episodes. And since you mentioned loving Heart of Steel, at least we can agree on that.

After the Nolan series wrapped up it was my hope that the next line of Batman would be able to pull from the more fantastical approach of the comics vs the realistic approach of the trilogy. I also wanted to see more of Batman's detective side while also embracing the noir aspects of Gotham.

Basically, I want a live action Batman that takes as much as possible from TAS. It would be a win-win obviously. Which is why I was more than disappointed that the biggest inspiration for DC's current Batman is from Frank Millers Dark Knight comic. Now, that comic is up there with my favorite Batman stories and it might even be my favorite, but it works as an elseworlds tale and not as the status quo. That's the advantage of story telling in comic form vs film. You can go in a completely different direction with iconic characters but don't have to commit to one idea with a boatload of money. If you have to commit to one idea of the character of Batman it should be a no-brainer to do something similar to BTAS. We'll see what Matt Reeves can do with it though.

Here are a few episodes of TAS that didn't quite make my list:

Showdown: An episode with not very much Batman. In this episode, we see actually get a look at Ra's al-Ghul in a different time period up to his usual villainy. Instead of Batman, we get Jonah Hex. When I first watched this episode, I had never heard of Jonah Hex and thought he was the height of cool. Back then, I couldn't just browse Jonah Hex's wiki page. It was fun seeing how a different hero operated against one of Batman's rogues.

If You're So Smart, Why Aren't You Rich?: The first outing with The Riddler is an entertain romp filled with snappy one liners and Batman and Robin having to use their wits to survive The Riddler's mad games of life and death. I also love the way the episode ends with the other villain, the man who screwed over Edward Nygma, fearful and paranoid that the Riddler may return.

Fantastic write up.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Heart of Steel.

Fantastic write up.

I would love to hear your thoughts on Heart of Steel.

Thank you! Sure, why not. It won't be nearly as drawn out.

Heart of Steel stuck with me not because it was particularly clever or deep, but because it introduced a lot of concepts and visuals I had never experienced before. I love robots, technology, and all that junk. It's why I love Mega Man, Transformers, and giant mecha animes. Heart of Steel turned that against me.

Films like Invasion of the Body Snatchers and The Thing were all about paranoia about something inhuman infiltrating your group and was taking it over. That people you trusted and knew may be imposters now waiting for a chance to kill you and take your place. Who do you trust and how can you trust them? A main point of 2001: A Space Odyssey was the idea of a computer or machine turning against humans completely reliant on it and how vulnerable that can make us. How do you fight something that can control everything around you and doesn't have the weaknesses humans have? While these movies may not be the originators of these concepts, they certainly popularized them.

Heart of Steel was my first introduction to those concepts.

Now, robots were threats. They wanted to come into our homes to hurt us and replace us. And they were strong enough and resilient enough that they could. Again, BTAS respected the viewers to not talk down to them and featured more serious and complex concepts like that. It was bad enough right there, but they went further with unsettling and horrific imagery with the unnatural and distorting movements the duplicates made. It went into full drive when Bruce Wayne is attacked by the group of high society duplicates and, once exposed as robots, began walking crab walking like this:

latest

I had never seen the Exorcist so this was also my first experience with that kind of visual and it freaked me the fuck out! Actual jumped-out-of-bedsheets nightmares for a bit.

There's one scene that I want to gush about and that is Batman getting attacked by the duplicate Bullock. When I watched BTAS in its initial run I didn't really understand everything happening so Bullock's animosity toward Batman seemed like someone that was jealous of Batman, like the bully character that runs at the first sign of danger, rather than a detective frustrated at the police's ineffectiveness at combating Gotham's threats and reliance on a vigilante to do their jobs for him. So we have Batman with Barbara talking about Gordon acting strange when Bullock interrupts them. Bullock is strangely super confrontational and aggressive towards Batman. Batman's reaction was like mine: "Is this guy serious? I've got better things to do" and starts to walk off. But then Bullock grabs him in a bear hug.

This next sequence and my thought process went through wild variations. "He's grabbing Batman? Batman. This guy's crazy if he thinks he can fight BatmaWait, why isn't he breaking free? He can't! What! He's actually crushing him!" That's a really exciting sequence already but the music is what made it perfect. The music matched my thoughts exactly. Bullock's provocations are greeted with confusion and almost whimsical music, but when Bullock grabs Batman, the music still doesn't pick up. Instead it almost matches the beat I had with "What the....What the!" before it increases in tempo and instruments, particularly loud trumpets which really captured the sense of abnormal overpowering force "Bullock" was using. Like he was a giant. The visuals, the music, and my own reactions all played together perfectly to create an amazing and frightening spectacle.

Hey, about that hot assistant lady?

latest

She's flirty, sexy, and witty. What could go wron--
960.jpg

JESUS SHIT CHRISTMAS!!

Behind that friendly banter was a horrible machine that was watching you and waiting for its chance. Again, I had never seen this type of visual before of the fake skin falling off revealing the lizardman/alien beneath. As soon as it's exposed it drops the pretenses and starts throwing its weight around and starts making those unsettling and unnatural movements again.

The entire episode was one of the most terrifying things I had ever seen at that point as a kid. It was AWESOME!

Top Bottom